in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-14-2011 2:10 AM by hfat. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-01-2010 7:51 AM

Beomedia 1 Connection / IR

Greetings everyone...

So I final got around to setting up the BeoMedia 1 that I acquired a while back.  My current setup is both a BeoSystem 1, BV4-50 and BeoSound 9000 in the same room with all speakers connected to the BS1 (Beolab 1 & Beolab 6000).  To my knowledge the BS1 is set to Option 2 and the BeoSound 9000 is set to Option 0.

1) Does it really matter which of the rear connection (DVD, V.TAPE, etc) I connect the S-Video, Video, L & R Audio, COAX to?

2) Notice in the BM1 Setup Guide it say "IR receiver (only required in some setups)" is that referring to where in the BM Installation Guide 'BeoLink Media Installation Guide' it states "used if the TV in question has an application software installed which do not support a full integrated BeoLink Media setup and then I am assuming in that case I would be required to also setup a Beoport/BeoLink PC2 or be required to connect a seperate link eye directly to the BM1?

Hiller

BeoVision 4-50 MkII, BeoSystem 1, Zektor Switch, DTS box, BeoLink Passive, BeoVox Cona, BeoLab 1, BeoLab 3500, BeoLab 6000, BeoLab 4000, BeoLab 4, BeoLab 3000, BeoMedia 1, BeoMaster 5, BeoSystem 3 Type 9621

• 12-10-2010 2:00 PM In reply to

• Spiros
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Thessaloniki GREECE
    • Posts 1,088
    • Gold Member

Re: Beomedia 1 Connection / IR

Hi Hiller,

Starting from the end I would say that you only need the Beoplayer software installed on your PC in order to transfer all data.

It does matter how you connect the BM1 since in some cases you do not need to use an external eye. E.g You can use the ML and BM1 listens to PC which will directly switch to your "camera" and you will see and control it.

It's really not difficult so U'm sure you will find the way!!

Best regards

Spiros

• 02-26-2011 4:18 AM In reply to

• hfat
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-18-2010
    • Austria
    • Posts 176
    • Gold Member

I have a BM1 connected to BS2 and it works very well:

There are different options to connect depending on the SW of yout BS1:

If your BS1 knows "PC"-Sources you don't need to connect the IR. You should connect via ML. In this case the BM1 registers automatically as "PC". Just try to assign "PC" to any connection in BS1 connection menu. If the option PC isn't offered, your BS1 is not PC-ready.

If your BS1 doesn't know "PC"-Sources you connect the BM1 to BS1 on any of the Scart-Connectors. You should assign V.Aux to this connection within the connection setup. Additionally you have to configure BM1 to respond to V.Aux command. You should set the Videomaster Option to 2 within the BM1 configuration.

If your BS9000 is N.Music ready you should connect the BM1 to ML. In this case you can use the N.Music command to play music stored on BM1 via BS9000.

hfat

• 03-08-2011 8:06 AM In reply to

hfat,

By your comment "if your BS1 knows "PC"-Sources" do you mean that when I go into the TV Setup menu and then under External Sources to let the BS1 know what device I have connected!  With the current CDDB version 4.7g I belive is what is installed on my BS1 there is no listing for PC anything when I scroll through the various External Sources.

As well unfortunately, the US version of the BS1 doesn't have any SCART connection like the other BS1 variants and your BS2.

Haven't had much time lately to play with it, but will make a go at it this coming week.

To my knowledge my BS9000 is an MkIII thus N.Music ready!  I do have the BM1 connected via ML to an ML Distribution Box though, but still nothing that I noticed.

Hiller

BeoVision 4-50 MkII, BeoSystem 1, Zektor Switch, DTS box, BeoLink Passive, BeoVox Cona, BeoLab 1, BeoLab 3500, BeoLab 6000, BeoLab 4000, BeoLab 4, BeoLab 3000, BeoMedia 1, BeoMaster 5, BeoSystem 3 Type 9621

• 03-08-2011 10:17 AM In reply to

• hfat
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-18-2010
    • Austria
    • Posts 176
    • Gold Member

Hi Hiller, Yes, that's correct. I've just seen the manual of the BS1 US version.

I think it will be the best solution to connect the BM1 to the V.AUX socket (video and sound). You will then need the additional IR-Eye to control the BM1. In the BM Setup you have to setup BM1 to listen to the V.Aux command.

Did you check the BM1 is working correctly by connecting keyboard and monitor? I have an BeoSound 3000 working with N.Music. There was no additional setup necessary to make it work. Simply connecting BS2, BS3000 and BM1 to the Masterlink. To make ML work after connecting a new device, you have repower all connected devices.

hfat

• 03-13-2011 10:22 PM In reply to

I did get the BeoMedia connected using the S-Video via V.Aux and connect via ML, I had both S-Video and Composite but it seems that only the S-Video cable really matters as when the composite is left off it displays the BM1 Interface and the Service Mode with only the S-Video cable.

Here's the interesting thing though...

When Command is set to PC or V.Aux on the BM1

If N.Radio/Music is selected via the connected Keyboard I see the BM1 interface on my BV4 yet I can't navigate it with my Beo4 I have to use the connected keyboard.

If N.Music/Radio is selected via Beo4 I see nothing, just a blank screen on my BV4, the BV4 even will go into standby/turns off after a while.  Yet the Radio or Music plays just fine and the Beo4 can be used to navigate!

If I then switch back to V.Aux I see a black screen of the Service Menu seeing that when the connected mouse is moved the cursor appears.  I have to access the Taskmanger and use the Run command interface to relaunch BeoNavigator to see the BM1 Interface again.

What am I missing in order to see the BM1 Interface at least on my BV4-50 Model 8591 when select from my Beo4 using N.Music/N.Radio?

Then also notice that under the Configuration Menu, System Settings, Select Video Mode, there is a High 1, High 2 & Standard.

All the three modes if Tested display properly to a computer monitor via the VGA output.  Only the Standard setting when tested displays out to the BV4 through the S-Video connection.

In order to use the High1 or High2 settings would I need to get a VGA breakout cable, so I can connect from the BM1 VGA to my Zektor switch thus I would be utilizing the Component inputs on the top panel of the BS1?

Thanks...

Hiller

• 03-14-2011 2:10 AM In reply to

• hfat
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-18-2010
    • Austria
    • Posts 176
    • Gold Member

Hi Hiller,

The BM1 serves three commands: N.Music/Radio which are audio commands and PC/V.Aux (depending on configuration) which are video commands.

N.Music/Radio is used togehter with an N.Music compatible audio master and is controlled via masterlink. Sound otput goes via masterlink. So it is absolutely correct that you don't see a userinterface and BM1 doesn't respond to your IR command via IR eye. You should try to control it via your audio master.

To get it work as video source you have to set the command to V.Aux (PC is only working with PC compatible video masters). Then you setup your BS1 (video master in Mode 2) to respond to the V.Aux command at the connection you connected the video and audio cables of BM1. Then you should see the userinterface of beoplayer on your BV4 and the monitor connected to the VGA out of BM1.

The Video Mode Setting are only available when the BM1 is connected to the video master via VGA.

hfat

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)