in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-02-2007 5:21 AM by Alex. 28 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (29 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-01-2007 5:33 PM In reply to

Re: Speaker Suggestion

Thanks everyone for your advice.  So I guess I'll look for a pair of older BL4000's without ICE.

Thanks 

• 07-01-2007 10:04 PM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

soundproof:
    Morgan:

BL9 plus BL4000s would get my vote. There's a purity of tone in the upper register of the BL4000s that I believe goes very well with the ditto from the BL9s.

Sorry but I don´t understand "ditto", but I got the general idea.

Just that the BL9s are similarly clear and bright in the upper register, so you get a good match. If you've been to a lot of live concerts, and in good seats (or are a musician yourself) you know that it's in the rendition of the concert timbre that B&O stands out, and that's due to the clarity of the upper register.
    People who don't listen that much to live acoustic music  sometimes feel the B&O speakers are too bright - but that's the price B&O pays for sending the members of its Golden Ears group to at least 20 live concerts a year, I guess! They're not satisfied until they hear what they heard at the concert.

I completely agree with the 4000's as rears and also like the idea of 4000's as rears with BL9's (as opposed to BL3's as rears). The 4000's have that very full and warm but still detailed sound which would compliment the clarity of the BL9's in a live concert DVD. The concert is in front of you.

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 07-02-2007 3:01 AM In reply to

brendon:

Thanks everyone for your advice.  So I guess I'll look for a pair of older BL4000's without ICE.

Thanks 

I think you should hear the new ones, with ICE, before deciding against them. Maybe your dealer can arrange a with and without listening session for you. Someone in this thread did mention a possible problem with them together with BL8000s ... while in other threads I have read that they have very rich sound with good bass. Haven't listened to the new ones, so I can't say either way. 

• 07-02-2007 5:21 AM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

Your dealer may not be aware that they are now ICE Powered, B&O didn't make a song and dance about it, they simply changed all the part numbers. That's what to ask for if they look at you quizzically when you say 'ICE Powered BeoLab 4000s', just ask for 'New part-number BeoLab 4000s'.

Weekly top artists:                   

Page 2 of 2 (29 items) < Previous 1 2