in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-25-2010 12:34 PM by timhanna. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-25-2010 11:47 AM

Problem with my Beosound 3200

Hi all,

I own since a bit more then 3 years a Beosound 3200. Some weeks ago I experienced some problems while reading a CD. It stopped reading during small intervals and finally the CD stopped turning. I took it to the B&O service here in Madrid and was told that the CD mechanism was broken and needed to be changed together with the laser reader. All this at a price of 350 EUR. I am quite amazed that an equipment of such a name and quality breaks down only after 3 years of normal use and always kept in best conditions. I had a lot of brands before and never had problems with any of them.

I wrote to B&O asking for reasons why something like this could happen and got no response; only that the local dealer is resposible to charge me whatever they think is correct. To be honest that is not what I expect from B&O !!!!!

Does anyone in the forum had a similar problem? Why could something like this happen?

I am thinking seriously of putting all my B&O stuff on ebay and getting something of better quality.

Thanks,

Edmadrid

• 10-25-2010 12:34 PM In reply to

Re: Problem with my Beosound 3200

In my opinion, B&O make the best speakers! Great telephones and great/bad TVs (lets keep it at that)... the Audio Masters (especially CD ones) are what worries me that most! It makes me worried to listen to CDs because I would be running down the life of the laser.

Cheaper but decent brands such as Pioneer, Denon etc etc, never give you this feeling. 

What I've learned to accept with B&O, is:

1. Speakers are quality and justify every single penny/cent
    2. Everything else is luxury and subsequently comes with maintenance.
    I'm sorry to hear that you are having troubles with it, but if cleaning the laser doesn't help, then :(

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)