in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-01-2010 2:28 PM by elephant. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-23-2010 10:27 PM

BM-Link and iTunes 10 - do they work together?

Hiya,

I haven't updated iTunes on my mini in a loooong time.  Does iTunes 10 break BMlink?  Or do they work happily like... uh... two things that work together?

• 09-24-2010 1:51 AM In reply to

Re: BM-Link and iTunes 10 - do they work together?

It doesn't like the Beosound plug in but once this is removed, it seems to be fine. Mine is working perfectly.

• 09-24-2010 4:44 AM In reply to

dilznik:
    Does iTunes 10 break BMlink?
    I have tested for you my iTunes 10 (without the BS plug in) with BMLink, and "good news", it still works

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 11-01-2010 11:22 AM In reply to

Sorry to be so ignorant but what is a Beosound plug-in and how do I get rid of it?  I have recently converted to an imac and am experiencing similar problems with Beosound 2

• 11-01-2010 2:28 PM In reply to

when itunes crashes it produces a crash report and asks you if you want to reopen it ...

buried in the crash report text was the location and name of the offending plug-in, here is where mine was

PlugIn Path:       /Users/ed/Library/iTunes/iTunes Plug-ins/BeoSoundPlugin.bundle/Contents/MacOS/BeoSoundPlugin

I copy and pasted "/Users/ed/Library/iTunes/iTunes Plug-ins/BeoSoundPlugin.bundle/Contents/MacOS" into the Finder Go To Folder menu

/ed/ is my signon, yours will be different but the rest should be the same

Once the folder was opened I then moved the plug-in to an archive spot ... leaving the other plugins there as they were not an issue

The system will ask you for system administration approval to do the move by asking for your password

Then you can reply to the crash report reopen option and itunes will restart perfectly

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)