in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-23-2010 8:32 AM by FourSymbols. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-23-2010 3:42 AM

Help before I hit the bottle.

I own a Beosound 2 and I am a Mac user.

I have sorted the plug-in / I tumes 10 problem during which I removed all B & O programs from my computer.

I am now left with a very expensive paperweight at the side of my computer. I cannot download any music onto my Beosound 2

Can somebody please explain to me ( In very easy calm stages) how I can download music from my Mac to my Beosound. I am so frustrated with conflicting advice I am on the verge of seeking solace in the bottle. 

• 09-23-2010 4:07 AM In reply to

Re: Help before I hit the bottle.

Is your particular Mac a recent generation with an SD-card slot ?

If it is ... then I suggest you take the BeoSound 2 SD card, insert it into your slot, and then manually copy (drag & drop) songs from your hard drive to the folders on the SD card.

You can either set up one large folder (say, "music"), or if you like individual folders such a series of albums or artists, but do NOT nest the folders.  And best not to use complicated names - you will never see them and they mean little to the BeoSound 2.

Then insert the SD card back into the BeoSound 2, and it should automatically construct its particular B&O playlists from these folders and their songs.

If the Mac does not have an SD slot builtin, you might try a cheap USB device that accepts SD cards, and use the same process.

PS I admit I have not tried to do a work around for iTunes 10 ... but I while I have upgraded my MacMini, I am keeping my MacBook at iTunes 9.

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 09-23-2010 5:59 AM In reply to

Thank you for replying but this is where I get to and it fails

I have a 12 month old Imac with I tunes 10.  I have attached a usb card reader.

I have tried what you suggest and the folders and songs are copied to the SD card, but it will not play on the beosound 2. I have tried putting new songs in old folders but the new songs will not play.

• 09-23-2010 6:17 AM In reply to

FourSymbols:
    I have tried what you suggest and the folders and songs are copied to the SD card, but it will not play on the beosound 2. I have tried putting new songs in old folders but the new songs will not play.

Are you able to list the directory in your BeoSound 2's SD card ?

Either a screen shot or a listing ?  I think I posted a couple of examples a while back and I can do so again ... let me know if you need guidance on how to do that.  And sorry for being so ... geeky.

PS do you know what firmware level your BS2 is at ?  As in, when did you last update it ?  And are you near a B&O store that could use their Windows based BeoPlayer to check out your BeoSound 2?

PPS apologies for not welcoming you to Beoworld !  Are you on the east coast of North America?

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 09-23-2010 6:59 AM In reply to

I do not know what firmware the BS2 is at. it is a few weeks since thay were linked together. I tend to use it when I travel to the states and it is 6 months since I last visited.

I visited my local store a couple of days ago to get advice about the itunes 10 plug in fix and they said everybody was waiting for an update from B and O.

I am Uk based but have a place in Florida

Is this what you wanted

file:///Users/patrushall/Desktop/screen%20shot.tiff

Only one of those tracks will play. That was recorded some time ago. 

• 09-23-2010 7:58 AM In reply to

Sorry but I think that the image is still on your laptop

• 09-23-2010 8:24 AM In reply to

Sorry ... Two points. The firmware update is not automatic and now probably impossible on your Mac ... Go back to the dealer and ask them to check 1/ what is the firmware level on the bs2 is.e. Is it up to date and also 2/ can their beoplayers or their beosound 2s a play the sd card and it's music ... The fact that an old song plays makes me confident the hardware etc is ok,and that it is some simple problem ... Are these new songs from iTunes all mp3s?

• 09-23-2010 8:32 AM In reply to

They are all mp3 from Itunes- I have to see the dealer with a B and O phone problem so I will speak to them.

Thank you for your help

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)