in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-24-2010 9:07 AM by pgerell. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-11-2010 5:36 PM

• pgerell
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-24-2007
    • Stockholm
    • Posts 77
    • Founder

Are there any Serenata software updates?

Hi, I have just started to use my new second hand Serenata. I love the design and I am aware that the product is a few years old, but the browser is awful.

Are there any software updates that correct the most obvious bugs? Like not being able to reach all links on a page. Rotating the navigation moves the selection vertivally on the page. If there are several links on the same row it is not possible to reach all of them. Sometimes you may reach some of them by scrolling past the row and then scrolling back. Not even the browser in the Serene was this bad.

I guess I could contact my local b&o dealer, but my experience is that the people on this board knows more about b&o products than he does.

Filed under:
  • 09-12-2010 2:36 AM In reply to

Re: Are there any Serenata software updates?

Hi,

Unfortunately, B&O discontinued the Serenata, so no more updates are available from B&O.

However, you should download Samsung PC Studio on your PC, connect your Serenata via USB & run the "check for updates" program. I don't think there's any update for the browser, as I use it from time to time & experience the same bugs you have, despite updating the Samsung software frequently. 

Reunion Island is greeting you!

• 09-12-2010 7:12 PM In reply to

• pgerell
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-24-2007
    • Stockholm
    • Posts 77
    • Founder

Hi.

I realize that B&O most likely will not release any more software updates to this phone. I was hoping that some would have been released during the short life of the product. I can't see how the original buyers, paying $2000, could accept such a bad browser. I would have sent it back to the dealer immediately.

• 09-24-2010 9:07 AM In reply to

• pgerell
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-24-2007
    • Stockholm
    • Posts 77
    • Founder

Hi again

I have to admit to I was a bit to harsh in my judgement of the Serenata. The browser actually works quite good. The information on how to navigate between links was in the user's guide. Just in different chapter.

I only have three problems with the phone right now.

1. The missing resume functionallity in the music player. Always starting over from the beginning of the track is no problem when listening to music, but really annoying when listening to audio books or podcasts.

2. The incredibly small center button of the navigation wheel. Almost impossible to push without using the nail. I often accidently push C or red when trying to push the button

3. The email application marks email messages as read in gmail when connecting using IMAP even though only the headers have been downloaded.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)