in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-30-2010 10:44 PM by SWISS_2. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-30-2010 9:04 PM

• kron
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-05-2007
    • Posts 2
    • Gold Member

BeoVision 10-40 problems

Hi all,

I'm a proud owner of Beovision 10-40 since last december and I really love my tv. However there have been some minor glitches that occur once in a while and I wanted to check if anybody else have been having those problems.

1. TV freezes when watching movies via PS3 connected with a HDMI cable. This has happened twice in the last month or so. Tonight it occured like this: half of the screen froze and the other half of the screen continued to play the movie. Tried to pause, play the movie and then the screen went gray and I couldn't even restart with my Beo5, I had to get the old Beo4. After a restart of the TV everything was fine

2. On several occasions last winter the DTV module restarted itself again and again without no apparent reason. When I changed to an other source ( HDMI ) I could here a clicking sound when the DVT module was going through the reboot loop. Later I came to the conclusion that this happened when the DVB-T antenna had some snow on it ( I have not tested this theory, will do next winter )

3. On one of the + stations ( 1 hour behind ) the audio is so off sync that it is not watchable ( is that a word? ), but I'm not sure if that is a receiver problem or a broadcasting problem.

The dealer has confirmed that the DVT rebooting happened in their showroom aswell as with an other customer. I'm not sure if they have reported those problems to B&O in Denmark, at least they have no answers for me.

Has anybody else been experiencing similar issues with the BV 10-40? Do you have any comments on how I should get the dealer/manufacturers attention to those problems?

Regards

Konrad Hall

Iceland

• 08-30-2010 10:44 PM In reply to

• SWISS_2
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Neuchatel, Suisse
    • Posts 552
    • Gold Member

Re: BeoVision 10-40 problems

Hello Konrad;

Nice to know there are other members in the BV club.

1. Never had the problem, but I only use a Beo 4 remote.

2. DVB-T:  I had the same experience in the mountains. On a tip, I placed our antennae inside the house in the attic. No snow, no ice, and the reception is fine.

3. 3-4:  No similar experience.

Your local dealer sounds like a nice chap; Very considerate, helpful,  informative, and in need of a refresher charm school lessons. ( Not all are ).

Cheers !

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)