in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-31-2010 3:54 PM by Blackrix. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-29-2010 1:35 PM

• honzup
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-15-2010
    • Posts 2
    • Silver Member

Beosound Ouverture - no left channel output

I recently moved into a house where a B&O system was "included in the price".  It is a Beosound Ouverture connected to a set of BeoLab 4000 speakers by powerlink.  There are masterlink connections to a couple of B&O TVs and other speaker locations around the house. The system is probably about 10 years old.  I have connected by Logitech Squeezebox to the Aux input on the Ouverture and have been really enjoying the flexibility and high quality sound. 

Last week I noticed that there was no longer any sound from the left channel BeoLab speaker.  All connections seem fine and the balance control is centred.  Swapping the speakers around does not make any difference.  Both speakers will operate when switched to the right channel (which is how I now have them set).  All masterlink outputs and the headphone socket continue to produce sound through both channels.

Does anyone have any idea where the problem might lie?

Thanks.

John

• 08-29-2010 3:12 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Re: Beosound Ouverture - no left channel output

honzup:

I recently moved into a house where a B&O system was "included in the price".  It is a Beosound Ouverture connected to a set of BeoLab 4000 speakers by powerlink.  There are masterlink connections to a couple of B&O TVs and other speaker locations around the house. The system is probably about 10 years old.  I have connected by Logitech Squeezebox to the Aux input on the Ouverture and have been really enjoying the flexibility and high quality sound. 

Last week I noticed that there was no longer any sound from the left channel BeoLab speaker.  All connections seem fine and the balance control is centred.  Swapping the speakers around does not make any difference.  Both speakers will operate when switched to the right channel (which is how I now have them set).  All masterlink outputs and the headphone socket continue to produce sound through both channels.

Does anyone have any idea where the problem might lie?

Thanks.

John

Hi John, and welcome to Beoworld. You say that you have tried swapping the speakers over. Have you tried swapping the cables. You could have a break in one of them.

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 08-31-2010 3:26 PM In reply to

• honzup
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-15-2010
    • Posts 2
    • Silver Member

I haven't swapped the cables because they are looped through from left to right speaker and in the wall cavity.  I guess I will have to purchase a couple of new cables to test.

• 08-31-2010 3:54 PM In reply to

Does the right speaker work if you turn the switch to the left channel? In that case I am quite sure that it is the cable.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)