in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-21-2010 8:01 AM by DrDimitris. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-21-2010 6:24 AM

• madskp
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 11-06-2007
    • Denmark
    • Posts 111
    • Gold Member

BV8 Wall Bracket on the cheap

When I Bought my BV8 I hadn't thought that it should hang on the wall but it ended that way. The decision was made in a weekend where I couldn't buy an original B&O wall bracket so in order to get it up quickly I made this myself.

http://picasaweb.google.com/madskp/BV8WallBracket?authkey=Gv1sRgCKatyKTHvIzMzgE&feat=directlink

It is just to ordinary L brackets for mounting shelves on the wall. I have made some extra holes in them to fit the holes in the bottom of the BV8 (those for the feet that came with the TV).

It is pretty discrete in my opinion. Actually the sensor bar for my Wii is showing more than the brackets.

All in all this cost me around 14€.

Hope someone else can use it as inspiration. I guess it will work for both the 26", 32" and 40" version.   

• 08-21-2010 7:42 AM In reply to

Re: BV8 Wall Bracket on the cheap

I'm all for the DIY bracket approach. I've never understood why people have been willing to pay about £100 for a fixed flat screen bracket for your average TV that may only have cost £300 in the first place. Strange that TV's dont come with a simple wall bracket included in the price (but retailers probably make more from the bracket sale than from the TV!)

In many cases just a simple channel section can be bolted to the standard fixing holes on the TV and a similar inverted channel bolted to the wall for the TV to hang from. Having said that, if you want to have a special pull-out or hinged option for your stand you are probably best off with an STB bracket for a B&O TV.The BV8 presents an extra challenge with its inclined back!

An alternative approach would be use a large wall panel. Most TVs could be mounted  (except BV8 wchich would still need a shelf!) directly onto the panel with bolts through from the back at the standard spacing, and all the cables could be run behind the panel from floor level.You just need a neat edge or trim for the panel and concealed wall fixings to secure it to the wall, leaving the bottom edge to transmit the weight of the TV to the floor. This is just a personal preference and removes the need for a central cable duct on the wall surface.

Graham

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure. [W C Fields]

• 08-21-2010 8:01 AM In reply to

Re: BV8 Wall Bracket on the cheap

Not bad at all!! Well done

-Dimitris

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)