in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-19-2010 3:51 PM by Vienna. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-29-2010 8:55 AM

Interesting development with Apple TV connected to BV6

I have just recieved my new ATV from the States and connected it to my Beovision 6 as follows:

HDMI to DVI connector with a HDMI to DVI cable

Analog sound connector to PC sound in (AV3)

This works like a charm. Initially the resultion was set to 480 but when I played around with higher resolutions I was suprised to see that 720p also worked. I do not yet have my recently aquired BV6 HD upgrade kit installed yet.

I played some HD content from the movie trailers section and podcast and I can see a major quality improvement.

I am still wondering why the 720p works. Tonight I will install Boxee and XMBC and see how that works.

• 07-29-2010 12:03 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Re: Interesting development with Apple TV connected to BV6

As far as i'm aware, the screen is 720p and using the DVI input as PC will give you 720p HD resolution.  That being the case, you don't need a HD Kit?

Correct me if i'm wrong though - i've heard conflicting reports, but that's always been my answer!

Lee

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 07-29-2010 2:59 PM In reply to

Lee,

I can confirm that the BV6 does not have the kit installed (yet) and runs now at 720p. The manual for the HD upgrade kit does show that AV3 becomes available allowing use of the component (YPBR) inputs and assigment of DTV to either component or DVI.

At the moment i cannot use P-Mute because I select PC to activate the DVI input. The ATV also shows that HDCP is off.

• 07-29-2010 6:02 PM In reply to

Zwets:

Lee,

I can confirm that the BV6 does not have the kit installed (yet) and runs now at 720p. The manual for the HD upgrade kit does show that AV3 becomes available allowing use of the component (YPBR) inputs and assigment of DTV to either component or DVI.

At the moment i cannot use P-Mute because I select PC to activate the DVI input. The ATV also shows that HDCP is off.

When I am in PC mode P-Mute works on my HDMI connected BV8

I mean when my BV8 is in PC mode, not me personally :)

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 07-30-2010 9:37 AM In reply to

When I try to use P-Mute the screen of the BV6 just show the PC caption again line i have just selected PC. Might it be possible to use AV and then select PC in some way?

• 08-09-2010 10:11 AM In reply to

Just to let you know. I have solved the picture mute by loading a black jpeg file in a separate folder on iTunes. I point the screensaver selection to that folder and now after 2 minutes I get a black screen. Nice thing is that the screen still displays the file it's playing for a few seconds when the track changes.

• 12-19-2010 3:51 PM In reply to

• Vienna
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-15-2008
    • make an educated guess
    • Posts 712
    • Bronze Member

Zwets:

Might it be possible to use AV and then select PC in some way?

Assuming you are using a Beo4: ADD "A.PC" to your "LIST"

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)