in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-06-2011 7:47 AM by Jonathan. 26 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (27 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-05-2011 11:33 AM In reply to

• Stan
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 593
    • Gold Member

Re: BV8-40 - pros and cons?

Since you two seem to be talking past each other now, maybe I'll add my two cents to this (since I started this thread Smile )...

Puncher seems to think that because "visionclear" is now "just algorithms", there's no guarantee that it's any better than any other TV.

Trip is up to his old tricks... wrapping some good bits of information in his special "Trip-isms" that tends to set some folks off.

To Puncher's point, I'm not sure how the fact that it's algorithms vs. circuits makes much of a difference.  In today's digital world, it's all algorithms now.  Didn't other high end analog sets once have competing "visionclear-like" circuitry?  I seem to recall seeing ads to this effect  back before the world went digital.  Now, it's competing algorithms...  how is that so different?  Proprietary circuits vs. proprietary algorithms?  Still takes R&D to get it right, probably significant R&D.

Can we always assume that B&O is best?  Trip is biased on this point, and everybody that's spent any amount of time on this site should understand this.

I think my BV8-40 has a great picture, and most people who watch my TV agree.  In the US, most have never seen a B&O TV or know anything about one (at least in the circles I travel) so I know they're not just saying this because of "marketing", and the comments are normally unsolicited.  Maybe they've never seen a properly calibrated TV or maybe B&O's algorithms are superior?  I don't really care.

Stan

• 09-06-2011 7:47 AM In reply to

Re: BV8-40 - pros and cons?

One thing i'd like to add is this:

A good friend of mine was happy to spend a decent amount of money on a new tv, but couldn't quite extend to b&o. He bought a Leowe because the reviews rated it the best in his budget and he was very happy with the picture instore. He has it connected to a Bose surround sound processor and is happy.

EXCEPT..... Just after he bought it, I asked him if he was happy with his new purchase. I expected a very enthusiastic response. His response was that the tv is great, but to watch it without it connected to the bose system (eg when he wants to stay up late watching something without disturbing the family) he is extremely disappointed with the sound from the tvs built in speakers. I think he regrets not spending the extra dollars to buy b&o as per my recommendation!

It is my belief that b&o is the only tv that offers brilliant built in sound in its tvs, and this is a pretty big thing to consider!

My B&O: 2009 Catalogue and Pricelist

Page 2 of 2 (27 items) < Previous 1 2