in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-24-2010 7:30 AM by fishta. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-24-2010 5:20 AM

• fishta
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-12-2009
    • London
    • Posts 79
    • Bronze Member

RF Link Amplifier

Hi guys, just a quick couple of questions,

I have just got a BeoVision 7-40 MKV and have put a BeoVision 6-26 in my bedroom, before I had my 7-40  I just used Sky on the BeoVision 6 with a Digi-Eye but I am going to run ML and coax, my question is do I need to buy the specific B&O RF Link Amplifier or can I use any amp? I really dont fancy shelling out taht extra £200 or whatever it is for something like that when I have a perfectly good non B&O amp.

If I have to use one has anyone got one that they would sell me cheap!! Stick out tongue

BeoVision 7-40 MkV

• 06-24-2010 6:55 AM In reply to

Re: RF Link Amplifier

They are rather useful,the spec is different to most distribution amps,but not enough to justify the expense.I have one spare,does £25 seem reasonable?

Nick

• 06-24-2010 7:02 AM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

fishta:

Hi guys, just a quick couple of questions,

I have just got a BeoVision 7-40 MKV and have put a BeoVision 6-26 in my bedroom, before I had my 7-40  I just used Sky on the BeoVision 6 with a Digi-Eye but I am going to run ML and coax, my question is do I need to buy the specific B&O RF Link Amplifier or can I use any amp? I really dont fancy shelling out taht extra £200 or whatever it is for something like that when I have a perfectly good non B&O amp.

If I have to use one has anyone got one that they would sell me cheap!! Stick out tongue

No, you don`t. Other amplifiers should work too. But if I remember correctly I paid about 100 Euros for the Beo with four outputs and return path.

So it`s not that expensive....

Stefan

• 06-24-2010 7:30 AM In reply to

• fishta
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-12-2009
    • London
    • Posts 79
    • Bronze Member

I turns out it is cheaper than I thought so may as well do it properly and get the right thing!

Thanks for your help anyway!

BeoVision 7-40 MkV

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)