in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-08-2010 6:42 PM by jk1002. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-07-2010 1:56 AM

MOTS and latest sw update

Dear all,

I have just updated the software and tried using it for a few days. It is indeed now possible to NOT use MOTS, it can simply be disabled.

But what actually happens if you disable it is that the system will play only ONE album or ONE song and go into PAUSE mode. I.e. you have to get up and start it again. Even using the remote you can only start over on that album or song again i.e. it is not possible to skip to next song (if you have  only chosen a specific song) or next album (if you have chosen an album).

Can someone please explain to me what the idea in that is ??? I wish B&O could let its users decide what music we would like to hear.

The MOTS symbol on the BS5 is pretty cool though.....

Michael

• 06-07-2010 5:06 AM In reply to

Re: MOTS and latest sw update

I upgraded as well. Now the system has crashed. First problem was the system got stuck during play back. When I moved any of the controls it started again. Then after this happened a couple of times, the system simply died - I got the blue screen treatment. Can't get it back. Anyone else have this problem?

• 06-07-2010 10:17 AM In reply to

• stefan
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • 200 miles from Struer
    • Posts 1,733
    • Founder

I got that solved by pressing the on/off switch at the back of the BM5 - maybe also try a recovery.

Stefan

• 06-07-2010 10:54 AM In reply to

Tried the on/off switch but it didn't help. My dealer now tells me it is a motherboard problem which will need to be replaced. I think I have one of the original models.

• 06-07-2010 1:17 PM In reply to

I had to do a system recovery + update and now it works fine

nico

• 06-07-2010 2:01 PM In reply to

• Vienna
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-15-2008
    • make an educated guess
    • Posts 712
    • Bronze Member

bl5forever:

... even using the remote you can only start over on that album or song again i.e. it is not possible to skip to next song (if you have  only chosen a specific song) or next album (if you have chosen an album).

Can someone please explain to me what the idea in that is ??? I wish B&O could let its users decide what music we would like to hear.

Michael

... maybe the revenge of an offended "MOTS developer" No - thumbs down

• 06-08-2010 12:30 PM In reply to

I'd say it is behaving just like a CD player. I mean how likely is it that in an alphabetical list the next album or song is the one I want to hear?

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 06-08-2010 4:40 PM In reply to

• Vienna
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-15-2008
    • make an educated guess
    • Posts 712
    • Bronze Member

Very likely, when listening to a 2 CD Set e.g. of an Opera, a Live Concert, ... and the albums are named xxxx Disc 1, xxxx Disc 2, ...

... just the posibilities to navigate, like BeoPort based BeoLink-Systems offer, PLEASE  

• 06-08-2010 6:42 PM In reply to

Interesting,

I guess how one stores the data plays a role. I don't have the BS5 yet but would cold see that if you use the disc number field it keeps all songs from sets in the same "folder".

I do know that the the tags that looked up automatically are often all over the place when it comes to sets and even titles can and should be slightly different.

Anyhow, I have for very long the impression that when developing this, to play with the prototype they just used whatever CDs they had flying around in the office. What they should have done is, bring complete large personal collections in and see how it behaves cause this is essentially what we all are/would be doing.

That would for sure have brought up these issues. It seems that they wasted all their focus on MOTS rather then getting the basics down in the beginning.

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)