in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-01-2010 1:23 AM by Lars Nielsen. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-25-2010 1:29 PM

How to run two STBs from different regions on an Avant?

As a Dane living in the UK I've been running a Sky+ and a Digiality CI-304 (for Danish Canal Digital) on my Avant DVD and linkroom BV6 for a while without any real problems. However, as the software on the Digiality is not very good and the EPG doesn't give me a full 7 days I bought a Sagem HD PVR 101-ST from Canal Digital instead. My B&O dealer confirmed that the Sagem was on the latest North Europe STB chip for the Avant - so I thought I'd be sorted with a £90 chip swap. Unfortunately it now transpires that due to the chips being regional, there is no one chip that can control both boxes and according to my dealer, no new updates are likely to be made.

As I see it, I have the following options to get full Beo4 control of both boxes from both TVs but would appreciate any input to solutions I haven't thought of:

1) Buy a stand-alone scart interface from OneRemote.dk and hook the Sagem up to the Avant as a v.tape source. I've done that but it gives me all sorts of problems with the scart connections not sending picture (too long extension when adding the OneRemote cable to my existing long scart lead I guess) and the IR conversion seems not to be able to turn off the Sagem box, so solution not really working (yet).

2) Change my set-up and use BV6 as video master instead and have my dealer download the Sagem to my BV6 STB list. This means re-wiring all my LNB feeds to the other end of the house which is a major pain as everything is in walls/floors  - and expense - so not preferred either.

3) Find another box that uses same IR codes as the Sagem and is in the STB list that has the Sky+ on it: Does anyone know of such a thing?

4) Pick one of the existing boxes in my STB controller list and have a Lintronics box 'translate' IR codes from that box code to Sagem codes

Any ideas or thoughts on other scenarios would be welcome as I am religious about having one remote per room only!

• 05-25-2010 5:36 PM In reply to

Re: How to run two STBs from different regions on an Avant?

You could try using an HDR1 with its own built-in chip. I use an HDR1 with a different chip to the one built-in to my BV5 and it has proved a good way to add a later freeview box not on the built-in TV STB chip. As you've now changed the built-in TV chip you should just need any UK HDR1 which will have the Sky and Sky+ codes. (But I can't comment on whether this would compromise your link system in any way.)

Graham

EDIT Just realised that you have an HD Sagem PVR and assume HDR1 will only help with SD.

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure. [W C Fields]

• 06-01-2010 1:23 AM In reply to

Re: How to run two STBs from different regions on an Avant?

Problem sorted - there was an issue with a scart female/female connector which I since replaced. OneRemote now gives me both picture and Beo4 control from both TVs - and no need to update chip in AvantSmile.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)