in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-25-2007 3:36 AM by marcus_m. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-23-2007 9:23 AM

BeoLab 2500 question

Dear fellow BeoWorld techies,

Since the purchase of my BL3s a good while back, my BL2500s have been sitting upstairs in the landing collecting dust. I've finally come to the conclusion: enough's enough and I want my BL2500s to be used via one of our non-B&O TVs upstairs.

Could someone please tell me what bits and pieces I need to do this, and then where I can find all of these extras as well?

Advanced warning: my techy knowledge (especially with TVs) are pretty poor, so please do spell everything out for me basically.

Thanks so much! Smile

Henry

• 06-23-2007 1:24 PM In reply to

Re: BeoLab 2500 question

Rather depends on the TV. The 2500 accepts variable line out - that is the output expected from a preamplifier. Most outputs from other TVs tend to be either unregulated line out or amplified. There are ways around this but to be honest, MX TVs are so cheap now or even LX sets that it makes sense to get one of these for little money. They can be linked to your main set or audio system and you can control the other system. My LX6000 has Powerlink sockets as well as passive speaker outlets and has a superb picture and amazing sound. It is linked to my main system and I can use the DVD and Sky+ box from downstairs as well as my music.

You can get a lead to work the 2500s with amplified output but I would not recommend it. 

• 06-23-2007 1:29 PM In reply to

Okay thanks for your comment Peter. I'll look in to an MX, I don't think I have ever seen one.

How about if I wanted to play my BeoSound 2 via the BL2500s in my study? Is this possible, and if so, same question as before - what do I need and where do I find it?

Sorry for being annoying!

Thank you Smile

• 06-23-2007 1:39 PM In reply to

I believe this is possible but you need a special lead - jack to Powerlink - from a dealer. It will be fed from the headphone output of the BS2. I believe someone has done this with BL5s ! Rather superior to the usual iPod dock!
  • 06-23-2007 1:44 PM In reply to

With BeoLab 5s?! And I thought I ought to be shot for playing poor quality music files via a good pair of B&O loudspeakers.

I'll ask my dealer next time I'm in. Thanks Peter.

• 06-25-2007 3:36 AM In reply to

As far as I know, the BL2500 does not have the automatic on/off mechanism, so you need an external power signal to switch the speakers on.

Marcus 

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)