in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 09-22-2010 3:28 AM by scanorama99. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-03-2010 9:37 AM

Mac Mini and BV7-32

Dear All,

Sorry I know that this question has been posted already but this is still not clear for me. I want to buy a Mac Mini and conect it to my BV7-32.

- Which cable do I need to use to get the Digital 5.1 sound ?

- How about stereo sound from Mac-Mini to BV7 ?

I want to use it with Plex, any better software ?

Thanks for your reply,

Mat

• 05-05-2010 5:02 AM In reply to

Re: Mac Mini and BV7-32

Hi Mat

Depending on your 7-32 version, you need different things.

7-32 WITH HDMI: DVI to HDMI cable (for picture), a Coaxial cable for sound, A digital optical to coaxial converter, and a mini toslink to toslink cable (for sound). This will provide you with 5.1 surround, but providing 2 channel PCM (stereo) again depends on your tv version. I am not an expert on the 7-32, but all the newest 7-40 can provide both surround AND stereo through the digital sound connection. The older models could ONLY provide surround, so if you listened to stereomusic on your Mini, nothing would come out of your speakers.

I use PLEX with My mini and am VERY satisfied. Everything is controlled with my Beo5 via STB.

Maybe you could provide som detailed info on your 7-32 version, and i might be able to narrow down the solution possibilities.

/Ehlerz

BV7-40 MK IV, BL5´s, BL3´s, BL 3500, BL7-4, BS3000, BC 6-23, BV 1, BS3.

• 05-08-2010 7:51 PM In reply to

Hi Ehlerz,

THanks for helping !!!! For cable and connection  everything is done as per your recommendation. But your expected problem came => NO STEREO SOUND.

My BV7 is quite old but it was just being updated to be HD READY  and I have PCM settings (ENABLED or DISABLED) in CUSTOMER SERVICE MENU. Here is the full info about my TV:

Type 9312

Model: 18842329

Serial : 188xxxxx

AP SW : 7.91e

IOP SW : 22.0

STAD DISP SW : 1.0

STB TABLE : 5.29b

PROJ TABLE : 1.1

DSM SW : 2.5

DVD-FEB SW : 1.9

I hope that you can help me. As so far I am in big trouble ? Maybe I should also modify some settings on the mac ?

Best Regards,
    Mat 

• 09-22-2010 3:28 AM In reply to

May I break into this thread..

I have a beosystem 1 and in the manual it says it can handle both pcm, dolby digital, dts etc

"Automatic format detection (Dolby Digital, PCM)"

Is this possible all through the same digital cable from the mac mini to the system?

I see something about enabling pcm in the service menu? Do I need that?

I have no problem hearing either surround or stereo sound, its just that I need to plug out and plug in between coaxial and regular rca cables all the time.

How can I manage this (streming all sound to the digital output) with only the digital cable plugged in?

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)