in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-10-2010 4:02 AM by beoaus. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-25-2010 10:43 PM

• benjnz
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Auckland NZ
    • Posts 392
    • Gold Member

Another (hopefully quick) ML query

OK so I bought my new ML junction box and put my wires in it. Connected up the main part of the room with Avant & BS3200 on v.opt2, and a.opt0, with the BL3500 linked up in the open plan bit as l.opt4

OK now when I turn it all on the BL3500 can play av.sat etc and the Avant works, however the BS3200 refuses to work on any commands either CD or LINK CD etc. If I try LINK Radio on the BL3500 it turns on then straightaway goes to standby.

Any ideas?

• 04-26-2010 3:43 AM In reply to

Re: Another (hopefully quick) ML query

Hi, was the BS3200 the last masterlink cable you installed into the junction box? I ask as it sounds like it's turning on as intended, looking for the source, unable to find it and switching off again. Speaking from my own experience I found that the third cable often isn't pressed in enough into the junction box causing issues. Take the box apart and press the White/green, green, blue and pink cables to see if this helps.

Regards,
    Cal

• 04-26-2010 5:31 AM In reply to

Hi benjnz,

As a Gold member of the forum, you have access to the Beolab 3500 Service Manual on the site. Download this and follow the instructions to put the BL3500 into Masterlink Test mode.  This will give you a readout of the fault on the BL3500 display, allowing you to easily trace the wire causing the problem.

As Cal mentioned, it never hurts to double-check that all wires are properly punched down in the junction box (with all equipment powered off!)

Kind regards,

Steve.

Sounds Heavenly Cables are proud to be a sponsor of the BeoWorld Forum!

• 05-10-2010 3:05 AM In reply to

• benjnz
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Auckland NZ
    • Posts 392
    • Gold Member

Well it just gets more bizzare, perhaps am not drinking enough while doing it.Hmm

Set-up is in an L shaped room, with an Avant 32 DVD (attached BL2500's), a BS3200 and a BL3500 (in the L shaped bit)

Now I've done the ML readout on the BL3500 and it reads "ML OK" everytime I do a test.

So when I plug them all in together, I can only work the Avant and BL3500. Using the Beo4 remote in the main room pressing RADIO, A.TAPE or CD does nothing. On the BL3500 pressing LINK+RADIO, A.TAPE or CD, the BL3500 display changes clicks on then clicks off again and the BS3200 doesn't even light up.

When I plug in the BS3200 and BL3500 on their own, they work fine though.

I've done the PIN numbers - all correct and happy.

I've double punched the wires, even changed them all and the plug ends too - HELP!!!!!!!! Hmm

What am I doing wrong? Confused

• 05-10-2010 4:02 AM In reply to

• beoaus
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 445
    • Founder

Check options.

Turn all systems off at the wall socket for 10mins or more, disconnect ML cables then re-connect starting with the video slave, audio slave, audio master, video master in that order. test..

Assuming that the options are configured correctly and softwares update are applied if needed. You may need a ML tester to test from here, perhaps borrow one from the local B&O service centre. If the system is being turned off start with checking the shields.

BTW My ML queries are never that quick...

beoaus.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)