in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-18-2010 4:40 PM by Craig. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-16-2010 10:26 AM

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Ebay is getting worse

You just cannot believe some buyers on Ebay. Yesterday I sold an LX2500 with remote for £20. When the buyer came to collect it, I had it all set up so he could see it was working O.K. He kept on going on and on about tube life etc. Well he took the TV away and seeemd quite happy. Got home last night to find a message saying the TV has all sorts of issues. Sent back a friendly reply trying my best to help. Today I get a reply back saying he wants to keep the TV but wants a partial refund.Surprise. Worst part of all is I had just set up a new Ebay account as I wanted to get back into selling some B&O again. What I don't want is my first lot of feedback to be negative.

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 04-16-2010 10:59 AM In reply to

Re: Ebay is getting worse

Tell him to return it for a full refund if he is unhappy ... i think you may find he shuts up very quickly.

• 04-16-2010 12:36 PM In reply to

Selling £20 TV's inc remote is asking for trouble. You are in the area where nutcases and trouble makers operate.

With items of that ilk I find it safer to give 'em away on the forum or simply take them to the tip. You cannot possibly need £20 that badly to put up with the grief.

He's paid £20 including a remote and he wants a partial refund. Nuff said!

Regards Graham

• 04-16-2010 2:25 PM In reply to

I blame PayPal for encouraging these idiot buyers. Sold a Beomaster a few weeks ago in 100% working condition. It arrives with the buyer who immediately puts in a PayPal claim stating that it is not working. Despite my best efforts to get him to co-operate on starting an insurance claim against the courier, he drags his feet nicely so that the deadline by which the insurance claim can be made lapses (handy that), then PayPal rule immediately in his favour without even letting me submit the stacks of evidence that proves it was working before it left me and was well packed. What's worse is it has now come back with some cosmetic damage and is not working, leaving me out of pocket and with a broken unit. It's the first time it's happened to me and I'm not happy - currently busy telling PayPal to think again if they think they're getting any funds from me!

President, Beomaster 8000 Appreciation Society

• 04-16-2010 2:26 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

I hate to admit this, and it sounds very elitist - but whenever I put cheap/low end items on ebay i get nothing but grief too..

People see the name 'Bang & Olufsen' and think they deserve high end service and a high end product. The fact they are spending less than the price of a large Pizza, Garlic Bread and a bottle of Coca Cola on what was a top-of-the-line product 20 years ago seems to elude them.

Lee

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 04-16-2010 6:08 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Well after my rant here, I sent a not so friendly reply. Stating a few true facts. Not had  a reply back as yet. Only reason I let it go so cheap was just to get it out the way as I am moving this weekend and did not want to take this with me. Lets see what tomorrow brings. Might even go and get it back from him and give him a full refund. He is only about two miles away.

Graham you were spot on this guy was a bit of strange one to say the least. He even asked on the way out if he could go through the skip I have on my drive.LaughingLaughingLaughing

John, I read about that in another thread. Paypal strikes again. Can't remeber if it was on this site or another. Someone complained about Paypal refunding a buyer. What did Paypal do. Closed down his account and froze the money in it for 180 days.

CraigSmile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 04-16-2010 7:29 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Craig:

John, I read about that in another thread. Paypal strikes again. Can't remeber if it was on this site or another. Someone complained about Paypal refunding a buyer. What did Paypal do. Closed down his account and froze the money in it for 180 days. 

It was on here Craig & member Andy got stung by them. Sad

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 04-18-2010 4:40 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

Medogsfat:

Craig:

It was on here Craig & member Andy got stung by them. Sad

Chris.

Thanks Chris, it's terrible the way Paypal works now.Angry

CraigSmile

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)