in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-29-2010 1:03 PM by vikinger. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-26-2010 1:38 PM

Beovision Avant 28RF DVD

Hello.  I recently bought this TV as a used item from B&O.  I bought it online and have yet to see it.  It has the STB module and Dolby Digital module and remote.  Not sure what software it has.  I have no freeview box and want to get one so I can watch freeview channels - I will not be getting Sky or any other satellite/cable package.  Does anyone know the cheapest way to watch freeview on this TV?

I paid £410 - does that seem about right?

Also I have some Beolab 6000 speakers working with a Beosound 2300.  I bought that kit in Japan but works fine here with a transformer (although the FM band is different).  I assume there is some way to connect the audio stuff to the TV?

thanks

• 03-26-2010 2:11 PM In reply to

Re: Beovision Avant 28RF DVD

You need a beolink converter kit to get your BS2300 connected and linked to your Avant. They can be had rather inexpensively if bought used.

Then it's best to connect your speakers to your TV and take advantage of your DD module. 

-Andreas

BLab5, BLab5000, BLab8000, BV10, BS9000, BS3, Beo5, Beo4, BLink1000, BLink5000, BLink7000, A2, A8, Form2

• 03-27-2010 5:39 AM In reply to

It rather depends on the STB software fitted to your set. Turn on your TV by pressing TV. Then press Menu , scroll to Set up and press GO. Scroll to Connections and then you will get a list of which sockets are set to what. One should be set to STB(SAT). Highlight this and press GO and you will get a long list of STBs which can be used. Most will be obsolete as they are changed almost yearly, but the bigger manufacturers tend to use the same codes. Either find one listed or something similar. 

• 03-29-2010 10:53 AM In reply to

Thanks for the replies.  The seller (B&O) has offered to upgrade the chip to the latest one for £32 so I have asked them to do that before delivery.

cheers

• 03-29-2010 1:03 PM In reply to

devonjem:

Thanks for the replies.  The seller (B&O) has offered to upgrade the chip to the latest one for £32 so I have asked them to do that before delivery.

cheers

£32 for the chip upgrade sounds good value to me. You may still find that you need to get a used Freeview box though, because, as Peter says, the boxes are changing all the time. Peter's suggestion of looking at the main manufacturers STBs in the list and then buying the current model will often work. If you go to Lintronic.dk website you can look at the codes that particular STBs use and then check whether a current model by the same manufacturer uses the same or similar codes. Quite often the basic codes are exactly the same, but many will change, particularly the PVR boxes with extra functions.

Graham

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure. [W C Fields]

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)