in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-09-2010 4:33 PM by Veloseller1. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-09-2010 4:33 PM

BEOVISION MX 5500 (3251) Multiple Problems?

Hi,

I have a BEOVISION MX 5500 (3251) That is having multiple problems?

I juts picked up a car load of older B&O stuff from a Beophile downsizing and this was in the mix.

I live in the USA and am trying to connect the TV to an over the air Digital TV box.

I have tried to connect it through the co axial plug as well as the video plugs as if I was connecting a VCR?

No luck.

In the set up the MX5500 wants me to enter a set up # 1-12 I assume this is for what country you are in but I have not been able to look

up the correct setting? I think it may be setting 1 based off what options I get when I try that but am not sure.

On top of this I am not getting sound out of the speakers?

And the vertical height of the screen is reduced and there is a thin 2-3 mm line extending across the screen about 1/3rd down from the top of the screen? I am told this is probably something to do with the vertical control and would be easy to fix that on the bench.

But with the myriad of problems I am wondering if its even worth investigating further?

I read that they were cold soldered and sometimes have issues with the boards or certain capacitors are know to go bad?

Does any beophiles have any insight?

Thank You Very Much!

Regards

Jeff

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)