in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-03-2010 3:52 AM by mawheele. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-02-2010 4:01 PM

• Nobsi
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-11-2010
    • Posts 6
    • Silver Member

Beovision 7 - 40 MKIII Software 7.05

Hi All,

I have recently updated my beovision 7-40 MKIII to Software 7.05 (build 551)

Apart from the known fan noise problem I see a considerable deteriorationin HD picture quality. Does anybody else use this software and sees the same problem. Is there any adjustments in the (customer) service menu to improve th HD quality of previous builds?

Regards 

Filed under:
  • 02-02-2010 10:27 PM In reply to

Re: Beovision 7 - 40 MKIII Software 7.05

Nobsi:

Hi All,

I have recently updated my beovision 7-40 MKIII to Software 7.05 (build 551)

Apart from the known fan noise problem I see a considerable deteriorationin HD picture quality. Does anybody else use this software and sees the same problem. Is there any adjustments in the (customer) service menu to improve th HD quality of previous builds?

Regards 

My Beovision-7 (North American) has been upgraded from software version from 3.1 (the first version) to 7.05 since two weeks and I notice no picture degradation. On the contrary, the black levels and contrast seems to be better handled.

I have used the TV with all HD sources I have (Macbook Pro computer, PS3, set top box, Canon 5D Mark II camera connected using HDMI) and the picture is excellent. Even analogue signals (from the tuner) are somewhat better handled. 

I had some bugs with the 3.1 version (blinking red light at standby, some video resolutions not working, etc) and the 7.05 update fixed them all. The only drawback is the fan noise which is more audible and that should be fixed with the 7.11 release.

What is exactly the picture degradation you are seeing? Is the image blurry or there are artifacts? Which equipment is connected to your TV ?

A check you can do is to connect to an HD source and to go to the "Signal Information" menu item of the customer service menu to see if the resolution selected is indeed 1920X1080 pixels or 1280X720. Perhaps the handshaking between the device and the TV is not correct, and only 720X480i resolution is selected, giving an inferior picture. 

Some other members of the group have also noticed a degradation of the image quality with the European BV-7. 

Good luck,

Jean

Filed under: ,
  • 02-03-2010 2:51 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

Nobsi:

Apart from the known fan noise problem I see a considerable deteriorationin HD picture quality. Does anybody else use this software and sees the same problem.

Unfortunately I noticed this and there's another discussion on this topic, elsewhere. Quite a few people have downgraded back to v6.x and have seen an improvement in PQ again :(

• 02-03-2010 2:54 AM In reply to

• moxxey
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-14-2007
    • South West, UK
    • Posts 2,360
    • Bronze Member

jvezina:

The only drawback is the fan noise which is more audible and that should be fixed with the 7.11 release.

I love the casual nature of B&O sw updates ("oh, fan noise? We'll worry about that later"). Remember they have to send an engineer around, at £65 an hour, to run these sw updates.

• 02-03-2010 3:52 AM In reply to

I'm hoping that B&O address all their issues in 7.11. Fixing the fans, yet still having poor picture quality does not justify an external software release. Lock up the software and hardware guys in a room until they properly fix this thing. 2 years and 3 months of bugs, bugs and more bugs is as has been said many times - shocking.

The issues you may experience with 7.05 include artefacts and overall picture quality degradation. I also had link room issues controlling Sky through the remote.  It's like the B&O picture processing engine is switched off. It impacts DVD, Blu-ray and Sky from my own experience.

The problem I now have is with 6.11 there are various Blu-ray bugs I'm experiencing. Since I only use this rarely, I can wait. Coming from IT, I normally update immediately, however with B&O I would rather now wait 4-6 weeks to see what others report on the software. The trust is lost.

There is a software thread that was meant to be the one and only. Unfortunately, despite several requests, its not been pinned. Very frustrating moderation going on when many more trivial things get pinned IMO. Heres hoping!

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)