in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-02-2010 4:19 AM by tournedos. 119 replies.
Page 5 of 5 (120 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-31-2010 9:53 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

Re: iPad is here!!!!!

Jandyt:

Can you ring people up on an iPad?Confused

Surely your head's not that big!ConfusedSurpriseLaughing

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 01-31-2010 11:52 AM In reply to

Puncher:

Jandyt:

Can you ring people up on an iPad?Confused

Surely your head's not that big!ConfusedSurpriseLaughing

Depending on its heat dissipation characteristics... you may just get an iron out of it as well! Hmm

• B&o bottle opener
  • 01-31-2010 12:28 PM In reply to

>>What exactly didn't they nail?  What exactly should it have been?<<

Did you see the UI for the Ipod Application? It doesn't even have coverflow. It is reduced to a list of covers. Since it doesn't stream to an Airport Express that brings us to the remote.

Note that I am using the Ipod Touch remote today with my Apple TV. It's nice and maybe even the nighest way right now to enjoy digital music at home but that Ipad could have done so much more. The sluggishness that you have with "Remote" today will stay. 

When you hear designers talk about beosound or apple products, they usually talk user experience and that a product should be inviting. It should be fun to pick up and to use. What is fun about the Ipad apps Mr jobs demoed when it comes to Music? That was very minimalistic and less then what an Ipod touch or phone does.

The IPAD as is has in my opinion no relevance for Music or Video at home. Who sits on the couch with earplugs or crappy internal speaker when he has a Beovision Beosound Beolab setup? I sure won't.

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 01-31-2010 12:45 PM In reply to

jk1002:

>>What exactly didn't they nail?  What exactly should it have been?<<

Did you see the UI for the Ipod Application? It doesn't even have coverflow. It is reduced to a list of covers. Since it doesn't stream to an Airport Express that brings us to the remote.

Note that I am using the Ipod Touch remote today with my Apple TV. It's nice and maybe even the nighest way right now to enjoy digital music at home but that Ipad could have done so much more. The sluggishness that you have with "Remote" today will stay. 

When you hear designers talk about beosound or apple products, they usually talk user experience and that a product should be inviting. It should be fun to pick up and to use. What is fun about the Ipad apps Mr jobs demoed when it comes to Music? That was very minimalistic and less then what an Ipod touch or phone does.

The IPAD as is has in my opinion no relevance for Music or Video at home. Who sits on the couch with earplugs or crappy internal speaker when he has a Beovision Beosound Beolab setup? I sure won't.

First, the iPad is in its infancy...

Second, I don't think anyone has the intent of using this as an iPod replacement, I sure don't. An interface to your iTunes? yes.

• B&o bottle opener
  • 01-31-2010 1:21 PM In reply to

I've had an iPod Touch as a remote in the listening room for almost two years now. I have never attached a pair of earbuds to it (and I own a couple of A8s, so it's not that.)

Always used it as a remote, and to check e-mail, surf, when listening.

That's also how I would use the iPad, while also being able to mirror the desktop of my Mac mini, etc. Will be simply excellent.

• 02-01-2010 4:48 AM In reply to

Who has ordered an iPad?

I have. 

-Andreas

BLab5, BLab5000, BLab8000, BV10, BS9000, BS3, Beo5, Beo4, BLink1000, BLink5000, BLink7000, A2, A8, Form2

• 02-01-2010 4:54 AM In reply to

From where?

It´s not available yet for ordering!!!Huh?

• 02-01-2010 5:05 AM In reply to

mr_anders_son:

From where?

It´s not available yet for ordering!!!Huh?

Sorry I have "pre" ordered it from www.verkkokauppa.com.

-Andreas

BLab5, BLab5000, BLab8000, BV10, BS9000, BS3, Beo5, Beo4, BLink1000, BLink5000, BLink7000, A2, A8, Form2

• 02-01-2010 5:15 AM In reply to

wich one?

I am thinking of wi-fi + 3G 16GB or 32 GBHmm

• 02-01-2010 6:56 AM In reply to

mr_anders_son:

wich one?

I am thinking of wi-fi + 3G 16GB or 32 GBHmm

64GB WiFi. Don't think I'll have any use for 3G. Might have use for 3G when traveling, but the roaming costs are crazy.

-Andreas

• 02-01-2010 7:00 AM In reply to

ok

yeah I dont know if I need 3G. Do you think I can use my iPhone 3GS as modem??

• 02-01-2010 7:10 AM In reply to

mr_anders_son:

ok

That would be a nice feature...

-Andreas

• 02-01-2010 8:02 AM In reply to

bayerische:

64GB WiFi. Don't think I'll have any use for 3G. Might have use for 3G when traveling, but the roaming costs are crazy.

Prepaid data sim in the destination of your choice.  Problem?  Solved!

mr_anders_son:

ok

Nope.  Not yet anyway.

• 02-01-2010 11:29 AM In reply to

dilznik:

Emphasis on "might" here. Most likely not, I would never get the prepaid data sim at the destination... I'm too lazy. Laughing

99,9% of hotels has WiFi nowadays anyway... The iPad will indeed be a great traveling companion.

-Andreas

• 02-01-2010 1:11 PM In reply to

I think iPad is perfect iphone for me !

when your Black Label begin to taste like juice just take shot or two of Absinthe and after that quench with some vodka, if you still feel juice like take beer with grappa !

• 02-01-2010 1:46 PM In reply to

dilznik:

bayerische:

mr_anders_son:

ok

Nope.  Not yet anyway.

The Ipad uses micro sim cards that are not very common ... well in North America anyways.... 

• 02-01-2010 1:49 PM In reply to

bayerische:

dilznik:

Emphasis on "might" here. Most likely not, I would never get the prepaid data sim at the destination... I'm too lazy. Laughing

99,9% of hotels has WiFi nowadays anyway... The iPad will indeed be a great traveling companion.

Totally agree with your there ... I see no real reason to have the 3G in it anyways. The Ipad is not a cell phone replacement.

• 02-01-2010 1:50 PM In reply to

oops double post

Please disregard

• 02-01-2010 8:31 PM In reply to

cooldude:

The Ipad uses micro sim cards that are not very common ... well in North America anyways.... 

True but the actual important part of the sim is the same size.  If you REALLY want to use 3g with someone that doesn't have micro sim, just cut the extra plastic off the normal sim.  Personally I think the 3g will be handy for me since:

1. I commute an hour each way and I can see myself using the iPad so much I'll go blind.  I'm already going blind from iPhone overuse so maybe the bigger screen will slow the blindness Laughing

2. Australia is sort of backwards. You rarely find a free wifi network anywhere and when you do, like McDonalds, it's dog slow anyway.  And the two friends I have in this new town don't have wi-fi.  Meaning the only wi-fi I'm likely to see in the course of any given day is the one in my apartment.  So yeah, 3g would be handy.  I have a telstra 3g data service anyway.  I'll just cut the card and use it.

• 02-02-2010 4:19 AM In reply to

If you are annoyed by the iPhone OS limitations, you could of course run full OS X on a Nokia N900 Stick out tongue

(if you're not in a hurry)

-mika

Page 5 of 5 (120 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5