in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-26-2010 1:50 PM by amadigi. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-26-2010 11:17 AM

Request for help accessing audiomaster sources with BeoPort and BM-Link

Hi All

I am looking for a bit of help. I am running BM-Link with OSX Leopard and ITunes 8. I haven't upgraded yet to Snow Leopard, the latest BM-Link or iTunes9 because the current setup all fully works (I hope to upgrade soon) and until the newest version of BM-Link arrived from Anders for Snow Leopard some functionality was lost under iTunes9 (eg use of the colour buttons). This setup that I am using is 'self-consistent' has been working great for years now. 

My setup until now has not used any speakers connected to the BeoPort box itself - instead I get my sound via BeoLink Active/Passive distributors in the various rooms (including the one with the PC) (I do have an IR eye connected to it which is set to respond to Link command only so that I can access FrontRow). However, I have been planning a reorganisation of my kit generally and for the first time tried experimentally to connect some active speakers to the BeoPort box. All works fine for the 'local' sources (PC/L-PC, N-MUSIC/L-N-MUS, N-RADIO/L-N-RA), but I get nothing if I try to call up an audiomaster source such as CD or RADIO (my master is a 9000).

Can anyone tell me whether this SHOULD work and if so make a few suggestions? I am not sure whether I'm trying to do something that isn't supported by BM-Link.

One other thing - I do have the option of using the B&O BeoPort software in a windows virtual machine on my Mac and when testing this I find I can play audiomaster sources such as CD or RADIO through the PL speakers connected to the BeoPort, so this does seem to be something to do with the Mac - BM-Link setup rather than a compatibility / firmware problem in my overall setup.

Thanks in advance for any comments

Michael

• 01-26-2010 11:56 AM In reply to

Re: Request for help accessing audiomaster sources with BeoPort and BM-Link

Mine is just the same.  It is the disadvantage of the MAC based system. It does seem illogical though!

• 01-26-2010 12:51 PM In reply to

LinkPlayer, a software I developed does exactly what you want.

It is still in Beta version. You can download it from here: http://web.me.com/philrobin/LinkPlayer/Change_Log/Change_Log.html

Doc available here: http://web.me.com/philrobin/LinkPlayer/

As with any software in Beta stage, there could be some bugs that you are encouraged to report.

p.

• 01-26-2010 1:49 PM In reply to

Peter, thanks for the quick reply. It's a shame, but at least I now know that it's not just me. Many thanks, M

• 01-26-2010 1:50 PM In reply to

Philippe, thanks for your reply, in fact installing LinkPlayer is on my to-do list - it's excellent to know that it will fix the problem.

I'll post back when I've done it

Regards

Michael

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)