in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 01-19-2010 9:46 AM by Wilsonav. 25 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (26 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-13-2010 10:10 AM

Loewe and B&O: My dreadful experience

On a previous post I was asking for some advice whether to choose between a Loewe and B&O tv.

I decided to get a Loewe Art 37" with DR+ (digital recorder integrated). Worst possible choice of my life!!

It took ages to understand how to do all the connections and the setting up. The menu is difficult to follow, the manual is a nightmare and just a few hours I had the first problem. Imaging freezing and I had to switch the unit off and on again. The DR+ not working properly with jumping on recordings. I checked the signal and is very good as the engineer confirmed. Almost all digital freeview channels are of a good quality.

Then this morning it suddenly turned off by itself! I was fuming at this point and called the store pretending a collection and a full refund.

The set cost £2508 and I was given £500 for trading in my Loewe Ergo 28". I want this back to me as it is still working even if it's not digital.

I am so disappointed with Loewe and I had read so many treads about this company and how unreliable it can be sometimes be.

I didn't want to pay much attention to these but now I have to admit they were accurate.

Do not buy Loewe. There are so many Tv out there much much cheaper and far better and less complicated. Otherwise save up and get Bang & Olufsen. I just can't afford one now like the BV7. I have an MX7000 in my bedroom at least and I love it! :-)

I'm now waiting for the engineer to come and pick up this piece of junk. I want it out of my flat and my life for good!

This is my experience. How you got a similar one?

• 01-13-2010 11:18 AM In reply to

• Marc
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 11-12-2007
    • Munich, Germany
    • Posts 83
    • Bronze Member

Re: Loewe and B&O: My dreadful experience

A friend of mine had the same experience. The TV broke down after only 1 year in operation.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ 

Speakers: Beolab 5, Beolab 3, Beolab 10, Beolab 2, DeToma Subwoofer; CD Player: Beosound 9000; TV/Video: Beovision 4-65 inkl. Beosystem 3, Panasonic BlueRay Player, Technisat Digital Receiver; Home Integration: Beoport, BeoLink Wireless, Beo 4, Beo 5, Beotime, Apple TV

• 01-13-2010 11:21 AM In reply to

Sorry to hear of your experience with your tv.

why not try and get a used Bv 7 maybe,if you can't afford a new one?

I wish you luck.

Bv7-55 & Bv7-32...Blue,lab1's x4,Yes4Blue, 6000x4Blue,Beocom6000 Blue,Beo5.Oh what a Blue set-up & a Beosound 5...After all,its Bang&Olufsen!

• 01-13-2010 11:35 AM In reply to

:-(, Gutted.

Perhaps an ex-display Bvis 7-40? You should be able to get 10-20% off.

• 01-13-2010 12:05 PM In reply to

The store I bought the Loewe from is refusing to give me a full refund as it's not part of their policy. Is this true?

They said they want to keep the tv and test is for a few days and if found faulty give me another one.

I've always believed the law protects me in these cases. I should be entitled to a full refund, particularly considering the fault developed after only few hours!!

Could you please advise me of what should be my next step. Really need some help please Sad

• 01-13-2010 12:33 PM In reply to

Goods not fit for use....did you buy it on a credit card ,they maybe able to help you,as they have a duty as well.

Sale of Goods Act

Under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 traders must sell goods that are as described and of satisfactory quality.

If consumers discover that products do not meet these requirements they can reject them and ask for their money back providing they do so quickly. Alternatively, they can request a repair or replacement or claim compensation.

The Sale of Goods Act has been amended by the Sale and Supply of Goods to Consumers Regulations 2002 which transpose a European Directive. Although the impact of the Regulations is relatively modest there are some useful benefits for consumers.

Go to

http://www.berr.gov.uk/whatwedo/consumers/buying-selling/sale-supply/sale-of-good-act/page8600.html

Hope this helps you.

Let us know how you get on.

Bv7-55 & Bv7-32...Blue,lab1's x4,Yes4Blue, 6000x4Blue,Beocom6000 Blue,Beo5.Oh what a Blue set-up & a Beosound 5...After all,its Bang&Olufsen!

• 01-13-2010 12:39 PM In reply to

• Neil
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-13-2009
    • UK
    • Posts 34
    • Gold Member

Really sorry to hear of your experience. It can be really awful to buy a product and then find it does not come up to expectations.

As far as a refund is concerned, I think you are entitled to a full reimbursement if the product is not "fit for purpose", in other words faulty. I think I am right in saying that under consumer law you are entitled to a refund and not just a replacement product. Of course the retailer would have to accept that the tv is indeed faulty.

Hopefully someone else on the forum with legal knowledge will be able to advise you further.

Best wishes,

Neil.

• 01-13-2010 12:41 PM In reply to

I paid the first half with my debit card and the second half on my credit card when the tv was delivered.

I noticed the firts problems after only 3-4 hours of use while I was still doing the setting up. The engineer came twice and couldn't really find any fault. He also updated the software and then took the set away, back to the store. They said they want to test it and if it is found faulty they can replace it. Under the law I am quite sure I can ask for a full refund but they are objecting this. It's not their policy I was told and I know this is rubbish. I think they just don't want to lose the sale

• 01-13-2010 1:23 PM In reply to

Sorry to hear about your bad experience. I have a fully loaded LCD Loewe for 2 years now without any problems at all. Works like a charm.

Maybe you should give it another try. Let them fix or exchange it before you give up.

• 01-13-2010 1:40 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Make a note of the serial number before they take it away! They could simply exchange it for a working one (thus covering themselves that it is fit for purpose) and you seem adamant you want rid of it.

You are entitled to a full refund as far as I'm aware for return of the non working TV.

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 01-13-2010 3:52 PM In reply to

I had actually thought to make a note of the serial number but I forgot. Yes they could give me another unit and telling me there is no fault. I hope they are honest with it at least. I am so disappointed and I am willing to go to a lawyer as I want a full refund!

• 01-13-2010 4:09 PM In reply to

• gofer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-26-2007
    • Posts 27
    • Bronze Member

Sorry to say I had a similar experience with a Loewe Spheros HD DR+ set. The TV would regularly switch itself off and latterly took to switching itself on also!. 

The dealer had the set twice for a number of weeks but each time it was returned with a variation on the same fault. Long story short no refund, TV still faulty and Loewe Germany refused to participate in any dialogue. I eventually gave up and put the thing in my cellar out of my sight. I can honestly say this was probably the worst product and customer service experience I have ever had.

Bought a BV7 and after one hiccup which was sorted promptly by a SW update so I am happy. Of course others have had different experiences in the length of time to get their BV7 working properly, so B&O far from perfect as well.

G

• 01-13-2010 4:11 PM In reply to

couldn't agree more

my avant is STILL staggeringly amazing 7 years later !

as for loewe , i sent one back after 2 days

UTTER UTTER **** compared to bno

they copy bno's designs ( badly ) but have none of their original ideas at all

popgear is grate™

• 01-13-2010 4:54 PM In reply to

• SWISS_2
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Neuchatel, Suisse
    • Posts 552
    • Gold Member

Deja Vu.

I travelled down this legal " road " in 1984, with a store ( not B&O )  in London.

Ultimately my effort was successful, but it required time and patience. I offer some helpful suggestions:

1. Document the entire incident chronologically, starting with the salesperson, and purchase terms. Document the situation right up to the ultimate outcome.

2. Make three copies of your sales receipts, including as mentioned above the television serial numbers. Retain all original contracts and receipts.

3. The 1979 Sale of Goods Act is the ultimate law of the land, so to speak. No store or business can contravene or diminish the terms of this Act by claiming it is against store policy ( A rather flimsy excuse at best ). Sound businesses can of course meet, or exceed this Act of course, with generous terms of reimbursement, and avoid problems ( Few ever do ). You should make a point  to see this " store policy of non-refunds " and make a copy.

4. Given the time span of events you have described, you certainly meet the requirement of "quickly responding " to the problem. It happened immediately, and you contacted the store accordingly. Document these facts.

5. My understanding is that the store or seller has the " opportunity " to correct the problem with an equal replacement, or refund. It is then up to the buyer as to how to respond to this offer: Yes, No, or Legal. I chose No, and stood my ground, and I must confess I had the backing of my credit card company in this matter. A full refund did occur, in the short span of a delightful seasonal change from Spring to the Snows of Winter.

All of us at one time or another get burnt by a major product so bad, that in no way are we likely to accept another of the same ilk, however new in the box, as a replacement. Having the same experience, I appreciate this forum allowing you to share the details of this incident. Hopefully it will lead to a correction of the problem and others avoiding the same situation.

• 01-13-2010 6:20 PM In reply to

Hi there,

First things first, I am a Loewe store, However I have no interest in touting for sales, I just want to add a opinion from this side of the fence. A couple of issues sent my retail sences tingling!

1. According to previous posts you bought your ART on 7th Jan by 10.00am on 13th Jan you had had the set delivered, installed (by yourself) and a engineer call out to check signal, this time scale does not make sence as all Loewe products always take 7-10 days delivery to store, these do not add together, was this an instock problem model? or ex display model?

2. The trade in promo ended on 31st December officially....... Again this is strange as the dealer gave you trade in deal after new year, the trade in subsidy is only paid on new orders, any new orders after 1st january will not get the subsidy and the margin is not that great on loewe that they could cushion £500 off with no subsidy!

3. Why did the store not set it up and instal it, that is standard practise for most Loewe dealers now, Like Bang & Olufsen they need to be installed by a professional to make sure everything is done right, crux is you should not have been left alone!

4. with your time scales being such that your fault happened immediately and was within 30 days of purchase you should have had a no quibble (great word) swap out from Loewe for a new set from germany, Loewe are fantastic at accomodating this.

5. everything electrical has issues, even Bang & Olufsen sw for beosound 5 BV7 etc etc

If you need relevant phone numbers at Loewe head office then PM me and I can let you know, or if you need another stores input in your locality I know a few good ones so please do contact me, PM or phone me for a chat if you need a personal input!

My comments are no reflection of the dealer (no idea who they are and d to know) they are purely observations, Things just dont add up! Our experience of Loewe is very good, there are occasional issues (as with everything) but for a example, last year we sold just over 350 sets and I would say we had about 10-15 issues max! All of which have been solved by ourselves or by Loewe (who have since last year upped their service support standards to a strict level of quality assurance)...... Mind you we do fully instal all sets, reduced costings or not.

Hope that helps

WAV

• 01-13-2010 8:57 PM In reply to

Thanks Wilsonav, I've sent you an email.

• 01-14-2010 5:03 AM In reply to

• Kokomo
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-21-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 618
    • Bronze Member

Sorry to hear of your experience Bruenetto. Hope you get it sorted soon. Well done Wilsonav I think for coming on and offering some assistance.

As an aside, it amuses me how the word 'issues' has now almost universally been adopted as a term in this context when in most cases 'problems' is the most apt!

• 01-15-2010 6:34 AM In reply to

I received a call from Loewe yesterday and the lady was very nice and trying to help with my problem.

She confirmed that the set I got from the store in Edinburgh had been there for some time and was not updated to the latest software.

When I told her that the delivery had been dona but one guy only and that I was not helped with the setting up, she said this was unacceptable. I also had to help the guy twice taking down my other Loewe tv that I was trading in.

I was offered another set even more expensive for the same money I paid but I refused. Unfortunately I lost a bit of faith for Loewe and don't

want to go through the same experience again.

The last time I spoke to the store was two days ago. I was told that they wanted to test the set for faults but now I believe this is irrelevant since I now know that it wasn't updated. Do I have strong chances to get my full refund now in your opinion? The law in the UK states that if the article is not as it was meant to be, the customer can claim an exchange or full refund, provided it's within a reasonable amount of time (usually 30 days). This is regardless what the retailer says about their policy.

As I previously said I just want my money back and carry on with my Ergo 28" for the time being.

• 01-15-2010 7:51 AM In reply to

• SKApretto71
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Europe - Italy - Tuscany - Fucecchio
    • Posts 66
    • Founder

Sad to hear any bad feeling with any product :(

From my personal opinion, you should still try to get support and try a new set from Loewe with proper help and support, prior to refune any other test with them. Bad things happens, and sometime are not fault.

From the refund point of view, in my past experience I had a similar experience with my actual BV3-32 that was not working when delivered to my house, and the dealer refused all my complaints... I had to contact directly B&O to let them change approach and fulfill my requests... and they did it, so just keep trying because you are right in pretend support.

---

Raffaele "SKApretto n.71" Sgherri

I like Chrome and spread it!

• 01-15-2010 8:43 AM In reply to

• Kokomo
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-21-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 618
    • Bronze Member

I'm sure others may know more, but it is my understanding that before a refund is given, it is firstly necessary to give a company the opportunity to rectify any fault(s).

• 01-15-2010 6:32 PM In reply to

The store finally admitted that the tv was sold without the latest software update and I was given a full refund! I'm very relieved and will keep my Loewe Ergo which still works well!

• 01-15-2010 9:24 PM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

I'm so glad you got it all sorted out! There's nothing worse (in terms of buying electronics) than buying a faulty item and havin g grief from the dealer!

Now you can put that money towards a B&O screen, whether it be a BV5, BV8, BV10 or BV7 :)

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 01-16-2010 8:40 AM In reply to

Superb Brunetto, well done and sorry for the hassle you had.

Sounds like Tricia from Loewe Contacted you, she is really cool.

The previous poster is right the sale of goods act is there to protect the store as much as the customer and the store does have the right to rectify any initial problems (please note did not use issues Kokomo ;-)), However you had this one on your side because they sold you an old set when you had ordered the new one. As I said before your timescales sent alarm bells going. You could probably adapt the sale to any one of the three core sale of goods act principles.

1. Item has to be fit for purpose. - Okay maybe nothing on this one

2. Item has to be of merchantable quality. - It was an old set with old sw

3. Item has to be as described. - It was a old set and not new as was stated to you.

Software is a issue any new tech has and it is easily updated, Loewe had a sw issue 3rd quarter last year mainly due to freeview changes but this has been sorted now, A little bit of prep and care in giving the customer what they want ie order a new one, then you would probably be a happy Loewe customer.

Really sorry for your experience, it seems to be retailer based more than Loewe (who offered bigger set and accepted you not wanting it but wanting refund) or equipment (if it was ordered new it would have worked) based.

Kindest Regards

WAV

• 01-16-2010 6:27 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

WAV,

I can only offer my sincerest thanks & admiration for the professional way you have offered your help to one of our members. I think Leowe are very lucky to have dealers such as yourself who really take an interest in the brand & upholding its good name. Take a bow & welcome to BeoworldSmile

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 01-16-2010 7:35 PM In reply to

Wav, I'm really impressed by your professional way of dealing with this situation and I wish to thank you again for your kiind interest. I don't want to completely lose my faith in Loewe, as a matter of fact I think I've never lost it. I was also very impressed by the call I received from Patricia Smith. She was trying to rectify the problem in any way and I could feel she was truly concerned about the matter.

As I previously said I'm glad all this ended well and I'll wait a little longer to see what the future has in store!

Bruno Smile

Page 1 of 2 (26 items) 1 2 Next >