in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-31-2009 6:23 PM by elephant. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-31-2009 5:09 AM

BM Link & Snow Leopard: where are we?

There was a long thread when Apple launched the Snow Leopard update & people found out their BMLink no longer worked..

Has anything been undertaken yet, have B&O provided Anders, the software developper, with some kind of assistance & is everything sorted out, or should I refrain from "upgrading" to Snow Leopard?Surprise

Reunion Island is greeting you!

• 12-31-2009 5:22 AM In reply to

Re: BM Link & Snow Leopard: where are we?

Chrisreunion:
    should I refrain from "upgrading" to Snow Leopard

I recommend you take a look at Phillipe's beta test LinkPlayer 0.7

download from this page, click on "download it here"

I, and others, have been testing for two months (I got my first copy [0.3] on the 1st of November)

I suggest you examine the documentation at Phillipe's site, do a download, and try it before doing any Snow Leopard upgrade

There is a LinkPlayer thread for any general questions, although any technical problems should be reported to Phillipe via the mechanism he has provided

I am happy to help on any questions ...

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 12-31-2009 9:28 AM In reply to

this is great news, a virtual remote, it could easily change our family viewing habits Geeked

• 12-31-2009 6:23 PM In reply to

ouverture:
    a virtual remote, it could easily change our family viewing habits

Yes, LinkPlayer does have a virtual remote but apart from testing I rarely used it; this is because the Beo4 integration is so good particularly once Phillipe tweaked the "PC" command setting.

So now I press "PC" on the Beo4 and my BV8 activates displaying in full screen mode the LinkPlayer in 'Standby' mode, I then press "PC" again and the LinkPlayer display comes alive with the various options available in the lovely B&O LED font.

I typically select "N.Music" and listen to it while having the track's cover art appear in the background on the BV8.

I have also dug deep into PLEX which integrates wonderfully via LinkPlayer with the Beo4.

I have converted/captured a range of 'Movies' (includes "Hell Freezes Over", "Diana Krall Live in Paris", "Katie Melua Collection", "Andre Bocelli in Tuscany" with more to come so this is now my 'LP' source) and 'TV Shows' which we as a family now prefer to advertisements that riddle free-to-air ad Foxtel.

It does take some fiddling of filenames to get all of the various captured movies (music DVDs) and TV shows (e.g. the wonderful "Rock Follies") to work in accessing meta-data from Internet sources but I am getting there.

I have been a little disappointed the difficulty in trying to get PLEX's 'Music' option to meet my requirements - I am trying to set it up as a 'track' source for music videos download from YouTube.  

The difficult has been understanding how to layout the directories for the YouTube and downloaded videos so that they appear as albums with thumbnails and fan-art. 

PLEX does play my iTunes library but I prefer the LinkPlayer approach for 'track', 'playlist' or 'random' (MOTS) playing.

Yesterday I experimented with PLEX's support of 'Pictures' in conjunction with its 'Music' playing - I played a collection of particularly 'English' songs (e.g. "Jerusalem") to a slideshow of photographs of the countryside and villages of Cornwall - sublime audio-visual background.

My disappointment to date has been EyeTV - currently it works fine with LinkPlayer as a 'TV' source for either our DTV FreeView or the composite feed from FoxTel.  The only advantage of this (instead of using [DTV] and [V.AUX]) is that enabled my BV8-32 to access 1080 HD transmissions stepped-down to the BV8's resolutions - so this has opened up some sports broadcasts that I would otherwise miss.

I have also started scheduled recordings of shows under Eye-TV with it switching between DTV capture and Foxtel capture; so the other night we saw "Avatar" in 3D at our local IMAX, and came back to catch up with "Dr Who" :-) 

And the "commercials skipper" extension to EyeTV works a treat, so playback of my recording of the Boxing Day test match neatly jumps over the station break advertisements !

So yes, LinkPlayer's enablement of the Beo4 to a range of media sources is absolutely changing our viewing habits even during this beta-test phase. 

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)