in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-15-2010 6:28 PM by gristleman. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-16-2009 1:39 PM

• lkdubb
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-16-2009
    • Posts 1
    • Bronze Member

Beogram 2400 turntable

I just purchased a Beogram 2400 turntable at an estate sale....cosmetically, it appears to be in Excellent Condition......when I attempted to play a record I ran into a problem with the speed control.....the turntable turns way too fast whether I set it on 33 or 45.....is there a simple adjustment to correct this? It has a new belt.

• 12-16-2009 2:24 PM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

Re: Beogram 2400 turntable

Welcome to Beoworld !

Yes, there are adjustments through the bottom plate. One for each speed.
    There is also a fingerwheel at the rear facing edge of the front panel - not obvious to all owners unless
    they read the user manual.
    If the adjustments won't allow for correct speed, they are probably bad and will need replacing,
    it's quite common for these decks (and for trimmers used generally during this build period).

Martin

• 08-15-2010 4:15 PM In reply to

Hello,

My father purchased a Beogram 2400 along with a Beomaster 2400 and a set of S75 speakers back in the late 70's. I grew up listening to this stereo and was given it a while back. I had a chance to set it up finally and one of the kids must have pushed the start button too hard as it has caved in. It worked for a moment but the start and stop mechanism is messed up. There is a small transparent plastic piece that is broken inside that looks like it held the speed dial in place. Is there any hope for repairing this thing? I was heartbroken when I realized it was not a quick fix...

The receiver buzzed up a storm and then stopped but I believe one side quit working at that point...depressing! Any ideas as to how to salvage this set up would be appreciated! I am not technically inclined but would take a stab at repairing it or if there are places that still repair these things, I'd love to know...

Thanks,

Greg

• 08-15-2010 5:00 PM In reply to

• Dillen
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Copenhagen / Denmark
    • Posts 5,008
    • Founder

Greg,
    welcome to Beoworld !

There are two versions of the Beogram 2400, one has a sloping front, the other
    is vertical. Which one do you have ?
    We like photos ...  Stick out tongue

I'm in Denmark and have repaired from all over the world but depending on your location, there
    may be a tech Beoworld'er or some other repairer near you.

Martin

• 08-15-2010 6:28 PM In reply to

Thanks Martin.

My 2400 has the vertical front with the little rectangular start button on the lower left corner of the turntable. I'd send a picture but I can't at present.

The button is the broken piece...it worked for a few glorious moments and then...no more. I'm located in Milwaukee, WI...

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)