in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-18-2009 11:37 AM by plagente. 12 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-08-2009 7:49 PM

• KMA
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-13-2007
    • Posts 101
    • Silver Member

BeoVision 10 & the delivery schedule

Maybe it's a mistake, maybe it's the economic down-turn, over-demand or just plain customer over-look (hope not), but I think B&O should sharpen up with their conduct.

This is coming from a very loyal customer; a rare public opinion.

Something is off in this picture:

There was a premiere of BeoVision 10 in Finland in the beginning of November. A VIP event, with people from B&O Denmark presenting the wonderful new product. In my view, regardless of the lack of integrated sources, BV10 is the replacement for Avant.

I made my order at the premiere, for the TV the like of which I've been waiting for a few years. Delivery time was of course a question and an issue, and this is where my dealer consulted the regional manager from B&O Denmark who was present. Week 49 or 50 (this week) was quoted for delivery for orders made at that time.

Week 49 came, and there was no word on the BV10. No date, no confirmation, nothing. It took a lot of effort from my dealer to finally get the information, and yesterday B&O informed that the original schedule is not valid. The quota (?) has been sold out, and I can expect my BeoVision 10 in the mid of January.

Okay...

My gripe:

1) I made the order at the earliest possible occasion.

2) I was quoted week 49/50 for delivery for orders made at that time by the regional B&O manager (I mean to point no fingers here about the outcome).

3) I made the down-payment well before-hand, at the time of order.

4) I waited, and consequently re-decorated our living-room to accommodate the BV10, in keeping with the quoted schedule (the re-decoration was no small task).

5) After several inquires, I was told by my dealer that my BV10 will not arrive until mid-January, and that there was nothing B&O (the factory) could do to speed up the delivery, since the "quota" for this country is sold out.

Okay, it's just a television. But it's a television from a premium brand, and an early order made based on the quoted delivery schedule. A 5-week lead-time suddenly turned into a 10-week lead-time. No excuses, no explanation. Given the time of year (Christmas) and the anticipation, the disappointment is... well... somewhat amplified.

I wonder what compensation would be reasonable from B&O? 

I assume none: this is just the way it goes. Yet -- to the extent that I disagree -- would I be in line to ask B&O, in the form of feedback, at least this much:

B&O should not give their customers a schedule for a delivery, accept the customer's money, keep a customer in the dark, and eventually inform that "sorry, we can't deliver in the time we said" in any event.

B&O should, in this day and age, do what they can to keep the customer happy -- perhaps work overtime and produce their goods on schedule.

B&O should never tell a customer that "order now, and you'll have it by then" if that is something they cannot deliver.

My point of view is that the launch of the product was misleading.

Over-demand? That is good for B&O. Under-deliver? That is certainly not good for B&O. Something in their conduct warrants a closer look.

I end my rant / criticism with this:

I understand delays in launching products. If a product is not ready, it is not ready, and therefore it is not for sale.

But when a product has been launched, pre-orders (with incentive and payment) are excepted and a delivery time is quoted -- which is then not met by B&O -- that I do not understand... 

Again, it's just a television. 

But I'm a customer who has been over-promised and under-delivered. This is a matter of how B&O conducts its business. Dare I say it needs a bit of tuning?

KMA

Current setup: BeoVision 10-46 (grey speaker cover, AR, motorized stand) with Apple TV 2 (FireCore), Sony BDP-S780, Mac Mini, BeoLab 11 (silver), Beo5, BeoSound 8 (red speaker covers). Accessories: A8 Earphones, wine bottle coasters.

B&O product history, in chronological order since 1990, after the onset of the treaded BeoVirus (I tend to upgrade/change my setup "infrequently"): BeoSystem 2500 (with blue speaker covers), BeoLink 5000, BeoSystem 7000 (complete; silver/black), BeoLink 7000, RedLine 60.2, BeoVox Penta, BeoVision MX4000 (black, motorized floor stand), BeoCord VX5000 (black), BeoSystem 4500 (complete), BeoCenter 9500, BeoLab 8000, BeoLab 6000, BeoVision Avant (original, 28" AR, VHS, green), BeoCenter 2300, BeoVision 3-32 (grey speaker frame, AR, motorised cabinet), DVD1 (grey), BeoCord V8000 (grey), Beo4, BeoSound Ouverture (w/ floor cabinet stand), BeoVision Avant RF (grey, 32", AR, VHS), BeoSound 9000, BeoCenter AV5 (blue), BeoVision 1 (yellow, motorized floor stand), Beo1, BeoSound Century (yellow), BeoCenter 1 (blue, AR, motorized floor stand), BeoSound 1 (silver, floor stand), BeoVision Avant RF DVD (grey, 32", AR), BeoVision 7-32 MkI (AR, motorized floor stand), BeoLab 3 (black), BeoSound 2, BeoVision 10-40 (grey speaker cover, AR, motorized stand).

• 12-08-2009 8:51 PM In reply to

• Hirthik
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-22-2009
    • Seattle, WA
    • Posts 16
    • Bronze Member

Re: BeoVision 10 & the delivery schedule

I completely agree.. I was promised BeoCom 5 six weeks ago and now we are looking at few days before christmas.. (Hopefully)..

Clearly there is some communication problem (or setting expectation problem) within B&O organization, certainly Dealers dont have any clue.. sad.

how can they possibly sell out or reach country's allocation,when you ordered yours on Premier night..? It must be one heck of a launch :-)

From what I hear from my dealer, its nothing new for B&O.. Launch a product, but wasnt ready to deliver to customers.. Its not you expect from a premium brand.. but it happens..

when you launch a new product, its always hard to anticipate, but seems our boys are WAY OFF!!!! Ok .. i will stop by rant now..

• 12-09-2009 1:45 AM In reply to

Two slightly different issues here. I think the delayed delivery of your BV10 is very poor. I you ordered at launch, you should really have had it for Christmas. I actually ordered mine before launch but I know that a number have been delivered up here. I think you should be given accurate delivery information and kept informed at all times.

The Beocom 5 seems to have been globally delayed - even the dealers have not got these. Not sure of the reason. 

• 12-09-2009 2:40 AM In reply to

• Roger
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Norway
    • Posts 870
    • Founder

The BeoCom 5 is delayed because of several issues ("integration" and quality issues). These issues will take time to sort out (months?).

The BeoVision 10 delivery is picking up speed this week and I belive dealers are asked to check their delivery times again. Especially the Danish market took B&O by surprise as the demand was far greater than their wildest dreams. If the prognosed sales had matched those of the 8-40 then everything would have been fine, but is seems as if the 10-40 is catching on big time across Europe. My two local dealers can only get 4 units on this side of New Year's.

Roger

• 12-09-2009 8:30 AM In reply to

• KMA
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-13-2007
    • Posts 101
    • Silver Member

Thank you for your comments.

It's good to hear some information on what's happening with BeoVision 10 in the markets, and thanks for sharing my sentiments.

Just a further note to clarify my post:

I am not placing any blame or fault on my dealer in this matter; their service has always been exemplary. I hope it didn't sound otherwise.

I was in contact with B&O Denmark about the matter -- if to no other avail than just to get the message through.

KMA

Current setup: BeoVision 10-46 (grey speaker cover, AR, motorized stand) with Apple TV 2 (FireCore), Sony BDP-S780, Mac Mini, BeoLab 11 (silver), Beo5, BeoSound 8 (red speaker covers). Accessories: A8 Earphones, wine bottle coasters.

B&O product history, in chronological order since 1990, after the onset of the treaded BeoVirus (I tend to upgrade/change my setup "infrequently"): BeoSystem 2500 (with blue speaker covers), BeoLink 5000, BeoSystem 7000 (complete; silver/black), BeoLink 7000, RedLine 60.2, BeoVox Penta, BeoVision MX4000 (black, motorized floor stand), BeoCord VX5000 (black), BeoSystem 4500 (complete), BeoCenter 9500, BeoLab 8000, BeoLab 6000, BeoVision Avant (original, 28" AR, VHS, green), BeoCenter 2300, BeoVision 3-32 (grey speaker frame, AR, motorised cabinet), DVD1 (grey), BeoCord V8000 (grey), Beo4, BeoSound Ouverture (w/ floor cabinet stand), BeoVision Avant RF (grey, 32", AR, VHS), BeoSound 9000, BeoCenter AV5 (blue), BeoVision 1 (yellow, motorized floor stand), Beo1, BeoSound Century (yellow), BeoCenter 1 (blue, AR, motorized floor stand), BeoSound 1 (silver, floor stand), BeoVision Avant RF DVD (grey, 32", AR), BeoVision 7-32 MkI (AR, motorized floor stand), BeoLab 3 (black), BeoSound 2, BeoVision 10-40 (grey speaker cover, AR, motorized stand).

• 12-09-2009 9:42 AM In reply to

If you can not contact the regional manager directly, I would reach out to Beocare. People often say they have problems with them but I am sure they help if you refer to that conversation with the regional manager. I assume that your dealer already made the calls he could.

I am sorry to hear your story, that must be a huge frustration with christmas around the corner.

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 12-14-2009 1:22 PM In reply to

• KMA
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-13-2007
    • Posts 101
    • Silver Member

No development.

I did reach out to BeoCare, by email and fax, last Tuesday, with a very firm and polite complaint about the delivery schedule.

There has been no response yet. I'm kind of hoping they'd surprise me with a delivery around Christmas.

My dealer has been very nice, though, as always. 

KMA

• 12-14-2009 1:38 PM In reply to

As i wrote on other post it is not Beocare.

It is Beo(who)care(s) !!!!

Hope you solve this soon.

-Dimitris

• 12-16-2009 5:01 PM In reply to

• KMA
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 08-13-2007
    • Posts 101
    • Silver Member

I did get a response from BeoCare today, explaining that B&O are doing the best they can to meet the high demand of BeoVision 10, which is the cause for delays in delivery.

My dealer has a date of January 12, 2010, in the ordering system for the delivery, and I am orientating towards that time. It would of course be nice to be positively surprised by B&O and receive the BV10 earlier.

On the bright side, I do have room for a bigger Xmas-tree in the absence of the television :)

KMA

• 12-16-2009 6:04 PM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

Unfortunately there seems to be a recurring theme across these Fora of "what should be" and "what isn't".

Hopefully things will change quickly and for the better, although there have been no promises.

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 12-17-2009 12:23 AM In reply to

• Dude1
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-18-2007
    • London
    • Posts 189
    • Bronze Member

BeoCom 5 is having several minor issues sorted before release.  This is to do with a particular factory....Whistle  This is due to a new QC mgmt in place which has picked up on several issues that they would like to sort before release.  This comes from the top and throughout the organisation, from Kalle through to test shops.  Overall, this will improve the product.

Bang is really dealing with some issues presently, that will ensure the furture of the company is bright.  They are taking issues of quality very seriously indeed and are making drastic changes to ensure this will be par none.

• 12-18-2009 12:26 AM In reply to

I'm not surprised.

Firstly, yes, finally a good looking/reasonably performing Beo TV since a long time back. (last time Avant)

Secondly, I can imagine Beo being careful not to overstock a product in these times.

However...

There's no excuse for your promised TV not to be delivered once promised. You even made a down payment. 

I'm a bit harsh in these cases. I would go for a reduced price, or an item thrown in for good measure, or cancel the deal. 

-You lived up to your part, why shouldn't Beo and your dealer do the same?!

-Andreas

BLab5, BLab5000, BLab8000, BV10, BS9000, BS3, Beo5, Beo4, BLink1000, BLink5000, BLink7000, A2, A8, Form2

• 12-18-2009 11:37 AM In reply to

• plagente
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 11-06-2008
    • Albi (France)
    • Posts 137
    • Silver Member

A first year student in commerce & retailing knows that shipping delay is one of the most important issue to boost your sales. When a customer comes to a shop and cannot go back with his product, you take the high risk that he will not come back and will go to the competitors next door or next click...

No surprise if  B&O goes to bankruptcy : TV's pricing, delays, points of sale,  everything is doomed and seems to come from an old world. Wake up ! It's unbelievable that they did not make a stock for the first buyers.

I think that this company does not want to make business. When a potential buyer comes to your shop, today it's an honnor, it's a chance to make money. So many chops are closing !!!!! You must be able  to sell him the product immediatly or ship it in a week, it's an absolute requirement.

With B&O  Shops you take the risk for a down payment  (a lot of shops are closing...) and you wait for 10 weeks (at least).

B&O is now a nobrainer brand for me, except for speakers (and Lifestyle has some very good products with a short shipping delay).

No way.

http://p-lagente.blogspot.com/

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)