in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-20-2009 2:39 PM by Medogsfat. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-17-2009 9:04 AM

Wife hates the RL's !

Ive just finished refoaming and recovering my RL's and put them in the lounge for surround sound.

The wife hates it !! which is a very good sign Big Smile

What do you think?

Two pairs of RL 45.2 at the front.

Close up of them. I got a couple of those black glass shelf units of evilbay that are meant for putting sky boxes under a wall mounted flat screen. Perfect for making a single unit effect with the speakers. (the top speaker isn't recovered in the pic)

There are two RL60.2's at the back and a pair of X25's in the middle for surround sound. Currently all driven by an old Yamaha DSP amp, but I will seperate out the channels and amp through two Beocenter 2200's which will be on shelves under the front speakers.

AL

• 11-17-2009 9:46 AM In reply to

Re: Wife hates the RL's !

Well I've heard that many of the wives have problems with a single pair of RL's, so with three pairs you really are pushing your luck Laughing

Neat idea with the installation, but I have to admit I'd feel more comfortable with a single pair up front myself... Wink I'd probably throw the X25's out and reconsider the role of one RL pair... But if it sounds good like that, listen to them, and not me!

-mika

• 11-17-2009 10:19 AM In reply to

Nice system, can I have one of those Redlines? Stick out tongue

I drive my parents crazy with a pair of S-75's and a pair of S-60's Whistle

I have had another pair of S-75's, though, but they took too much space for my (then new) Beogram 8002...

Beocenter 9300, Beogam CD50, Beocord 5500, Beomaster 3400, Beomaster 4400, 2 Beogram 4000, Beomaster 8000, 2 beogram 8002, Beovox S-75, Beovox MS150.2, Beovox RL6000, Beovox S-35, Beomaster 6000, 2 Beocord 9000, Beocord 8004, Beocord 5000, Form 1, 2x Beolink 1000, Beo4, MX3500, LS4500. Born 1993.

• 11-17-2009 10:53 AM In reply to

Yes three pairs may be pushing it, but in for a penny in for a pound Big Smile lukily we have the space for them.

I forgot to mention there is also a Subwoofer hidden in the fireplace (not B&O). The sound from the setup is unbelievable ! I played a bit of Prodigy through it the other day. Now I think I have internal bleeding Surprise So its easy listening for a while till my organs heal Laughing

I wasn't going to use the X25's, but they do help as the room is very long, so they widen things a bit.

The one thing I learned from it is how rubbish a lot of modern dance music really is. Things that sound fine through a set of cheapish speakers sound awful through the B&O's. Not because there is anything wrong with them (Far from it) but because you can hear every mixing cockup, duff note, Mismatched sample and the poor mastering Sad

AL

• 11-17-2009 11:36 AM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

How to win wife approval for RL45's?

Easy, just install some RL140's for a week and she'll be begging for the return of the 45's.Wink

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

• 11-17-2009 12:37 PM In reply to

• scuba
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-28-2008
    • Posts 48
    • Bronze Member

My wife hates al my vintage B&O items,she claims "my" part off the livingroom looks like a 70s hifi store,she was very pleased when my  P30s came off the wall yesterday,what she dont know is that im only making room to wallmount a BC 1200 and BM 1200  and that that the P30s will be mounted on another wall to be used as rearspeakers in my surround system whit P45s as fronts,fortunatly shes on one of her expensive hairdressers apointments today ,so i know i will get away whit itWink  

Jon

• 11-17-2009 4:36 PM In reply to

Beo_AL:
    I forgot to mention there is also a Subwoofer hidden in the fireplace (not B&O). The sound from the setup is unbelievable ! I played a bit of Prodigy through it the other day. Now I think I have internal bleeding

I am surprised that falling soot was also not a problem !!

scuba:
    fortunatly shes on one of her expensive hairdressers apointments today ,so i know i will get away whit it

We baby-sat some RedLines for a friend for 3 years - I loved them, but my wife did not.

I know I should be decommissioned/expelled/excommunicated from BeoWorld for doing this, but I did read out *SHOCK* some of this post to her, and she said a hairdo would not be enough, and that as a minimum it would require an expensive weekend away before she would agree to them coming back ...

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 11-19-2009 6:04 PM In reply to

elephant:

We baby-sat some RedLines for a friend for 3 years - I loved them, but my wife did not.

I know I should be decommissioned/expelled/excommunicated from BeoWorld for doing this, but I did read out *SHOCK* some of this post to her, and she said a hairdo would not be enough, and that as a minimum it would require an expensive weekend away before she would agree to them coming back ...

LMAO...   yep...same here.

I do love the RL speakers, but the wife didn't .... had to sell them.
    Have to make do right now with a 5 x CX100's though ....not really complaining. And this year we'll be adding a pair of BL6000 or 8000's which have already been swmbo approved as part of the deal to sell the RL's ...lol 

• 11-20-2009 2:28 AM In reply to

Medogsfat:

How to win wife approval for RL45's?

Easy, just install some RL140's for a week and she'll be begging for the return of the 45's.Wink

Chris.

LaughingLaughingLaughing That ought to do the trick!

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 11-20-2009 2:39 PM In reply to

• Medogsfat
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 02-21-2007
    • *Moderator* Leeds, Yorkshire
    • Posts 4,045
    • Founder

Well it worked for me.

The wife was not happy at all about me wanting some Penta's so I stuck a pair of RL140's in the room - she soon changed her mindStick out tongue

Chris.

The use of metaphors should be avoided like the plague. They're like a red rag to a bull to me.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)