in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-01-2009 5:11 PM by bayerische. 46 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (47 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-21-2009 4:03 AM

BeoVision 10 - Exclusive Premier at Fritz Hansen Show Room

First of all I will thanx BMGHB for the tickets!!Nice to meet you. And ofcourse Claudiu for his kindness and as a friendSmile

Ok, I know this is not as good as JandyT but anyway...

....and the picture is from iPhoneSurprise

This was at the premier of BV10 at Fritz Hansen Show Room in Copenhagen

• 10-21-2009 4:12 AM In reply to

Re: BeoVision 10 - Exclusive Premier at Fritz Hansen Show Room

Interesting pics...... and shows the context......... not in a garage basement as first thought! Some of the other tv displays seem to be on large freestanding screen units/ walls. The BV10 would have looked so much better if displayed on a section of wall or long freestanding screen. Putting it onto a small display unit totally ruined its appearance.

Graham

I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure. [W C Fields]

• 10-21-2009 11:15 PM In reply to

• expoman
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • United States
    • Posts 222
    • Bronze Member

It seems they spent most of their PR money on sushi instead of a good presentation for the "Savior" product?  

• 10-22-2009 12:11 AM In reply to

• Evan
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 12-15-2008
    • Ohio | USA
    • Posts 2,601
    • Gold Member

The money could have been better distributed for more meaningful purposes for sure. I think they did a fine job though. Everyone was probably too excited to notice the small display walls for the BV10. It seems like the BV10 wasn't more focused on as it was not the sole product in the event.

Evan

• 10-22-2009 12:37 AM In reply to

• Dave
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 2,328
    • Bronze Member

Everyone there appears to be so uninspired & gosh darn depressed! Only exception being in one photo where an older woman is smiling with a couple of others

“Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of intelligent effort.”

Your health and well-being comes first and fore-most.

• 10-22-2009 2:48 AM In reply to

• Daniel
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Svinarp, Sweden
    • Posts 1,284
    • Founder

Please stop judging after some photos. If you wasn't there how can you say anything about the show?

As a former guest on a B&O world premiere in Copenhagen I know for sure you're treated as a king and it gives you a long lasting memory (in a good way). The instant feeling at the event is "I want one!".

Someone took photos (with a cell phone?) and published in a blog, and people here started loudly to accuse B&O for beeing so lost in marketing. That's the reason why B&O doesn't like amateur photos before the product is released. But when it's released they can ofcourse not stop people from taking their own photos and publish them. Im sure official photos where handed out at the event.

Some are also very fast to completely condemn a new product based on some photos. Wait until you've seen and tested it in real life.

Beovision LX5500, BeoCord V6000, BeoSound 9000, BeoLab 8000, BeoLab 3500, BeoLab 2000, BeoVox1, BeoCom 6000, Form1, LightControl 1

• 10-22-2009 3:34 AM In reply to

Daniel:

Please stop judging after some photos. If you wasn't there how can you say anything about the show?

As a former guest on a B&O world premiere in Copenhagen I know for sure you're treated as a king and it gives you a long lasting memory (in a good way). The instant feeling at the event is "I want one!".

Someone took photos (with a cell phone?) and published in a blog, and people here started loudly to accuse B&O for beeing so lost in marketing. That's the reason why B&O doesn't like amateur photos before the product is released. But when it's released they can ofcourse not stop people from taking their own photos and publish them. Im sure official photos where handed out at the event.

Some are also very fast to completely condemn a new product based on some photos. Wait until you've seen and tested it in real life.

Could´nt agree more DanielHuh?

Suprised that people that not have been there have a opinion how the atmosphere wasConfused

Everyone was very excited about BV10, and everyone was in good moodYes -  thumbs up

I know, I was thereWink

• 10-22-2009 4:55 AM In reply to

It's good to hear that this was a good launch from someone who was actually there. However, you can't get away from the fact that the BV10 might have been displayed better (maybe on a long wall with artwork alongside like the official B&O pictures).

Graham

• 10-22-2009 5:20 AM In reply to

If anyone is nearby - next week, from Monday - Friday, the BeoVision 10 will be on display (prior to being on permanent demonstration in any UK shops) at a non B&O showroom called The Venue, just of J22 of the M60, north of Manchester.

Its "preview" there forms part of a series launch events for this (mainly commercial) showroom aimed at commercial developers and architects, but anyone fairly local who wishes to see the BV10 in an informal,  non-dealer surrounding should PM me for an invitation and more details.

Regards

David

Bang & Olufsen of King Street - Manchester,UK. SKYPE - beokingstreet

• 10-22-2009 9:24 AM In reply to

• Daniel
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Svinarp, Sweden
    • Posts 1,284
    • Founder

vikinger:

It's good to hear that this was a good launch from someone who was actually there. However, you can't get away from the fact that the BV10 might have been displayed better (maybe on a long wall with artwork alongside like the official B&O pictures).

Graham

Yes, and why not with Barack Obama, the Pope, U2 and some Greenpeace activists standing next to it and praising it as a THE gift from God?

Beovision LX5500, BeoCord V6000, BeoSound 9000, BeoLab 8000, BeoLab 3500, BeoLab 2000, BeoVox1, BeoCom 6000, Form1, LightControl 1

• 10-22-2009 9:39 AM In reply to

• kallasr
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Willich, NRW, Germany
    • Posts 1,077
    • Founder

This would give B&O even some free ad time on TV!!

Stick out tongue

Ralf

My Beo: Beosound 3000, Beolab 4000, Beo 4 DVD,  Beolab 5000/Beomaster 5000, Beovox S45.2 with Stands, Beosystem 7000 black with Beolink 7000, Beolink 1000, F1000 (3 cubes), Beovox 5000, Beovox 3000, Attyca 1.

• 10-22-2009 9:48 AM In reply to

The presentation, even if there were some customers in the crowd, is aimed at journalists, bloggers. People who are going to report it to 1000s of other people.

If they don't offer a setting where the photos are going to look good, then the event will only convince the people that were physically present, and that would be a bit of a waste of money.

Even the other beovisions in that room were presented on a larger, nicer looking wall.

• 10-22-2009 10:28 AM In reply to

• Daniel
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Svinarp, Sweden
    • Posts 1,284
    • Founder

PhilLondon:

If they don't offer a setting where the photos are going to look good, then the event will only convince the people that were physically present, and that would be a bit of a waste of money.

But if they convince the present people and feed them with "art photos" they will certainly write a positive review of the show and ad an "art photo" or two.

• 10-22-2009 11:09 AM In reply to

I think the mistake was not releasing the press photos just as the show opened so that the web would have been swamped with these instead of mobile phone pictures. Makes no difference really in the long run and it did get us talking! The press photos are excellent though - I am looking forward to seeing the set in the flesh in a few days and seeing if I have made the right decision!

• 10-22-2009 11:38 AM In reply to

Daniel:

vikinger:

Graham

Yes, and why not with Barack Obama, the Pope, U2 and some Greenpeace activists standing next to it and praising it as a THE gift from God?

I think a wall with artwork might have been enough!

• 10-23-2009 4:28 AM In reply to

I saw it yesterday at my dealer - wall mounted. It's just beautiful! Stunning picture and good sound. Not like Beolab 7-1/2/4, but with 4,5 cm speakers it's OK.

/Frank

• 10-23-2009 5:18 AM In reply to

• Toubro
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Copenhagen, Denmark
    • Posts 263
    • Founder

I'm looking very much forward to seeing it in the flesh, as I have been saving my money for a used BV9. If I can get this sparkling new for half the price of a used BV9, it might be interesting, although I would like a bigger screen, and if wallhung, my BL1s would look silly standing in front of the screen.

• 10-23-2009 7:25 AM In reply to

• Kokomo
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 08-21-2007
    • Spain
    • Posts 618
    • Bronze Member

I'm sure your correct about it Daniel, but the truth is that in almost all the cases of product hospitality launch parties, the products being promoted are received enthusiastically by those attending and the events are thoroughly enjoyed. It's something to do with human nature I think.

I've attended launches for the most mundane new cars and those present have declared them to be wonderful. There is something about the collective psychi which almost compels us to react in that way.

• 10-23-2009 7:52 AM In reply to

SurpriseIck!

Jq. BS4 BL3 A8 Form2

• 10-23-2009 8:01 AM In reply to

• Toubro
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Copenhagen, Denmark
    • Posts 263
    • Founder

Does anyone know if it'll fit the VESA standard?? Judging by the picture above it could look like VESA 200x100

I also found an updated pricelist from a danish store where the BV10 is featured http://www.beoslagelse.dk/files/file/Prisliste%2015-10-09.pdf

• 10-28-2009 4:40 PM In reply to

A cheep whispered in my ear that B&O has sold around 700 units already!!

Is this much or?

• 10-28-2009 4:45 PM In reply to

I read some news to the effect that the next problem will be having nothing to sell for quite a while - the manufacturing can't keep up...

-mika

• 10-28-2009 5:08 PM In reply to

mr_anders_son:

A cheep whispered in my ear that B&O has sold around 700 units already!!

Is this much or?

Hard to say... They have around 1.500 dealers I thought?

My dealer told me that in The Netherlands, each dealer gets 4 units for sale. I do not know whether this is exactly the thruth, anyway he has sold all 4 already and was hoping he would be able to obtain additional ones before years end.

• 10-29-2009 8:44 AM In reply to

Now installed at The Venue - open to the public 8:30 - 4pm, today and tomorrow.

Form an orderley queue.....

Bang & Olufsen of King Street - Manchester,UK. SKYPE - beokingstreet

• 10-29-2009 8:53 AM In reply to

• steph
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • France
    • Posts 612
    • Bronze Member

Could you post some pics ?

Could be cool... Yes -  thumbs up