in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-19-2009 4:14 PM by elephant. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-18-2009 5:30 PM

COMPONENT VIDEO (RCA) TO SCART-RGB

Kindly advise if component video (RCA) can be connected to SCART-RGB x

thanks

mq

p.s. please compare the bv8-40 with bv-10 40 on a scale os 1-10 x I amconfused whether to buy the bv-8 40 now or waite for the launch of

much awaited bv-10

• 10-19-2009 4:14 PM In reply to

Re: COMPONENT VIDEO (RCA) TO SCART-RGB

masoodqureshi:

thanks

mq

hi mq

I have used two SCART to RCA plug cables on my B&Os in the past - both are composite.  The B&O Master Link manual however shows a SCART diagram where composite and component are part of the interface.

The wikipedia article similar shows such a diagram with the addition of S-video --> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SCART

Specifically the text in wikipedia says:

"The signals carried by SCART include both composite and RGB (with composite synchronisation) video, stereo audio input/output and digital signalling. The standard was extended at the end of the 1980s to support the new S-Video signals. In addition, a TV can be awakened from standby mode or switched to video mode through a SCART connector."

However I suspect that different equipment might be selective in its support of the three signal types. 

masoodqureshi:
    p.s. please compare the bv8-40 with bv-10 40 on a scale os 1-10 x I amconfused whether to buy the bv-8 40 now or waite for the launch of

much awaited bv-10

I would wait until the end of the week to see the photographs (we all hope), the B& specifications and press release, maybe the manual(s), and various reports, rumours and opinions.

If a dealer is pressuring you to sign for a BV8 now, I would take that as a sign that they are concerned that the BV10 is better and will take orders away from any BV8 stock.

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 10-19-2009 4:17 PM In reply to

Re: COMPONENT VIDEO (RCA) TO SCART-RGB

masoodqureshi:

thanks

mq

hi mq

I have used two SCART to RCA plug cables on my B&Os in the past - both are composite.  The B&O Master Link manual however shows a SCART diagram where composite and component are part of the interface.

The wikipedia article similar shows such a diagram with the addition of S-video --> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SCART

Specifically the text in wikipedia says:

"The signals carried by SCART include both composite and RGB (with composite synchronisation) video, stereo audio input/output and digital signalling. The standard was extended at the end of the 1980s to support the new S-Video signals. In addition, a TV can be awakened from standby mode or switched to video mode through a SCART connector."

However I suspect that different equipment might be selective in its support of the three signal types. 

masoodqureshi:

much awaited bv-10

I would wait until the end of the week to see the photographs (we all hope), the B& specifications and press release, maybe the manual(s), and various reports, rumours and opinions.

If a dealer is pressuring you to sign for a BV8 now, I would take that as a sign that they are concerned that the BV10 is better and will take orders away from any BV8 stock.

NB My first post was placed in moderator's queue; so re-posted after breaking the links in the Wikipedia snippet; apologies for may become a double post.

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)