in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-09-2009 6:55 PM by Mr10Percent. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-07-2009 1:03 PM

BS5 and Beolab 5´s

Good evening,

here is my setup: BV 7/40 Master Beosound 5 is audiomaster and connected via Masterlink to the BV7. Alle speakers are connected via Powerlink to the BV7. ( 2 times Beolab5 and 2 times Beolab 6000 rear ). The Beosound 5 is also connected via digital cabeling in to the Beloab 5´s.

And here is my question...

The Beosound 5 does not own the Lab 5´s therefore i have no control for sound adjustments on the BeoSound 5. How do i manipulate the sound. eg. more bass ?

As far as i understand this setup the Beosound delivers the audio information direct and only the volume is controlled via Powerlink.

Is it also possible to make changes to the Audio Setup in the BV7 ( bass / trebles ) and this applies also to the direct digital provided information of the Beosound 5 ?

I am puzzled ......

Who can help ? ;-)))

Cheers

André

Filed under:
  • 10-07-2009 10:53 PM In reply to

Re: BS5 and Beolab 5´s

Andre,

I have an almost identical setup to you. (only my rear speakers are different).

Your description of your setup sounds as if you have it totally correct. (or correct as in the same as mine).

When you link the BL5's into a digital system (one with a digital output), you effectively lose all tonal controls and maintain volume. This is because the signal bypasses this part of the chip and exits directly to sp/dif. The Powerlink is required to singal on/off and to govern volume through the BV7.

You can change the tonal settings on the BV7 but this does nothing to the sound output of the BS5. Only to the sound output of the BV7 Video sources.

This is the intention of the BS5 and BL5 when connected digitally. Sound output is assumed to be manufacturers optimum setting. The same (I assume) would happen if you connected a non-B&O digital device to the BL5's. i.e. no tonal control with that either.

10%

• 10-08-2009 2:17 PM In reply to

Thx for the answer.

Have you tested to modify the sound via the masterlink connection ?... and what was the result in terms of sound quality ?

The lab 5´s are new in my setup and i wonder how i can find the best setup....

cheers

André

• 10-09-2009 11:46 AM In reply to

Andre,

The system described is with the Masterlink connection. The Masterlink only provides remote control and product integration.

Thus, music signal from the BS5 is via SP/Dif direct to the Labs, Volume, controled via the Remote/BS5 is through the Masterlink to the Video Master (BV7), thru to Poerlink from the BV7 to the BL5's.

The tonal control in the BV7 has no effect on the tonal quality of the BL5's when playing music via the BS5.

10%

• 10-09-2009 12:29 PM In reply to

That was not what i asked for ;-)

If i unplug the digital connect the audio information instantly goes via the masterlink passing the audio processors of the BV7 and ending in the BL5´s via Powerlink. Therefore in this scenario you should be able to modify the sound. ...in theory

But unfortunately i have tested a little and did not really find a big difference... or my ears are not young enough anymore ;-) or it might was the too loud testing yesterday

;-))))

• 10-09-2009 6:55 PM In reply to

Andre,

You did not state the digital connection "out" bit before - just the Masterlink!

If you do that, the BL5's will not recieve an all-digital signal but will recieve an anologue signal from the BV7 via masterlink from the BM5.

If that happens, full tonal control is regained (but the sound quality is definatelty reduced) back to the BV7. This can be adjust in the menu/options/sound adjustment/...etc.. in the BV7. This should make some difference to the sound of the BL5.

10%

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)