in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-13-2007 9:32 PM by beoguy. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-08-2007 5:26 PM

Question regarding early 90's cd changer

Big Smile

Hello esteemed members!  I have just reactivated my membership.  I haven't been online for a long time (well at least since the beautiful new site has been up and running).  I just love B&O like all of you.

I have a question regarding a cd changer I just bought on E-bay USA.  It is a 6 disk changer from 1991 with what apears to be a datalink din connection.  The seller just e-mailed me and told me that he did not have the ac adapter and the cd magazines.  I was looking forward to using this with my Beocenter 9000.  Does anyone know anything about this product.  I can not find any information about it anywhere.  It looks a lot like a Sony changer.  Are the cd magazines available, do I need an ac adapter, and will my becenter 9000 be able to control it (datalink?)

Any knowledge?

Guy 

• 06-09-2007 1:58 AM In reply to

• PL212
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - Seattle
    • Posts 318
    • Bronze Member

Re: Question regarding early 90's cd changer

It was originally a Sony car changer, so it will be expecting a DC input.  Not sure exactly how the conversion from AC was done.  Ask him for a picture of the power input, it might have the specifications right nearby.  The magazines should be easy to find on ebay once you know what kind of Sony it is.  Should work just fine on the 9000 as TAPE.2.
  • 06-09-2007 2:23 PM In reply to

I am assuming that you have the same changer that I do... it is a 10 disk changer made by Sony. The B&O part of this system is a separate box that has the power supply as well as the electronics to convert the commands to datalink (and plug into your Beocenter.) If you want to use this you need this "changer control". Mine is a type 5103. There is currently a listing on ebay for a Beomaster 4500 that appears to include this control box (listing # 200117367628) without the changer itself so you may be able to pick it up from the ultimate buyer.

Hope this helps.

Ric 

• 06-09-2007 8:49 PM In reply to

Great idea Ric...I found it on Ebay, so I'll wait and see who the lucky winner is.  They might just be happy to make some money for the adaptor ...kinda soften the blow for the Beomaster!   We will see!

Guy 

• 06-13-2007 9:32 PM In reply to

Well I tried contacting the lucky winner of that auction, but E-bay will not permit the message to go through because I don't have any dealings with the buyer.  Maybe someone here knows a back door or something I don't realize.

Guy 

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)