in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-14-2009 3:30 PM by TripEnglish. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-09-2009 11:09 PM

BeoLab 3 stand "tilt"

Hey,

I've noticed in pictures and diagrams that when the 3's are mounted on the tall stand, they angle upwards very slightly. The shorter stand does not seem to do that:

The situation in my apartment is such that if I were to get them, the best solution would be for one side to be on the tall column, and the other to be on the short. Are the speaker mounts adjustable so they can both rest at the same angle?

Thanks, Leo

BV 10-40, BV 8-32, BL 9, BL 4, CX100, BS Ouverture, BS 2000, BG 4500, Passive, LC 1, A 9

• 07-10-2009 2:45 AM In reply to

Re: BeoLab 3 stand "tilt"

Hello Leo,

In short I don't think you can get the speakers on the same angle using one floorstand and one tablestand.

The Beolab 3's have 3 mounting holes, so you can adjust the speaker in 3 different positions. In the manual it's says you can only use one mounting hole if you use the tall floor stand, so it will angle up slightly. I think you can use the other two positions for the smaller table stand, rubber ring or wall bracket. In those cases you will find that the speaker will angle down.

Beoworld's twenty-eighth ninth prize winner and fifty-first second prize winner. Best £30 I've ever spent!

• 07-14-2009 11:23 AM In reply to

Oh no, that foils my plans. Sad

I just downloaded the BL 3 manual and while I could be wrong, it seems to imply that all three holes can be used by any stand except for the tall floor stand (ie. the short table stand can be mounted facing up like the floor stand). Anyone with the table stand who could confirm this?

Thanks! Leo

BV 10-40, BV 8-32, BL 9, BL 4, CX100, BS Ouverture, BS 2000, BG 4500, Passive, LC 1, A 9

• 07-14-2009 3:30 PM In reply to

Just to be clear, whatever slight tilt you're detecting doesn't exist on the actual speakers. The hole that sits the speaker upright is the same for all mounting options. 

The holes only allow the speakers to be tilted downward and are generally for mounting on wall brackets higher on the wall. If it would make sense to angle them down on other mounts it's technically possible, but there is no hole that allows them to angle up.

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)