in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 07-12-2009 6:02 PM by Dragos. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-26-2009 4:49 AM

• Dragos
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 10-29-2008
    • Leeds
    • Posts 50
    • Bronze Member

Just my luck!!

Hi, guys. This is typical: I get a super 5500 system in white last year without the turntable, spend the following 8 months looking for one, see one on ebay.de but as the seller didn't want anything less than 450EURO I'm afraid I need to let it slip, then this comes along.

Looks good, sounds good (allegedly), but the seller won't ship to the UK or answer my e-mails... Man, I guess I'll just have to keep looking for another 8 months... :(

Anyway, it's not all so bad. Thanks to you, guys, I now have all I need to undertake a Redline 45 restauration project (well, almost everything - Maplins are out of the speaker cloth I want, so I'll have to wait for that, too, for a little bit)... So, thanks again and off to do some work to get paid to buy more kit :)

• 06-26-2009 7:11 AM In reply to

Re: Just my luck!!

Maybe you can get some Danes shipping you one?

http://www.dba.dk/asp/soegning/detail.asp?annonceid=60922648

http://www.dba.dk/asp/soegning/detail.asp?annonceid=60887090

There is plenty others, amongst them full systems:

http://www.dba.dk/asp/soegning/detail.asp?annonceid=60913115

Prices are DKK, where 100 Euro = 745 DKK (appx)

• 06-26-2009 7:47 AM In reply to

• kallasr
    • Top 75 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-19-2007
    • Willich, NRW, Germany
    • Posts 1,077
    • Founder

But it is the WHITE one he is looking for...

But a good platform to look for the system.

Ralf

My Beo: Beosound 3000, Beolab 4000, Beo 4 DVD,  Beolab 5000/Beomaster 5000, Beovox S45.2 with Stands, Beosystem 7000 black with Beolink 7000, Beolink 1000, F1000 (3 cubes), Beovox 5000, Beovox 3000, Attyca 1.

• 06-26-2009 5:26 PM In reply to

• Dragos
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 10-29-2008
    • Leeds
    • Posts 50
    • Bronze Member

True, I've seen a couple of silver 5500 in ebay UK in the last couple of months. I even considered (quite seriously) getting a 3300 instead (I really like its design (I mean it looks good to me in the photos) but then figured that perhaps I should hang on a bit more for a white 5500 to appear. It did, but a bit too far for my reach ;) Anyway, I'll keep checking the suggested website, thank you!

• 07-03-2009 8:07 AM In reply to

• Dragos
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 10-29-2008
    • Leeds
    • Posts 50
    • Bronze Member

Oh, man. This is defiitely a conspiracy!!! Here is another one, but as I don't have the money (or need anything apart from the turntable), I can only watch in silence ... Grrr....

On the bright side, thanks to you, guys, I have finished restoring the ABR on one of my RL45 speakers. Even with my raher dodgy skill, it still sounds tons better than the CX100 I used to be very impressed with. If only I could come up with a way of finding room for the RLs in my small livingroom, the CX's would be heading for the kitchen pronto...

Are there any small but good passive B&O speakers  around? Chris has already told me that CX100 is preferable to CX50 (and C75 tops them all)... Was interested if there was anything else...

Cheers,
    Dragos :)

• 07-03-2009 8:37 AM In reply to

It may be worth emailing the seller. I honestly think the seller would do better selling the Beosystem and Lab 6000's separately as there can't be that many people after that combination who don't have the speakers or Beosystem already and there is no CD player with the Beosystem so £1200 may well be too ambitious.

It looks like the seller is local to me, I would be happy to box the Beogram up and store it here until you had the opportunity to collect if the seller did agree to sell it separately.

Simon

• 07-03-2009 10:13 AM In reply to

• Dragos
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 10-29-2008
    • Leeds
    • Posts 50
    • Bronze Member

This is sound advice and a super kind offer, Simon. I'll get in touch with the seller and let you know.

Thanks again,

Dragos :)

• 07-05-2009 6:08 PM In reply to

• Dragos
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 10-29-2008
    • Leeds
    • Posts 50
    • Bronze Member

Loooool :) The seller suggested I buy the lot off him and then resell individually the stuff I don't need (pretty much everything apart from the turntable), thus making a profit. Not a good solution for me, I'm afraid ... Well, I guess I'll just need to hang on for a bit longer...

• 07-06-2009 4:35 AM In reply to

So near and yet so far!

The fundamental problem seems to be that the seller has an over-inflated idea of what the system is worth. I would certainly want the CD player to be present before parting with the kind of cash he is is asking for as it would be very expensive and time-consuming to to track one down afterwards. 

Simon

• 07-06-2009 5:00 AM In reply to

May be worth watching though, perhaps the seller will list them again with a more realistic price when he sees nobody's going to bid.

Parting the lot out might not be too difficult - the BL6000's will certainly find a buyer separately, Beo4 likewise, and the Beomaster + MCP (which seems to have a broken hinge...) probably as well. So the only difficult part would be a white Beocord...

It's pretty hard to get a rare item like this and a bargain at the same time. I realized this after I had lost an auction twice when looking for a white Beogram 6500 to complete my setup. On the third time, I bid enough to get it...

-mika

• 07-12-2009 6:02 PM In reply to

• Dragos
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 10-29-2008
    • Leeds
    • Posts 50
    • Bronze Member

macsat's link was wicked! I found a white 5500 system. My only problem now is negotiating the turntable out of it and getting that to Leeds somehow ... well, life's not getting any better (especially not after running around for some MCL cable for months - man, am I that old-fashioned to want a little bit of MCL cable? well, about 30m, to be precise... ;)) This is turning slowly into a bit of a soap... ;)

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)