in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-04-2007 12:00 PM by Keith Saunders. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-03-2007 11:29 AM

• Beo
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 108
    • Bronze Member

Is Serene made by B&O or Samsung?

same as question... so is it made in Denmark or made in Korea?

and... i really wanna know if Serene is good in signal strength?

thank you all of you.
    Filed under:
  • 06-03-2007 12:41 PM In reply to

Re: Is Serene made by B&O or Samsung?

Made by Samsung

Regards Keith....

• 06-03-2007 12:48 PM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

I think most of the technology comes from Samsung, the design and user-surface is B&O.

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 06-04-2007 8:21 AM In reply to

• Greg
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • London, UK
    • Posts 109
    • Bronze Member

The design, or form factor, is by David Lewis at B&O*, but the innards are largely Samsung AFAIK. And it's made by Samsung in Korea. In fact, my first one had "Made in Korea" stencilled in big white letters on the inside of the shell!

G.

*And is at least a unique B&O design with very nice materials, unlike that nasty re-badged Samsung MP3 player I saw in another post!
  • 06-04-2007 8:40 AM In reply to

Greg:
    The design, or form factor, is by David Lewis at B&O*, but the innards are largely Samsung AFAIK. And it's made by Samsung in Korea. In fact, my first one had "Made in Korea" stencilled in big white letters on the inside of the shell!

G.

*And is at least a unique B&O design with very nice materials, unlike that nasty re-badged Samsung MP3 player I saw in another post!

I totaly agree with you! Hope that this Beosound 6 isn't for real!

/Ola
  • 06-04-2007 8:49 AM In reply to

• jonnyb
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-06-2007
    • London, UK
    • Posts 123
    • Bronze Member

I just wanted to say, unless I'm missing something, it is not confirmed that it's a re-badged Samsung MP3 player. A resemblance has been noticed, that's all
  • 06-04-2007 11:14 AM In reply to

Beo:

and... i really wanna know if Serene is good in signal strength?

thank you all of you.

I thought signal strength depended upon where you were, i.e. near to a base station or not, or in a valley or dip of land, and not so much as to the cell phone itself?

• 06-04-2007 11:37 AM In reply to

• Tom
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Luxembourg
    • Posts 3,175
    • Bronze Member

Henry:
    I thought signal strength depended upon where you were, i.e. near to a base station or not, or in a valley or dip of land, and not so much as to the cell phone itself?

I can confirm that the signal strength depends on both; nearness to a base station and your cell phone. I had 4 Siemens phones for the last 6 years, was satisfied with all of them and their abitlity to reach a base. Now I have an LG Chocolate, and as soon as I am out of town, the only thing that works on my cell phones is the clock. It really is not worth a single cent!

Edit: if there is a weak signal, a good phone can deal with it, a bad one can't.

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. - Berthold Auerbach

• 06-04-2007 11:47 AM In reply to

• Beo
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 108
    • Bronze Member

totally agree. I wonder if B&O/Samsung can do  this or not.
  • 06-04-2007 12:00 PM In reply to

The distance you are from a base station is one variable which effects signal strength, but there are many others.

Many people fail to review the spec of the phone they are about to purchase to find out how sensitive the receiver is, however in saying that its often not easy to find out that data either. If you were to take many phones of different makes and models and put them next to each other in an area of medium signal strength you will find that some would show low signal and others would be a higher signal and so on. It is very much dependent on design of the signal receiver and associated aerial in the phone. So when the question was asked "What is the sensitivity on the Serene", that in my view was a very sensible question.

Regards Keith....

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)