in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-08-2009 3:53 PM by maciglass. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-08-2009 3:18 PM

Beo5 programming - a few answers needed please

Hi there,

In need of some help please. [If this has been covered before please reply with a link cheers]

I am familiar with the basics of the B&O Beo5 config tool for programming Bang & Olufsen made equipment and standard 3 party products that B&O provide the PUC table controls for ie SKY, but I am a little confused on what to do if I want to control something that isn't in the PUC list. A number of questions.

1. Can the Beo5 control 3 party products not connected to a B&O TV by an IR cable? - Beo5 talking directly to the 3 party product via their IR receiver and not via the B&O TV and a IR cable/blaster.

2. How do you create the commands for controlling 3 party products? What is needed in terms of hardware and software?, links if possible please. I have a few ideas of what is needed but am a bit confusedConfused

3. Once you have created the commands to control a 3 party product do you save them to a certain place in the Beo5 config tool and it picks them up automatically?

Thanks for any help

Cheers

Matt

• 06-08-2009 3:32 PM In reply to

Re: Beo5 programming - a few answers needed please

Matt,

I will answer your questions in the order you have asked them:-

1. YES -- The Beo5 can control 3rd party products DIRECTLY from the Beo5 without using the Beovision in any way.
    2. The Beo5 Configuration Tool uses XML control files for everything and so an XML file must be produced for each 3rd party product and then its just a matter of drag-n-dropping it within the Beo5 Configuration Tool. To do this you can either go to the Beo5 Information and Resource pages HERE and see if an XML file has already been produced or you will need to produce one by capturing the infrared signals and converting them into the correct structure. This is not a minor task, but most of the information you will need is on the information pages.
    3. YES -- If you review the Beo5 information Pages it has all that information and if you download any of the existing XML files. they will automatically be extracted to the correct directory for the Beo5 Configuration Tool.

Regards Keith....

• 06-08-2009 3:53 PM In reply to

Re: Beo5 programming - a few answers needed please

Thanks Keith, I'll have another read through.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)