in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-01-2007 1:10 PM by wirralsimon. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-31-2007 3:18 PM

Broken Hinges on Beogram lids

I have two old Beograms that both have a broken hinge on the lids at the RHS on the back. I think this is a fairly common problem on older Beograms. Is there any glue that will successfully repair these hinges or is tracking down a new lid the only solution?

Simon 

• 05-31-2007 8:26 PM In reply to

Re: Broken Hinges on Beogram lids

I have successfully used IPS WELD-ON #16 Cement for Acrylic Sheet on a BG 4004.  I let it cure for at least a week before I put any stress on it.  It has been holding for about 2 years now. 
  • 06-01-2007 3:12 AM In reply to

If it is the earlier radial Beograms - 1902 etc - I have fixed a couple simply using superglue. The plastic does get brittle with age. There is a small piece that breaks of it the clear plastic and this does glue OK  - if you have the bit! Putting it back together really requires four hands!

The one I cannot fix is the 8000 type lid which almost seems to explode into a cloud of small fragments and is very cheap plastic - very disappointing! Luckily only one of mine did this!

• 06-01-2007 12:43 PM In reply to

• Craig
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-29-2007
    • Costa Del St Evenage
    • Posts 4,855
    • Founder

If Simon is refering to the Beogram he has just purchased from Myself then it is a Beogram 2200.

CraigBig Smile

For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen..

• 06-01-2007 1:10 PM In reply to

Thanks for the replies everyone.

I am referring to a Beogram 2200 (thanks Craig) and a Beogram 1902 which both have the same problem. I tried superglue without success on the 1902  but it might be worth another go.

The IPS WELD-ON #16 Cement for Acrylic Sheet sounds like what I need, bit I can only find US Suppliers and they are unable to supply internationally for legal reasons  ( I think because it's highly flammable). Does anyone know of an equivalent product that is available in the UK?

Simon 

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)