in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 04-12-2009 7:41 AM by Luke . 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-12-2009 6:20 AM

Advice

Hi all, I have a pleasant problem and need some advice since I can't make up my mind. I have recently sold my 7-40 MKIII and have two options as I see it :

- Buy the new 7-40 MKIV now and then switch to the new 7-55 when it is launched.

- Buy the 4-65 Plasma

What would you guys choose ??

Here is some of my questions/wonderings :

- I am a bit afraid that plasma is being replaced by LCD, LED etc. Noticed for example that Pioneer will stop making plasmas at the end of the year. What do you think ?

- Have anyone seen the 4-65 ? How is the picture compared to the 7-40 MKIII ?

- The new 7-55 will be LED. What do you think about LED ? Has anyone seen a LED-screen ? How is LED compared to plasma or LCD ?

- Is it anything else regarding these two models that I should think about ?

- What kind of plasma screen exactly is it in the 4-65 ? Noticed that the contrast ratio according to B&O is only 3000:1, but I heard from a dealer that B&O doesn't measure contrast the same way as other brands. Is this correct ?

Many questions and I am very thankful for all comments and opinions.

Best regards

Halid

• 04-12-2009 7:41 AM In reply to

• Luke
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-03-2009
    • Switzerland
    • Posts 286
    • Bronze Member

Re: Advice

If I could afford it right now I would take the 4-65 with a Beolab 10. 

Isn't plasma faster than LCD anyway ?

If you are concerned you could always wait for the BV-10. That would be something interesting.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)