in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-02-2009 5:56 PM by GuyHui . 14 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-26-2009 7:43 PM

Any Walkmans collector here ?

Hello,

I am collecting some rare vintage walkmans, principally the cassette/tape player. Sony is my brand that I mostly choose when getting a new unit.

Here is my starting collection of walkman, that I have got on eBay this month. All those units are in mint condition cosmetically speaking and fully working.

I am specialized only in the small sized ones.

1. Sony walkman :

From left to right :

- WM-702F
    - WM-702
    - WM-B603
    - WM-2091

- WM-702F. This unit comes fully boxed.

- WM-702

- WM-B603

- WM-2091

More to come Smile

Anyone down there that is sharing the same hobby ?

Cheers,

Guy

--= "Everything gets done with Patience" =-- --= "Less is More" - Mies Van der Rohe"

--= BV10 46", BL8K, BL4K, BL2, BS Ouverture, BC6000 (Mk3), BT1100, Beo4 , A8 and ...the Atomic Floyd "Airjax+Mic" earphones =--

• 03-26-2009 8:02 PM In reply to

• 9 LEE
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-14-2007
    • Moderator - UK
    • Posts 5,223
    • Founder

Re: Any Walkmans collector here ?

you just struck gold with the owners of Beocentral... Laughing

www.walkmancentral.com

The usual level of detail, honest reviews and factual information as Beocentral, but for Walkmans! Enjoy!!

Lee

(The ex-owner of a WM-DC2 throughout his late teens!)

BeoWorld - Everything Bang & Olufsen

• 03-26-2009 8:04 PM In reply to

peter!
    • B&o bottle opener
  • 03-26-2009 8:13 PM In reply to

• Jandyt
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2007
    • Clitheroe, Lancashire, UK
    • Posts 13,004
    • Founder

Yes Guy, you need to send a message to Tim Jarman.
    He is passionate about Walkmans (or is it Walkmen?), I've seen some of his collection.
    You could contact him through this link from Beocentral

Andy T.

Poor me, never win owt!

• 03-26-2009 8:53 PM In reply to

Thanks you all,

I will go to the suggested links !

It's a pleasure to know that I am not alone to collect the walkmans Smile

I often go to this website :

http://stereo2go.com and its forum regarding the walkman section.

There is an interesting website that gives you a nice description of the Sony Walkman :

- http://bbs.pcpop.com/060430/22997.html

Here is a place to share you walkmans photos : http://www.shizaudio.ru/wm/index.php

A fan's website of walkmans : http://www.geocities.jp/wm_fun/

Cheers,

Guy HUI

P.S : by the way, if you are willing to sell me some of your units, thanks to PM me.

--= "Everything gets done with Patience" =-- --= "Less is More" - Mies Van der Rohe"

--= BV10 46", BL8K, BL4K, BL2, BS Ouverture, BC6000 (Mk3), BT1100, Beo4 , A8 and ...the Atomic Floyd "Airjax+Mic" earphones =--

• 04-06-2009 2:20 PM In reply to

9 LEE:

you just struck gold with the owners of Beocentral... Laughing

www.walkmancentral.com

The usual level of detail, honest reviews and factual information as Beocentral, but for Walkmans! Enjoy!!

Lee

(The ex-owner of a WM-DC2 throughout his late teens!)

I have one of those in my top drawer Lee, I'm sure it still works, great piece of kit!

• 04-06-2009 3:04 PM In reply to

• henrik
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Stockholm, Sweden
    • Posts 299
    • Founder

Ooh, the WM-DC2! I really wanted one o those, but I went for the WM-F5 instead. I actually tried mine last summer, and it still worked fine even though it's been unused since 1992. I've still got all the packaging etc somewhere...
  • 04-08-2009 1:28 PM In reply to

• archie
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Paris
    • Posts 497
    • Bronze Member

I had so many walkman, i can't remember all ....

Many SONY but my favorite brand was AIWA.

I remember the first walkman with remote (wire) , and woman voice synthetiser when you push play, rewind or radio, it was a AIWA  for 500 euros in 1988....

I remeber a toshiba who was more little tha the tape and so many other.

I keep only one ...............THE WALKMAN !!!!

DU BEAU, DU BON, DU BO.

• 04-09-2009 6:26 AM In reply to

Whouaaa.... Rachid you have the first Sony walkman (that was launch the 1rst of July 1979), the TPS-L2 Smile

Is this unit working fine ?

And regarding to the Toshiba that is smaller than a tape, it's the Toshiba KT-AS10 :

Or the Hitachi CP-88R :

Cheers,

Guy

• 04-12-2009 9:25 AM In reply to

Hello,
    Here is my two new babies. Those ones are in mint condition, meantime the belt on the WM EX48 is broken but this unit still works fine (Play, FW, RW, autoreverse). It just needs a replacement belt.

The WM WM-RX-77 is a true gem for me, everythings works fine, the recording function, the MIC is working, the remote control, all is fine.

WM-EX48::

WM-RX77::

I am on my way to get on eBay the next ones.

Cheers,

Guy

• 05-19-2009 3:07 PM In reply to

Hello,
    Here is my two new babies. Those ones are in mint condition (Sony WM-20, in Blue color) to good condition (Toshiba KT-AS10, the Play function is over, as the FW and RW are working fine).

The Toshiba KT-AS10 is a true gem for me, the radio works fine.

Here we go :
    Toshiba KT-AS10 and the the FM Stereo cassette Tuner :

With the inserted cassette :

Sony WM-20, in blue color and mint working condition :

Some next to come.... Big Grin

Guy

• 05-26-2009 5:28 PM In reply to

How about Walkpod? It looks cool! It is retro revolution.

• 05-27-2009 8:05 AM In reply to

Hello Timmy50,

That's a cool item you have, how did you do it ? Where can we find them ?

PART1 : RETROPOD

Here is some pics of the RetroPod (http://www.retropod.com/), based a vintage Sony Sports Walkman shell:

PART 2 : Disguise your iPod as a vintage 80’s walkman (Sony WM-F20)

iPods are one of the most common devices that thieves will steal easily if given half a chance. Therefore, it’s better to have it disguised as something else. And while you might look a little odd listening to your vintage 80’s walkman, no one will ever suspect that there’s a valuable iPod inside.

This clever iPod concealer has authentic looks right down to a see-through clear plastic front. Unfortunately you can’t get one of these for your own right now. This one the owner made himself. Ever think you would see an iPod in an old Walkman? I know I never thought I’d live to see the day. He gets points for originality. Who knows, this sort of thing may just revive that old 80’s walkman style, that seemed so cool back then.

Rest assured, his iPod is safe. And twice as cool as when he started out.  (http://www.slipperybrick.com/2008/02/ipod-disguise-walkman/)

Guy

• 06-30-2009 10:50 AM In reply to

Thought you might enjoy this iPod vs. Walkman story!

• B&o bottle opener
  • 10-02-2009 5:56 PM In reply to

burantek:

Thought you might enjoy this iPod vs. Walkman story!

Woooo, I feel I'm getting old reading this article. Current young generation is getting far from mine Wink

Cheers,

Guy

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)