in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 05-10-2009 4:34 AM by elephant. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-18-2009 6:12 PM

• Andrew
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 03-16-2009
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 49
    • Bronze Member

New aussie on Beoworld

Just saying hello to everyone from Victoria in Australia.

My name is Andrew, im 27 and have been a long fan of B&O products.

I am quite interested in newer home theatre products but have always tinkered around with vintage products.

A few days ago I got my first 2 B&O products, a Beocenter 5000 and matching Beovox S55 speakers and a Beomaster 1001. Its actually quite suprising in Australia, vintage B&O products (especially turntables, radial or tangential) command quite a high resale price as do the late 70's to mid 80's Beomaster amps... people dont seem to care so much for the fully integrated Beocenters.

I am about to embark on a restoration of the Beocenter which is in pretty good condition electronically but needs some cosmetic attention, the Beovox speakers also need the bass drivers reconed and refoamed.

So far this forum has proven an excellent source of information and I'd like to thank everyone for their detailed contributions over the years, it has sure helped me out.

If there are any other B&O fans from Australia around please feel free to say hi :)

Andrew

• 03-19-2009 3:32 PM In reply to

• Luke
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-03-2009
    • Switzerland
    • Posts 286
    • Bronze Member

Re: New aussie on Beoworld

Hey mate... welcome. The people here are really nice. I'm also Aussie... from Brisbane but have lived in Switzerland for almost 2 years now. I only just started getting into B&O myself after admiring it for years through the windows of the store and online...

Anyway I'm sure you'll meet heaps of really nice people here. Of all the forums I've ever been to this lot are the most genuine (not always easy to follow the mostly British humour though) hahaha *hides*

• 03-22-2009 8:46 AM In reply to

• PentaIII
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-26-2007
    • Australia
    • Posts 83
    • Bronze Member

Welcome Andrew, it's great to find other Aussies on here!  I've also found that the older equipment is still fetching decent money...motivates me to actually fix an old beogram 8002 I have sitting in the garage.

Luke.

• 03-22-2009 6:17 PM In reply to

• Andrew
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 03-16-2009
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 49
    • Bronze Member

where abouts are you calling from Luke? :)

• 03-22-2009 11:04 PM In reply to

• PentaIII
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-26-2007
    • Australia
    • Posts 83
    • Bronze Member

Brisbane here.  So what non B&O A/V gear do you have?  I still don't have a home theatre setup due to the limitations of living in an apartment and secondly the limitations of my bank account not allowing me a pair of BL5's, 9's  and BV4 or BV9.  :(

• 03-23-2009 12:12 AM In reply to

• Andrew
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 03-16-2009
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 49
    • Bronze Member

Home theatre isnt B&O unfortunatly. I am based in Geelong in Victoria (Just moved here from Melb for a bit of a tree-change).

HT wise I use a Hitachi PD8800TA plasma for display. A Marantz 7002 HT amp, a Sony BDP-s350 blu ray player, Yamaha DVD-C700b DVD changer, Technics SL-1210mk2 turntable into a Cambridge Audio 540p pre-amp. Speakers are Yamaha NS-300 floorstanders and NS-300 center, Yamaha YST-SW1800 sub and some Klipsch RS-10 rears.

• 05-08-2009 3:08 AM In reply to

Welcome indeed

I am in Melbourne as are a few others

We even have the occaisional get-togethers that have been in restaurants and other places suitable for serious B&O discussions :)

This is the most recent that I am aware of ... http://forum.beoworld.org/forums/t/17700.aspx?PageIndex=1

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 05-09-2009 12:13 PM In reply to

• Michael
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-24-2007
    • Atlanta, USA
    • Posts 318
    • Founder

elephant:

That explains alot Elephant.   I kept trying to figure out how your signature keeps telling me what you are going to listen to this evening when I'm getting up in the morning.

-Michael

• 05-10-2009 4:34 AM In reply to

Michael:

elephant:

That explains alot Elephant.   I kept trying to figure out how your signature keeps telling me what you are going to listen to this evening when I'm getting up in the morning.

Well to make it "worse" since I communicate with Europe every day I have left this laptop's clock set at GMT !

That's why the signature block sometomes lcaims I am listening to music at 2am ... mind you I am sometimes up at 2am, but just not listening to music ... the family would lynch me !

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)