in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 03-23-2009 7:13 PM by XavierItzmann. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-04-2009 8:21 AM

Problems with N. Radio on Beosound5

Hi y'all,

Got my BS5 installed and working with BM5 as well as BV7 interface. However, I have problems with N. Radio. there are over 8000 stations but one day it decided just to stop working. First some of the stations disappeared, but now no station can play at all. My B&O dealer is coming by tomorrow to look at it, but this is the second time he has looked at it. Anybody else experiencing this?

Any help appreciated.

/john

BTW: I'm sitting on an 8MB internet connection.

• 03-04-2009 9:14 AM In reply to

Re: Problems with N. Radio on Beosound5

No Not seen that before.

Try connecting your BeoPlayer PC to the BM5. Syncronise the two by clicking and connecting the B&O icon in the sys-tray. See if they come back.

10%

• 03-08-2009 10:28 AM In reply to

Hi again,

My dealer came by with a new BM5 and installed it. Everything worked. Think I just got a "monday copy" BM5. Thanks for your help

/john

• 03-17-2009 1:01 AM In reply to

johndarcy:
     N. Radio. there are over 8000 stations

Pray tell: did you get a list of 8000 stations somewhere and uploaded it into BS5 or BM5?

Or does BS5 come with 8000 stations pre-loaded?

I ask becase I just downloaded Beoplayer 5.00 and it comes with all of 20 N.RADIO stations!  I know I can get lists elsewhere, but I thought it would be nice to get the B&O list in one single place.

• 03-17-2009 3:16 AM In reply to

Beoplayer 5.00 has all +8000 stations installed in its database as far as I understand.

However they are mainly inaccessable without connecting either a BeoPort, BeoMedia 1 or BeoSound 5.

Once these are connected, the BeoPlayer 5.00 database is updated and you can file to a playlist, delete countries/languages etc.. to suit.

BeoSound 5 seems to retain all the radio stations in its memory and only syncronises stations which have a bitrate threshold above the limit you select. It does not syncronise and delete stations to mimic all the stations you left on BeoPlayer if you have selectively deleted countries, languages, genres etc...

10%

• 03-17-2009 10:01 AM In reply to

Thank you.  I shall be plugging my copy of Windows XP, featuring Beoplayer and running inside my Macintosh laptop, into our Beoport to see what happens.

• 03-23-2009 7:13 PM In reply to

Well, here's what I found:

1.  To connect to the BeoPort, one downloads "BeoPort" software, which deletes "BeoPlayer" software.

2.  Well over one thousand stations become available on the "BeoPort" software.  It could take me years to review the stations!

But frankly, without a TV or BS5, and with just a BS3000, all of the genres, titles and countries become unmanageable.  I had two choices:

(a) sit by the computer plugged into the BeoPort

(b) Share Screen wirelessly from another Macintosh (a laptop), to see what the BeoPort software was up to.  Not an elegant solution.  

Now, if there were a "thing" such as the Beo5 that were somehow able to provide visual feedback information, I would purchase immediately.  As it is, I shall keep BM-Link, itunes, and an iPhone or iPod Touch for complex remote management for those ocassions the playlist/next/previous choices from Beo4 become insufficient.

Thanks for the input.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)