in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-22-2012 5:33 AM by pauel. 99 replies.
Page 2 of 4 (100 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-29-2010 10:57 AM In reply to

Re: Anyone for Coffee?

@Nicky... Yes, the cost of the "T-Discs" was a concern, but this device is for the quick special beverage when I want it. I was intrigued by the Tassimo's ability to do latte, caps, and espresso, as well as hot chocolate for the kids. I have a pair (maybe three???) of cheapo MC 10 potters that have never failed in 15+ years and they will remain in service for the volume brews.

@j0hn... I did indeed follow your lead and looked at what you have. Very interesting, but it seems that at my advancing age -I need a few less things to try and master! It is all about convenience for me now!

Thank you for your thoughts!

At any rate, Mrs. Claus called me yesterday afternoon for advice on my Xmas present -she knew I wanted one. After looking at Keurig (too plasticy -she claimed), she ended up buying me a Tassimo T45. After sales discounts and rebates + (1) 48 sampler pack, (1) 16 pack hot chocolate, and (1) 16 pack Earl Grey tea -she was out the door for less than $200 USD.

It took about 30 minutes for the initial setup -and then I enjoyed a coffee, the eldest had a hot chocolate, and Mrs. Claus (a non coffee drinker) enjoyed a tea -all served in under 5 minutes!

So far, very satisfied -and it is rather nice looking to boot! Big Smile

• B&o bottle opener
  • 11-29-2010 2:19 PM In reply to

keep us posted how you get on!

• 12-07-2010 3:54 AM In reply to

Guilty as charged! Laughing

Coffee geek, indeed.

At home I have this set, mainly bought for the looks of it, Bugatti Diva:

And an ascaso grinder.

-Andreas

BLab5, BLab5000, BLab8000, BV10, BS9000, BS3, Beo5, Beo4, BLink1000, BLink5000, BLink7000, A2, A8, Form2

• 12-09-2010 5:14 PM In reply to

-and I have this. Mainly bought for the looks of it. Wink

-inspired by BV 8..? Cool

• 12-12-2010 11:34 AM In reply to

Nickyg63:

Still going great. The pours are so good and strong that I have actually reduced my consumption! I think costs will be in line w/ what I already spend, so a win-win so far.

• B&o bottle opener
  • 12-12-2010 3:50 PM In reply to

burantek:

Nickyg63:

Still going great. The pours are so good and strong that I have actually reduced my consumption! I think costs will be in line w/ what I already spend, so a win-win so far.

excellent!  glad your liking it!

• 12-21-2010 11:03 AM In reply to

Sunday morning, I'm the first one to wake up, I quietly get out of bed, get down to the kitchen, start my grinder/brewer, using my favorite whole bean mix, 50 % light rost Colombia highland and 50 % dark expresso rost, while the brewer do its work I put on a Nina Simone disk on the BG 2404, the sound comes out low and relaxing, the smell of fresh ground and brewing coffee starts getting stronger, I pour me a big cup of the first brewed, Black, strong and hot, the rest of the family starts waking up to smell of this wonderful brew, sneak, one after the other down to the kitchen, pour their black magic and after the first taste says, good morning, quietly we listen to the music and enjoy our coffe.

A perfect way to start a day. Black Magic.

Here is mine

Beosound 3000, BL 4000, BL 8000, BG 2404,BG 5000, BG CD50, Beocord 5000, BM 901, BM 2400, BM 4000, BV S45, BV 3702. There is nothing we cannot do, but a lot of things we don't want to do!!

• 12-26-2010 10:16 AM In reply to

• Chris
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-09-2010
    • Last of the Summer Wine Country, Yorkshire, UK
    • Posts 195
    • Gold Member

Gaggia Classic all the way. Excellent machine, good espresso, good cappucino.

Enjoying one now! 

http://www.gaggiaclassic.co.uk/

Beosound 8, Beotalk 1100, Beocom 4, A8 Headphones, Form 2 Headphones, Apple iPhone 4S, iPod Classic, iPad 1, Sky+ HD, Sony Playstation 3, Jacob Jensen T10, Lutron Rania IR Dual Dimmer/ Accesory dimmer, B+O A9 Keyring (SOLD), Beolit 600 (SOLD), Apple Airport Express, Beo5

• 12-26-2010 4:54 PM In reply to

• Mark
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 03-23-2010
    • Iver Village, Nr Heathrow
    • Posts 11
    • Bronze Member

I have this one.

It is the 5th machine I have had and the only one I have been happy with.

Had it for 2 years now and it has done over 1900 coffees Smile

http://www.coffeeitalia.co.uk/proddetail.php?prod=a-gaggia

Gaggia Titanium.

Beovision 7 55 with BluRay, Beolab 9's, Beosound 8, Penta 3's, Overture, Beocom 2, Beo 6 Remote

• 12-27-2010 3:25 AM In reply to

Mark:

I have this one.

It is the 5th machine I have had and the only one I have been happy with.

Had it for 2 years now and it has done over 1900 coffees Smile

http://www.coffeeitalia.co.uk/proddetail.php?prod=a-gaggia

Gaggia Titanium.

I have got the gaggia titanium aswell! its a nice machine, we use very heavily aswell i think we have had it just over 6 months and have made nearly 900!

• 12-27-2010 9:43 PM In reply to

• Michael
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-20-2009
    • Glen Waverley, Victoria, Australia
    • Posts 245
    • Gold Member

I use a Nemox.  It has a built in grinder.  I like Illy or grinders. 

I also don't mind Nespresso.  I prefer Roma to Arpeggio.  I find Arpeggio too acidic. 

• 01-03-2011 7:00 AM In reply to

I love coffee but I can't have a machine as I would never sleep. I have no control when it comes to snacks and coffee.

Beosystem 7000/6500- Beolab 4000 - Beosound 1 - A8 - Earset 3 - Beo4

• 01-12-2011 3:44 PM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

burantek:

@Nicky... Yes, the cost of the "T-Discs" was a concern, but this device is for the quick special beverage when I want it. I was intrigued by the Tassimo's ability to do latte, caps, and espresso, as well as hot chocolate for the kids. I have a pair (maybe three???) of cheapo MC 10 potters that have never failed in 15+ years and they will remain in service for the volume brews.

@j0hn... I did indeed follow your lead and looked at what you have. Very interesting, but it seems that at my advancing age -I need a few less things to try and master! It is all about convenience for me now!

Thank you for your thoughts!

At any rate, Mrs. Claus called me yesterday afternoon for advice on my Xmas present -she knew I wanted one. After looking at Keurig (too plasticy -she claimed), she ended up buying me a Tassimo T45. After sales discounts and rebates + (1) 48 sampler pack, (1) 16 pack hot chocolate, and (1) 16 pack Earl Grey tea -she was out the door for less than $200 USD.

It took about 30 minutes for the initial setup -and then I enjoyed a coffee, the eldest had a hot chocolate, and Mrs. Claus (a non coffee drinker) enjoyed a tea -all served in under 5 minutes!

So far, very satisfied -and it is rather nice looking to boot! Big Smile

Bosch Tassimo for me (well Mrs. me) too. She is well pleased with it. Takes about a minute for a Latte. 8 Lattes cost about £3.70, machine was ~£84. Plenty of selection of T-discs (search for Tassimo online).

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 01-13-2011 1:52 AM In reply to

Puncher:
    for me (well Mrs. me) too

we walk around the corner ... less than a minute / 100 yards ... and our friendly barista Hillary makes us two strong lattes most mornings ... and some days FOUR strong lattes Laughing

no machine could make up for her bubbly humour 

don't know what we shall do when she goes to the UK for her Grand Tour :-(

First B&O (1976) was a Beogram 1500 ... latest (2011) change has been to couple the BL11 with the BL6Ks *sounds superb*

• 01-19-2011 2:42 PM In reply to

• SWISS_2
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Neuchatel, Suisse
    • Posts 552
    • Gold Member

RE: NEW BEOSOUND 4 or SUBTLE RETALIATORY STRIKE

The New Year's resolution came at a stiff price.

I treated the household to a new Beosound 4, a B&O wave CD stand, and a fully restored Attyca 2.  Well,  at least I thought it was a treat.

Once my wife fully recovered, I was gently informed that being 2011,  it was time to clean house starting with all the coffee machines. I could keep the Nespresso which I built a nice black granite stand for, but everything else had to go as it takes up " valuable Kitchen space ".  " Perhaps you can sell it all on EBAY or RICARDO. "

Everything ?  Well, she didn't mean her Capresso maker with the grinder, of course.

So my former Gaggia Carezza, Gaggia Grinder, and assorted parts, odds and ends began filling up a large carton.  She who must be obeyed pulled out the 4 +Kg of expresso coffee beans from Brasil out of the carton: She will use that in her morning Capresso ritual, thank you.

Two carton loads went to my sister, who dropped  New Years Day. We packed her SUV, went back inside from the falling snow, and into the living room to listen to music on the BS 4, and talk by the fire.

States my sister: " May I have another Nespresso: This is really very good ! "

My wife gives her two weeks before she buys one. And can I install a Beolab 2000 in the Kitchen ?  No verbal answer, but I think you know the look that came back.

• 01-21-2011 3:06 AM In reply to

I am a big fan of coffee myself also.  Since 3 years i am using the wonderful KRUPS Espresseria Automatica XP7240. apart from ILLY and Lavazza my favorite coffee beans are THESE . Incredible aroma and strong taste, specially the Black bag.

At my office i have a Nespresso Latissima and my preffered taste is Roma. But it can't beat my beloved Essse Cafe. Coffee

-Dimitris

• 01-21-2011 5:42 AM In reply to

• Chris
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-09-2010
    • Posts 195
    • Gold Member

I have found that the coffee that I make using my Gaggia Classic varies between actual coffee brands.

Personally I like the Lavazza Rossa is the best. Perfect crema on espresso everytime. The rest of Lavazza coffee is quite poor - I did try the Lavazza espresso blend and I couldnt get a crema on that at all!

What does anyone else use?

Beosound 8, Beotalk 1100, Beocom 4, A8 Headphones, Form 2 Headphones, Apple iPhone 4S, iPod Classic, iPad 1, Sky+ HD, Sony Playstation 3, Jacob Jensen T10, Lutron Rania IR Dual Dimmer/ Accesory dimmer, B+O A9 Keyring (SOLD), Beolit 600 (SOLD), Apple Airport Express, Beo5

• 01-21-2011 7:57 PM In reply to

• SWISS_2
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Neuchatel, Suisse
    • Posts 552
    • Gold Member

Chris;

Before Nespresso, I used to have pretty good coffee with the Lavazza Gold and the Neopolitan labels. It would just get a little acid after awhile.

Best ever for us were the Santa Clara Espresso Cafe from Ceara, Brasil. I have seen it available twice in Europe and once in North America.

• 04-21-2011 7:24 AM In reply to

• Chris
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-09-2010
    • Posts 195
    • Gold Member

Swiss_2, I will have to try one of those blends.

You might be pleased to hear my parents just bought a Jura Bean to Cup Machine Ena 9 which seems to give fantastic coffee all the time - and also Made in Switzerland!

• 04-22-2011 10:49 AM In reply to

Chris:

Swiss_2, I will have to try one of those blends.

You might be pleased to hear my parents just bought a Jura Bean to Cup Machine Ena 9 which seems to give fantastic coffee all the time - and also Made in Switzerland!

I nearly bought one of them,  I went for the gaggia instead part of me wishes i got the jura!!

• 04-22-2011 10:59 AM In reply to

• Chris
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-09-2010
    • Posts 195
    • Gold Member

Nickyg63,

Have faith, personally I think the coffee tastes much better on the Gaggia - especially as it says Made in Milano, Italy on the bottom. The Jura is just easier to use and causes less mess.

• 07-28-2011 8:10 PM In reply to

This is my machine:

The machine freshly grinds the beans for each cup, tamps and then the coffee magically arrives in the glass. It also has a built in milk steamer, so you just press a button and frothed milk comes out in to the glass!!

It's cheating, but it's a very good machine that makes a consistantly good espresso or cappucino! I love Illy beans, but they are very expensive here in Australia. Lavazza Gold is pretty good too!

Back in my university days, I worked for an old Hungarian couple in their coffee store. They taught me the importance of grinding, how to blend beans to create different flavours and how to truly make a great espresso coffee.

My specialty was what I called the 'Triple Double'. I would firmly tamp coffee in to a double group head and extract in to a glass about 5mm high. I would repeat this process twice into the same glass, effectively giving a 6 strength Ristretto!! I'd literally get the jitters after a few of those LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing

My B&O: 2009 Catalogue and Pricelist

• 07-28-2011 9:25 PM In reply to

Dont complicate this wonderful brew.

Serve like this:

Black as my soul, hot as the heart that beat against mine

Served in a mug in the morning at nine

Beosound 3000, BL 4000, BL 8000, BG 2404,BG 5000, BG CD50, Beocord 5000, BM 901, BM 2400, BM 4000, BV S45, BV 3702. There is nothing we cannot do, but a lot of things we don't want to do!!

• 08-03-2011 2:41 AM In reply to

• SWISS_2
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Neuchatel, Suisse
    • Posts 552
    • Gold Member

At nine ?

Soren that is almost siesta time in Mexico, no Amigo ?

As of May I carry a Nespresso Pixie, a few sleeves of coffee capsules, and a down-converter in my travel luggage ( Rimowa Topas ). Why ?

In April  I had a nice cup of Cuban coffee upon landing at Miami International, but two hotels later the expresso experience was best described as " swill. "Landing further in Brasil, the Hotel at GRU did not serve anything after 2200 hours.

Ordering a nice sweet Cafe Nacional there is one price, and ordering an average expresso is now more expensive than in Europe. The Pixie addition has become the solution. One can pop in a capsule, and enjoy a cup along with a pair of A-8's, and a Beosound 2 or 6 loaded with favorite tracks while travelling.

• 08-04-2011 6:44 PM In reply to

• pauel
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-14-2008
    • Hamburg, Germany
    • Posts 332
    • Gold Member

...okay.... i'm addicted too.....

My machines are:

1x JURA X7

1x FRANKE FLAIR

1x ASTORIA CKXE..... for sunday-morning-use....

(changes monthly - i'm repairing.....)

...and a SAECO Nespresso for fast office-use......

...this is my personal favourite...... the FRANKE FLAIR & milk cooler....

My BEO: ...BeoVision AV5, BeoVision 32RF VHS, BeoCenter 1, BeoSystem 7000 full/black, BeoLab 2000, BeoLab 3500, BeoLab 5000, BeoLab 6000, BeoLab 8000, 4xBeoLab Penta MK3, LC1, LC2, BeoCom 6000, BeoCom 2, BeoCom 4, Beolink 1000,4,5,5000, 7000...

Page 2 of 4 (100 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >