in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 06-03-2009 5:08 PM by Jonathan. 11 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-09-2009 10:39 AM

BeoCenter 9000 User Manual PDF corrupt

Hi all,

Does anyone have another copy of the PDF for the BeoCenter 900 as the one on the site at the moment is corrupted, or at least that what it keeps telling me.

cheers

GUY

Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill!!!

Filed under:
  • 02-09-2009 11:16 AM In reply to

Re: BeoCenter 9000 User Manual PDF corrupt

Guy,

I am sorry you are having problems downloading the Beocentre 9000 user manual, however I download it and opened it without problems.

Nevertheless, I have taken the downloaded copy and put it on another server, so try and download it again from HERE

Regards Keith....

• 02-09-2009 11:20 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

If this is the same thing then it's been a problem for a while. When trying to download large manuals (of the order of 9MB) the download would halt prematurely and claim the file was corrupt at ~ 4 - 5MB.

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 02-09-2009 2:10 PM In reply to

• kimhav
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Sweden
    • Posts 127
    • Bronze Member

It's also downloadable from the B&O home page; think that following link should do the trick for you.

• 03-18-2009 6:52 PM In reply to

hi guy

you can download them as far as i know on a danish site www.bestbyu.dk

also in english

regards

jan

• 03-19-2009 6:32 AM In reply to

There is nothing wrong with our downloads - I just tried it and it works perfecly as, by the way, do the FAQ's.

What type of computer and operating system are you using???

Regards Graham

• 03-19-2009 7:06 AM In reply to

• Puncher
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 03-27-2007
    • Nr. Durham, NE England.
    • Posts 9,588
    • Founder

joeyboygolf:

There is nothing wrong with our downloads - I just tried it and it works perfecly as, by the way, do the FAQ's.

What type of computer and operating system are you using???

There is/was an ongoing issue for some, at some times when downloading large manuals. Keith posted this comment on the 8th March in the "problems" thread at the top of the general forum -

"The Beoworld web site was running on a server which would fail once in a while, so Van arranged to move it to a new server and everything appeared much better, then a few poeple had noted that some manual downloads would fail during the download process and more recently credit card membership renewals would give some problems and were rejected.

For the few members who have had problems downloading large manuals, Peter has been providing the required manuals on a different server. So if you are a silver or gold members and cannot download a particular manual then please e-mail Peter or myself and we will put it on a different server for you to download from".

Initial investigation has pointed the problem for both issues to the way data is transferred from the server to the user or bank and is caused by an apparent timing issue in the software not seen on the old server. When the system is lightly loaded is when it is most likely to give a problem, because it appears that the server is sending the data faster than it can be received and so teh receiver gets "Data overun" and provides an error.

Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.

• 06-03-2009 1:27 AM In reply to

I'm having trouble with the user manual for the 9000, and the link in this thread didn't work for me either....

Can it be emailed to me as an attachment instead?

Thanks in advance

My B&O: 2009 Catalogue and Pricelist

• 06-03-2009 6:11 AM In reply to

• Stonk
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Marlow, Bucks, UK
    • Posts 1,688
    • Founder

Hi,

Worked for me - PM me your email address & I'll send it as an attachment.Smile

Steve

If you think nobody cares, try missing a couple of payments.

• 06-03-2009 12:41 PM In reply to

Worth trying a couple of times - I regularly have problems but after one failure, it has just downloaded for me. The problem is usually if you have a slow connection.

• 06-03-2009 3:15 PM In reply to

To clarify my previous posting back in March on the subject:-

The problem some people have from time to time with downloading manuals is NOT corrupt files.

The problem is a software problem on the Beoworld web server and we know the caused, but because there is a significate coding re-write required to fix it, it has not been scheduled.

The new server that the Beoworld web site is running on is much faster and has a fast connection to the Internet which is considerably better than the old server. That is the core of the problem because normally when you go to a site to down a file you click on a hyperlink and effectively pull the file to your PC. So effectively your PC controls the download process.

However, on the Beoworld web site does the opposite, it PUSHES blocks of 128K of the file at a time to you and if you receive them out of sequence you get the error. It can happen with ANY file, not just large files.

There is every intention of fixing the problem, but as always its a matter of available time.

Regards Keith....

• 06-03-2009 5:08 PM In reply to

Hi Steve,

I sent you a PM, thankyou so much..

Keith,

Sorry, I just added to this thread as I stumbled upon it. I just have a slow net connection methinks

Best,

Jonathan

My B&O: 2009 Catalogue and Pricelist

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)