in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-25-2010 3:36 PM by macjonny1. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-03-2009 12:58 PM

• YannChris
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Larmor-Plage, France
    • Posts 276
    • Founder

Ipod: Audio or Video source?

Hello and happy new year to all Beoworlders Smile

I've been offered an Ipod touch for Xmas, for the time being it's connected on the Aux input of my BC2.

Thanks to Beoworld, a XML file enabled my Beo5 to control it.

Another solution would be to connect the Ipod to my BV9, so it would be controlled through the PUC.

I wonder if the Ipod sends video to the TV when it plays music. I would appreciate to see the CD covers on the screen of the TV.

Can anyone tell me if it works this way?

Thanks,

Yann.

Ne pas s'en faire et boire frais!

Mon install en images: cliquez sur mon profil, au dessus de mon avatar - Puis "My files" tout en bas.

Pictures of my setup: click on my nickname, above my avatar. Then "my files" at the bottom of the page.

• 01-03-2009 1:05 PM In reply to

Re: Ipod: Audio or Video source?

Not natively. There are 3rd party docks that will give a GUI onscreen, but even then it's not as elegant as coverflow or anything like that. These docks are also, usually, very expensive compared to the iPod.

There is scarcely anything in this world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey. - John Ruskin

• 11-04-2009 2:41 PM In reply to

What about the composite AV cable for iPod? Would not this work on the AV3 of my BV8?

I have a apple dock and would buy this cable, but want to be sure it works and brings video content (youTube, Films stored on iPod, ...) onto BV8.

BeoVision 8-40 / BeoVision 8-32 / Beovision 6-26 / BeoSound 3200 / BeoSound 1 / BeoLab 3 /  Beolab 6000 / Beolab 2000 / Beoport / Beomedia 1 / 3* Beo4 /BeoCom 5 with VOIP

• 11-04-2009 4:00 PM In reply to

• ridax
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Posts 44
    • Bronze Member

It brings video out from youtube, stored movies and pictures, but I don't think coverflow and user interface is sent out.  Instead of the video cable (which is expensive and only useful for video out) I think the old universal dock (the one with round IR window) is a much nicer solution.  It also enables video out (composite or sVideo) but also allows simultaneous connection of the charger or syncing cable.  Also the iPod/iPhone is more easily docked into this solution.

But I think only the old dock will enable video out so I bought a couple of those (well, actually quite many) to have in store in case I needed them (and to modify them).

• 02-25-2010 1:10 PM In reply to

there is a good overview here about the differences between the 2007 Dock and the earlier one with the round IR window

• 02-25-2010 1:52 PM In reply to

save your money and put it toward a mac mini, then you will have complete control and HD video coming to your TV, plus all of the other amazing things you can do with it!

• 02-25-2010 3:15 PM In reply to

if you don't have an iPod Touch or iPod yet, then I would agree with you, but we are really talking about people who already have iPod's Jonny  :-)

• 02-25-2010 3:36 PM In reply to

ouverture:

if you don't have an iPod Touch or iPod yet, then I would agree with you, but we are really talking about people who already have iPod's Jonny  :-)

Big Smile yes I do know that....I was just thinking of someone spending lots of $$$$$ on a special ipod dock to get something that isn't even close to what a mac mini could do!

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)