in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 12-21-2008 3:42 PM by Mico. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-20-2008 11:24 PM

BV 7 (mk III) & Apple mini

Dear All:

How do I connect an Apple mini to the BV 7?  I would like to be able to stream Netflix directly to the tele.  Netflix recently released the software that plays nicely with Apple computers.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Dario 

When I hear music, I fear no danger. I see no foe... Thoreau
  • 12-21-2008 8:07 AM In reply to

• LarsJensen
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 04-25-2007
    • Copenhagen, Denmark
    • Posts 65
    • Bronze Member

Re: BV 7 (mk III) & Apple mini

I take it your Apple mini has a DVI output? You will get the best result if you get a DVI -> HDMI cable and connect the mini to any of the HDMI sockets on the back.

/Lars

• 12-21-2008 3:42 PM In reply to

• Mico
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-06-2007
    • Finland
    • Posts 136
    • Founder

Re: BV 7 (mk III) & Apple mini

LarsJensen:

I take it your Apple mini has a DVI output? You will get the best result if you get a DVI -> HDMI cable and connect the mini to any of the HDMI sockets on the back.

/Lars

And to get digital audio have an optical cable from the mini (headphones socket) to an optical/coaxial converter and then coaxial cable to the TV to one of the available connections.In the Connections Menu You may assign the mini with any available device type (ie DVD, V.MEM, PC etc).

Add also an IR cable to the respective input in the TV and define that input as Apple Remote from PUC (if available in your configuration, might need an update/dealer support). Personally I am using the mini as my primary DVD unit. That is why it is assigned as DVD in the Connections Menu of the BS3. This way you can use Apple remote functions and Frontrow.

This is the way I have connected a mini to my BS3.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)