in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 08-21-2009 7:19 AM by PhilLondon. 14 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-22-2008 7:10 AM

• chr_elling
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 11-18-2008
    • Denmark, Gentofte
    • Posts 51
    • Bronze Member

Hmm [^o)] Use of powerlink plug in my 1611 converter?

HmmI have connected my Beosystem 2300 with a Beolab 2000 via datalink cable from Beosystem 2300 to 1611 Converter and plugged it in the Aux - plug. I have connected the Beolab 2000 with the converter with a masterlink cable.

However, in the converter - next to the "Aux" plug to which I have connected my Beosystem 2300 there is a "vacant" powerlink access. What can I use the plug for? I also have a MX7000 next to my Beosystem 2300 and a MX4000 next to my Beolab2000.

Can somebody explain me what the puprose of the powerlink "plug" is? And maybe some inspiration as to how I can get benefit of it. I have the following equipment: Beosystem2300, Beosound1, Beolab2000 (old version), MX7000, MX4000, 2 LC2's, Beo4's, Beolink7000, Beolink1000 - can any of these units get connected to the vacant powerlink plug in my 1611 converter?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Best regards

Christian

B&O old school link nerd

• 11-22-2008 11:43 AM In reply to

Re: Use of powerlink plug in my 1611 converter?

I believe that the PL socket is an output which will run active speakers. I have never used it so someone needs to confirm this.

Regards Graham

• 11-22-2008 12:14 PM In reply to

If your Video master TV was a Materlink TV and if all the speakers in the main room were connected to the TV, then you would need to connect the Powerlink cable of the Beosound to the Beolink converter.

In this way, if you start the CD on the Beosound, with local controls, then the TV would automatically activate in AV mode and would send the CD sound to the speakers.

If you change the volume on the Beosound with local control as well, it would tell the TV to change the sound.

I have a setup like this were it is needed, but I think in your case it would not be needed.

p. 

• 11-22-2008 12:35 PM In reply to

• chr_elling
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 11-18-2008
    • Denmark, Gentofte
    • Posts 51
    • Bronze Member

Thank you for your reply, Mr. Graham.

Could be the case, that I could connect a link speaker in another room which I could control my Beosystem2300. Some thing like a Beolink Passive Eye and an active speaker? Or have I misunderstood the capacity of my ML/MCL 1611 converter?

Regards

Christian

B&O old school link nerd

• 11-22-2008 1:22 PM In reply to

• chr_elling
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 11-18-2008
    • Denmark, Gentofte
    • Posts 51
    • Bronze Member

Dear Mr. Phil

Can I connect my MX7000 with the converter's powerlink socket and thus the tv's active speakers whenever I turn on the Beosystem2300 (without the TV screen it self turning on of course)? Or can you give me another good idea? Your knowledge is indeed impressiveYes -  thumbs up!

Best Regards

Christiab

B&O old school link nerd

• 11-22-2008 1:37 PM In reply to

Tell me again which elements you have in which room, including speakers, non B&O devices and I'll tell you what is the best setup.

(probably tomorrow as I am going out) 

• 11-22-2008 4:53 PM In reply to

• chr_elling
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 11-18-2008
    • Denmark, Gentofte
    • Posts 51
    • Bronze Member

Dear Mr.Phil

In my living room: Beosystem2300 with RDS, Beolab 2500, MX7000, cheap DVD player, Brainwave DVB-T scart based decoder to receive Dansih digital tv-channels,Beo4, Beolink1000 or Beolink7000, 2 LC2's in function

Bedroom: MX4000, Brainwave DVB-T scart based decoder to receive Dansih digital tv-channels, Beolab2000, Beo4 or Beolink1000 or my obsetion (apoligize my spelling) -a Beoilink7000 with RDS 

Connection: ML/PL-converter - data cable from Beosystem2300 to converter, Master link cable to Beolab 2000, vacant powerlink socket in converter.

Other stuff: Beosound 1 in kitchen, Beosound 3 in bathroom, 2 B&O phones and one 1200 Tele phone answering machine

Thank you in advance for all you help. It is greatly appreciated,sir!

Best regards

Christian

B&O old school link nerd

• 08-20-2009 12:12 PM In reply to

Phil,

I wonder if you remember the question or even your answer back last November.

I have a similar set up  Beosystem 2 to Beomaster 7000 via a 1611 converter.  Speakers attached to the tele, Tele sound - no probs, but I can only get HiFi sound in the lounge with the TV on by going AV CD or AV Radio for instance.  If I press CD or Radio without the TV on - Nothing, if I do the same whilst the TV is on it blanks the TV but no still no sound.

I have a thin Powerlink cable between Converter and Beomaster 7000, should I change this to a Mark 2 fully wired version, would this help in my quest?  Something's working as I can beolink the TV around the house using the MCL connections which plug into speaker 2 sockets of the same beomaster.   I am that close, so frustrating.  I am tempted to wire in a MCL2AV and plug the TV into the appropriate socket on that, if all else fails

Cheers

Gary

• 08-20-2009 12:37 PM In reply to

The cable between the Converter and the audiomaster must be a Datalink cable, not a Powerlink cable. In addition, you may add a fully wired powerlink cable, this allows you to use local controls on the audio system (volume, on, off).

You must also set your TV to V.Option 2 and the audio system to A.Option 0.

p.

• 08-20-2009 1:16 PM In reply to

Hey thanks for a swift response.

To sum the connections...

Beomaster 7000:Beolink Converter 1611 (Datalink cable - TV/Aux socket to Datalink Socket)

Beomaster7000:Beolink Converter 1611  (Powerlink cable (mark 1 - it's very thin) - Powerlink socket to Powerlink Socket)

Beosystem 2:Beolink Converter 1611 (ML Cable - ML socket to ML Socket)

Beosystem 2: ML/MCL Converter 1651 (Powerlink cable (mark 2 - it's fat) - Centre Speakers socket to ML/MCL Converter PL socket)

MCL/ML Converter:Speakers (2x2pin din speaker plugs to my Beovox pentas)

OPTIONS: TV to V.Option 2 and the audio system to A.Option 0.

Hopefully that explains things

Gary

• 08-20-2009 1:26 PM In reply to

Your setup is correct, except that the thin powerlink cable is of no use, it should be a thick one (MK2).

The sound is not transported from the audio system to the converter using the powerlink cable but using the datalink cable.

The thick powerlink cable have extra wires that were used to display the volume and the sources on vintage speakers. The converter uses this to turn up or down the sound of the TV when you touch the sound up/down/mute of the Beomaster.

But even without the powerlink cable, your setup should work fine.

You say you can get TV around the house using the MCL connection? How are the link TV connected to the main TV?

• 08-21-2009 5:53 AM In reply to

Originally my LX 6000 (?) was connected to the Beomaster 7000 using the datalink cable and speakers attached to the hifi Speakers 1 socket and the MCL system for the remainder of the house tapped into the 3 (or4?) pin din Speaker 2 socket.  All seemed to work a treat.

The LX finally gave ghost and I have updated to BV4(37") c/w a Beosystem 2.

Recently playing with the set up I pressed TV on the remote in the kitchen (which has MCL2A connected speakers only) I got the TV sound, which I assume is finding its way there via the ML socket on the Beosystem 2 to the 1611 converter to the beomaster 7000 then through the MCL wiring to the MCL2A and then the speaker wires.  This only confused me as it appears that this conduit for sound is open, but unless I press AV Radio I can't get the sound from hifi to speakers attached to the TV in the lounge.  In my office I have another LX TV attached to the MCL system via a MCL2AV which works a treat, Press radio and you get radio, if you have the TV on the sound is muted and it tells you what CD track or Radio station No.

As yet I have not connected the RF from the Beosystem 2 to the remainder of the link TVs in the house, but it is on the to do list

I will seek out another powerlink mk2 to bridge between Beomaster 7000 and Converter 1611, then hopefully this will all be sorted, but you do suggest it should work without the powerlink cable, (even the documents I have downloaded from beoworld have this line in dotted) hmmmm.  I don't want to shell out for another wire if it shouldn't be needed.

Thanks for your continued support

Gary

• 08-21-2009 6:30 AM In reply to

Do not buy another cable for now...

In your link room, if you do LINK - AV - TV, can you get the sound of the main room TV?

p.

• 08-21-2009 6:42 AM In reply to

Hmm Dunno, good question.

I won't know until next week as I am away for the weekend (well as soon as I can escape from work)

I'll try this as soon as I can and will report back

Gary

• 08-21-2009 7:19 AM In reply to

What would be good as well is that you draw a schema representing your installation, with all its cables and converters and splitter...

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)