in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 02-25-2012 3:02 PM by Gaz1za. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-12-2008 10:31 PM

• jackg
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-13-2008
    • Posts 2
    • Bronze Member

Beocom 6000 Mk 1 Can not see base. Help!

I have just got myself a second hand beocom 6000 MK1 with the pyramid base station.

When I got a new battery the phone powered up perfectly and worked fine. I tested it to make and receive calls. However it was full of the previous owners information and phone numbers.

I decided to reset to factory specs. However i think I made a big mistake:

I used the code DOT 70009 to reset the handset and this worked fine. All the phone numbers were gone. I now realise I should have done the DOT 70008 number and reset the base.

Now the handset cannot communicate with the base. 

When I power up the handset says "Not Registered"

If I turn the wheel it says "no signal"

and "phone book  ***UPDATING***"

and "not base 1"

If I try and reset the base using the code it says "base connection ***ERRO***"

if I place it on the base it says "search base wait" for quite while and then says "Not Registered"

I tried turning of the base and the handset overnight- no luck

it seems there is no way to make the base visible to the handset. Do I need to take it in for repair?

any help much appreciated.

• 11-12-2008 11:37 PM In reply to

• jackg
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-13-2008
    • Posts 2
    • Bronze Member

Re: Beocom 6000 Mk 1 Can not see base. Help!

ah- ha - Eureka!

I discovered the answer: there is a hidden reset button on the base station- it is between to two charger contact pins. If you hold it down the charg light will flash red and then the phone can see the base station again.

it is funny because I read a lot of poss on these forums and read that this was not possible- and that this button did not exist.

it is- and it does!

• 11-13-2008 2:33 AM In reply to

The button is not a reset button, it is a button that sets the base into polling mode, so you can register handsets.

Regards Keith....

• 02-25-2012 3:02 PM In reply to

• Gaz1za
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-25-2012
    • Posts 1
    • Bronze Member

When you say the Base Station, do you mean the charger base or the PSTN Base as the only reset. Utton I can find is on the base of my handsets? Like you I've bought four handsets second hand and whilst I have registered them to my brand new beoline, they will not allow any other functionality as they're all stating Not Base 1:-( Can you please help or anyone else having the same problem.

All four handsets have now had new batteries and new software upgrades.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)