in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-23-2008 4:11 PM by ethuijs. 12 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-10-2008 4:01 PM

Beoport Video Viewing and Photo directory

2 questions about the Beoport: version 4.83

1. I have read on this forem you can view Mpeg files via N.Music with the right codexs. Where can I find them? Will AVI files also work?

2. For Photo’s the My Pictures directory is used. Can you add more directories of network drives as file locations?

Kind regards, Edwin
  • 11-11-2008 7:51 AM In reply to

Re: Beoport Video Viewing and Photo directory

Good question! I want to know the answer as well!

Barry

• 11-11-2008 3:18 PM In reply to

• Spiros
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Thessaloniki GREECE
    • Posts 1,088
    • Gold Member

Hi there.

I'm not quite sure but it should be from the photo and not n. music

I have installed the Vista codecs (search on google and you got it) and they work briliantly with the subtitles as well but through the Windows media player.

Give it a try. Nothing to lose but some time!!!!

Best regards

Spiros

• 11-11-2008 4:51 PM In reply to

My PC runs on Windows XP SP3. Don't think this will work, Vista Codecs...
  • 11-12-2008 2:59 AM In reply to

• Spiros
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Thessaloniki GREECE
    • Posts 1,088
    • Gold Member

Hi there.

The vista codecs is for Windows XP and Vista as well. Don't be confused from the name!!

I was for the first time. They are really brilliant

Best regards

Spiros

• 11-12-2008 11:13 AM In reply to

• bdm01
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-07-2008
    • Posts 36
    • Gold Member

Hi,

Never really have understood about codec's etc, but my question to you guys is:-

where do you find the codec's ? And once you have downloaded them.

Where do you put them in your system so that Beoplayer can use them ?

Any help / advice would be appreciated

Best regards

• 11-12-2008 2:42 PM In reply to

ethuijs:

2 questions about the Beoport: version 4.83

1. I have read on this forem you can view Mpeg files via N.Music with the right codexs. Where can I find them? Will AVI files also work?

2. For Photo’s the My Pictures directory is used. Can you add more directories of network drives as file locations?

Kind regards, Edwin

Hello!

1.- AVI or MPEG files works great with Beoport if you use the right codecs (if you can watch the videos with WindowsMediaPlayer, then beoplayer also can), but you must use the PHOTO command-section, not N.Music.

2.- Correct "My pictures" is the default folder, but you can always "drag and drop" any file from any folder, directly over beoplayer and you will get it.

we can watch videos using PHOTO not only with the beoport 4.83 version, but from the very first 4.01 version of beoplayer which had the PHOTO capabilities, some years ago.

Santiago

• 11-12-2008 2:48 PM In reply to

bdm01:

Hi,

Never really have understood about codec's etc, but my question to you guys is:-

where do you find the codec's ? And once you have downloaded them.

Where do you put them in your system so that Beoplayer can use them ?

Any help / advice would be appreciated

Best regards

Hi 

I use the "K-Lite mega codec pack" is free and it's a self-installation pack, you must do nothing, only install it by default anywhere in the PC like any other software.

I use it to play any kind of video using beoport PHOTO section and works fine.

Santiago

• 11-12-2008 2:50 PM In reply to

ethuijs:
    My PC runs on Windows XP SP3. Don't think this will work, Vista Codecs...

I also run on Windows XP SP3 and I watch any kind of videos via PHOTO section inside the beoport software without problem.

Santiago

• 11-12-2008 6:49 PM In reply to

1. I have installed Vista codecs rel 5.01. First no sound at some movie types but after reboot of PC fine now.Big Smile (Win XP sp3).

2. How do I drop any file "over Beoplayer"? I prefer even more dropping a shared network drive over Beoplayer containing all my photo's and video's. Large PC upstairs for storage. Small pc dowstairs hidden away with Beoport to play them on the TV, for N.Music, for  N.Radio.

3. When I have Beoport with IR eye can I select Photo's and start avi's / mpeg with only the BEO4? With the BEO4 on the screen GO doesn't work for starting video (mpeg). Are there commands on the BEO4 for Full screen / hide folder list etc?

Kind regards, Edwin 

• 11-13-2008 3:24 AM In reply to

Hello Edwin ,

1. Well done!

2. You can drag and drop any file, any folder or any drive in beoplayer and the software will scan automatically all the content.

To do that: open the left side panel of beoplayer PHOTO section, then select the "folder" view, open the windows file explorer, then select any file, folder or drive, and "drag and drop" it into the left side window of beoplayer, the software will scan automatically your selection.

3. Beo4 cannot directly control any command of the PHOTO section in the beoport software, you must use the keyboard + mouse.

Kind regards.

Santiago

• 11-13-2008 5:21 AM In reply to

• Spiros
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 09-03-2007
    • Thessaloniki GREECE
    • Posts 1,088
    • Gold Member

Wouldn't that be great if in the next upgrade of Beoport/Beoplayer B&O could add movies or films or video menu so that they would be independant from the photos?

And maybe an upgrade on Beo4 and Beo5 to give such a command.

I hope that a product manager from B&O follows this messages!!!!

Best regards

Spiros

• 11-23-2008 4:11 PM In reply to

I got it working now on a MX7000 via TV out SVHS on my PC. Picture quality is fine for Photo or MPEG / AVI viewing but the folder names are hardly readable. Any tips on this?

How is this on Beomedia?

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)