in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 11-10-2008 12:42 PM by nmartin771. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-10-2008 9:02 AM

• fish
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-03-2007
    • Posts 28
    • Bronze Member

ipod connectivity, help needed..

hi,

i would be grateful if someone could possibly help.

i'd like to know the best way of connecting an ipod touch to my current setup, basically i have an avant along with an av9000, a 2300 and various other bits like a beolab 2000, mx4000 etc, i thought i would use the aux on the 2300 but that is currently being used by the masterlink converter and therefore i'm not sure on how i should be connecting it up, e.g. should i be using some kind of aux splitter or something ?, also is it best to include a  product like the ridax-dock ?

thanks in advance 

steve 

• 11-10-2008 9:09 AM In reply to

• jb
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 03-17-2008
    • Surrey, UK
    • Posts 10
    • Bronze Member

Re: ipod connectivity, help needed..

Steve

I have the same problem as you. I have been told by B&O and by Lifestyle A/V that there is no way around it, other than upgrading your 2300 to a product with built in masterlink. I'd be interested to know if there is another solution...

Jason 

• 11-10-2008 9:14 AM In reply to

Connect the iPod to a Scart on the Master TV. p.
  • 11-10-2008 9:23 AM In reply to

• fish
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-03-2007
    • Posts 28
    • Bronze Member

hi jason,

i've had the 2300 for ages now and to be honest using cd's less and less (hence the need for connecting the ipod) so don't really want to change it, i'm sure there must be a way and if there is i'm sure someone on here will know, they've never let me down before !!

steve

• 11-10-2008 9:28 AM In reply to

• fish
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-03-2007
    • Posts 28
    • Bronze Member

hi phil,

i currently have a ps3 in the master tv scart, but i don't remember if there is a spare, if not then i'm sure i can move the ps3 elsewhere or connect it up to the s-video or something. if the ipod does go into the scart is there likely to be any chance that i'll be able to have some control via the beo4 if i use something like the ridax ?

thanks

steve

• 11-10-2008 9:34 AM In reply to

Some Beovision also have a Camera connection which can be used to connect external equipment.
  • 11-10-2008 12:30 PM In reply to

• Luigi
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Figueres (Spain)
    • Posts 3,013
    • Founder

I have connected my original apple dock to Camera connection of my BV3-32. The Beo5 does all the job pressing one button. Since Keith created the xml file for this item I can control it with my Beo5. If you have a Beo5 you can download this file of the Beoworld site.

Luis

• 11-10-2008 12:42 PM In reply to

hm.....

I will have same problem in the future....

Do anybody know how complicate is an upgrade of masterlink to Beosystem 2300 and how much it will cost ?  

when your Black Label begin to taste like juice just take shot or two of Absinthe and after that quench with some vodka, if you still feel juice like take beer with grappa !

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)