in Search
Untitled Page

ARCHIVED FORUM -- April 2007 to March 2012
READ ONLY FORUM

This is the first Archived Forum which was active between 17th April 2007 and 1st March February 2012

Latest post 10-22-2008 2:12 PM by Alex. 29 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (30 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-21-2008 4:30 AM

BeoVision 9 and BeoSound/Master 5

What do you think will B&O later perhaps integrate BeoMaster 5 into BeoVision9 housing so it can be fully integrated with BeoSound 5?
  • 10-21-2008 4:46 AM In reply to

Re: BeoVision 9 and BeoSound/Master 5

I think that is why the BM5 has the same size as the BM1.
  • 10-21-2008 5:48 AM In reply to

• Ignace
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-30-2007
    • Moderator - NL
    • Posts 2,749
    • Founder

Yes,

the BeoSound will be available either as a combination of BeoSound 5 + BeoMaster 5 

or BeoSound 5 + BeoVision 9 (BeoMaster 5 integrated in BV9) 

• 10-21-2008 7:32 AM In reply to

What about customers which do not have a PC or are old not computer generation, for them I think BeoSound 5 is useless.

Will in the future CDs dissapear and only MP3 music will live?

• 10-21-2008 8:04 AM In reply to

True, but this has always been the case. There will still be products to suit them. The Beocenter 2 is not going anywhere for a while.
  • 10-21-2008 9:02 AM In reply to

Will BeoSound 5 also have radio or is it only some kind of interface between PC and speakers?

Why will BeoSound music/video be displayed on TV as BeoSound 5 has it's own display?

Is BeoSound 5 also suitable for windows PC or only for MAC?

How will BeoSound be connected to the TV and how to PC what kind of socket will be used that for?

• 10-21-2008 11:54 AM In reply to

• Ignace
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-30-2007
    • Moderator - NL
    • Posts 2,749
    • Founder

Will BeoSound 5 also have radio or is it only some kind of interface between PC and speakers?

BeoSound 5 will support NetRadio and it is an audio-master,

it will only work in combination with BeoMaster 5, 

which is the component that connects to Masterlink / Beolab speakers

Why will BeoSound music/video be displayed on TV as BeoSound 5 has it's own display?

The display on BeoSound 5 can only display the covers of the music that is stored on BeoMaster 5, 

video's / pictures can not be displayed on BeoSound 5

The BeoConnect software is available for both Windows and Mac

How will BeoSound be connected to the TV and how to PC what kind of socket will be used that for?

The BeoSound 5 is connected to BeoMaster 5, not to a tv. 

A tv can be connected to BeoMaster 5 via a DVI-connector. 

• 10-21-2008 12:04 PM In reply to

avus17:

What about customers which do not have a PC or are old not computer generation, for them I think BeoSound 5 is useless.

Will in the future CDs dissapear and only MP3 music will live?

I think B&O are planning to offer a CD ripping service with the BM/BS5 (via a 3rd party) whereby the customer has their music collection ripped to a portable hard drive at their desired compression and catalogued. The B&O installers can then simply upload the contents of the hard disc onto Beosound 5 so the customer won't have to worry about it. 

• 10-21-2008 12:09 PM In reply to

For free?

• 10-21-2008 12:13 PM In reply to

koning:

For free?

Laughing 

• 10-21-2008 12:18 PM In reply to

Smile

I think it will be around 50p per cd or something, less if there is 1000s of cds! That includes collection, a large portable hard disc, the ripping service, a physical catalogue of cds and tracklists and delivery so its not too bad. I don't know if dealers are planning to work this into the price somehow or not to be honest.   

• 10-21-2008 3:27 PM In reply to

Ignace:

BeoSound 5 will support NetRadio and it is an audio-master,

it will only work in combination with BeoMaster 5, 

which is the component that connects to Masterlink / Beolab speakers

The display on BeoSound 5 can only display the covers of the music that is stored on BeoMaster 5, 

video's / pictures can not be displayed on BeoSound 5

The BeoConnect software is available for both Windows and Mac

The BeoSound 5 is connected to BeoMaster 5, not to a tv. 

A tv can be connected to BeoMaster 5 via a DVI-connector. 

Ignace,

will it work on a non B&O lcd as well?

• 10-22-2008 2:13 AM In reply to

If BeoSound 5 only supports NetRadio whato about other stations? So in any way you need a PC to distribute NetRadio via BeoMaster 5 to the BeoSound 5 and BeoLabs, what when I get other stations via cable? So they can not be listened to?
  • 10-22-2008 4:37 AM In reply to

• kawo
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-17-2007
    • Posts 516
    • Founder

Installers of the Kaleidescape System offer a "ripping" service for DVD and CD with a bulk loader. This one holds up to 250 disc's. Either they do this for their customers or rent it out for DYI ripping.

http://www.kaleidescape.com/files/datasheets/Kaleidescape-Speed-Reader.pdf

BV4-50, Beosystem 3, Beolab 5, Beolab 3, BV3-32, BV1, BS9000, Beolab 4, Beolab 2000, Beo4 Cinema

• 10-22-2008 4:38 AM In reply to

You need a PC to configure the Beomaster 5 and to transfer songs on it. You do not need a PC to listen to N.RADIO as the Beomaster 5 is a PC itself and needs a connection to the internet.

You cannot listen to FM any longer unless you have another traditional Beosound.

If you get Radio though cable and if you get them through your Set-top box, then you can continue to receive them as before.

You cannot listen to CD any longer, unless you have another tradional Beosound in your system or a DVD player.

p.

• 10-22-2008 7:12 AM In reply to

If so, I think BeoSound 5 is of use for me. And I think it will be for a big population as BeoSound does not have a CD drive (people have a lot of CDs), does not have a radio which still a lot of people get via cable as domestic stations are not all available via the internet and this way BeoSound 5 looks to me just like a better BeoPort+ 1/2 of BeoSound, I can simply connect my PC phones output to AUX input of my BeoSound 9000 and get NetRadio and MP3 playback very quickly (perhaps not a quality as via BeoSound 5), but much more cheaper. Or simplay buy BeoPort and the quality should be similar.

I still don't understand why B&O are making this BeoSound 5 interface, MP3 files are not offering the same quality as CDs. If I load music from the internet also in many cases happens that MP3 files are of very bad quality, how will B&O improve this files?

So in my opinion BeoSound 5 for 5.000,-€ no thank you B&O, perhaps as for world recession which is on it's way now a lot of B&O will very roconsider buying B&O products of this high price. And 5.000,-€ for another piece of Lego???

• 10-22-2008 7:21 AM In reply to

The price is just speculation even though that sounds about rght to me. The way I see the BS5 is, it is supposed to complement your existing beosound or beocenter not replace it.

When it comes to digital music from the internet, a good sound processor can do a bit, however the quality that it was ripped in is key. That is why I usually buy the CD and rip myself. 

Yes you can get this cheaper, even with B&O. But then again, your buying the "user experience" which an apple tv or ipod or beoport will be sub par from what we have heard. For how long, that will be interesting to see.

JK 

BS9000, BS2300, BC2, BL2500, BL3, Bl2, BS1, BV8, BC4, A8

• 10-22-2008 7:48 AM In reply to

• Beofan2
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 07-31-2007
    • Fredericia, Denmark
    • Posts 313
    • Bronze Member

Sales of CD´s are going down, at least I know that´s a fact in Denmark. B&O of course have to deal with that scenario and launch products that deals with the way, at least most customers buy / will buy music in the future. That´s also the reason they choose to not launch new DVD´s but a simular solution for video..

BM5 handles different formats among them lossless. You don´t have to use MP3.

What do you mean that you have to buy another Lego?

It´s not magic - it´s Bang & Olufsen

• 10-22-2008 7:54 AM In reply to

I hope the price for BeoSound 5 will be under 2.000,-€ otherwise they can forget big sales of this interface. It also looks nothing special, but BeoSound 9000 looks as an icon and is already a classic B&O product.

Why rip CDs to computer if you can put 6 CDs in BeoSound 9000 and play emediately?

And for MP3 files buying BeoSound 5 just to see albums on display? And on such small display which is hardly visible from a distance?

Other brands as for instance LOEWE offer Sond-Center solutions with CD drive, USB inputs, digital radio etc. No riping needed, just put MP3 files on your memory key and sound is here. Oh B&O why always Lego is your idol?

• 10-22-2008 8:05 AM In reply to

avus17:

I hope the price for BeoSound 5 will be under 2.000,-€ otherwise they can forget big sales of this interface.

The price is more or less known, so no hope there....

avus17:

It also looks nothing special, but BeoSound 9000 looks as an icon and is already a classic B&O product.

You're comparing a product you have seen, with one you have only seen on a low quality picture. Those who have seen it all find it is a real B&O product and potential icon. The way it operates also seem to be part of the experience. 

avus17:

Why rip CDs to computer if you can put 6 CDs in BeoSound 9000 and play emediately?

'cause someone's library can be larger than 6 CDs, and that with a multi room system, a media center saves you from getting up, going to another room and change the disk.

The same confort the remote control brought in the 80's.

avus17:

Other brands as for instance LOEWE offer Sond-Center solutions with CD drive, USB inputs, digital radio etc. No riping needed, just put MP3 files on your memory key and sound is here.

And how do you put the MP3 files on the USB stick in the first place? No ripping?

p.

• 10-22-2008 8:30 AM In reply to

I download MP3 files from the internet and put them on memory key. No ripping needed.

• 10-22-2008 8:37 AM In reply to

Downloading MP3s off the internet, naughty boy! 

Well, then instead of putting them on a USB stick, you have a program on your PC that transfer them wirelessly to your BM5. Et voila!

• 10-22-2008 8:38 AM In reply to

• Alex
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-16-2007
    • Bath & Cardiff, UK
    • Posts 2,990
    • Bronze Member

I don't see why I would want to download an album when I can buy it for the same price or thereabouts and get a physical copy which is sonically superior.

Weekly top artists:                   

• 10-22-2008 8:44 AM In reply to

I get MP3 files without charging as I download them with EMule or similar programme.

Will MP3 files when bought on the internet get automatical to the BeoMaster 5? How will can I choose music files when BeoSound/Master 5 do not need a computer as BeoMsater 5 alreday has the internet connection?

• 10-22-2008 8:45 AM In reply to

Alex:

I don't see why I would want to download an album when I can buy it for the same price or thereabouts and get a physical copy which is sonically superior.

It is about choice. many people are moving to dematerialised music. B&O would be ridiculed if it did not address people's new needs. I am not saying they should stop making CD players. For me a good setup should have the possibility to play CD, radio, N.MUSIC and N.RADIO.

Page 1 of 2 (30 items) 1 2 Next >